Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

His beak is worse than his bite

SylvrTitoijava

Lairian
It has occurred to me that it has been awhile since I posted anything about my lovely Magi acting like a loon... It is well over due. Luckily she gave me perfect fuel this morning.

So....My fiance has a pet bird. (I see a few of you are already laughing! Don't get ahead of me now!)
It's an albino "blue zebra parakeet", for those who don't know BZP's aren't actually parakeets, they are budgerigar.
These are not big birds, but man are they smart. It insults the cats from time to time. The same cage is placed up high on a book shelf and my other two furred cats never pay it any mind.

Magi, it seems, has a fondness for anything that moves, the more feathers the better...

I'm in the kitchen, doing some dishes when I hear squawking, then yowling. I come running out to find books all over the floor from where Magi had scaled the book shelf, and her perched on the very edge of the top shelf with her paw in the cage...
and quite firmly in the clutches of the bird's sharp beak. Right in between the toes.

She is shaking her paw and yowling and the bird, who's mouth is full, looks like a white feathery blur that's making muffled sqeaking and squawking sounds. Finally she pulls back too hard and tumbles down to the floor. There, rather than simply landing, spring boards back up into the air then landing in a dead run... being chased by the bird! :LOL:
It was very hard to round up the bird while laughing as hard as I was. I love our pets.

P.S. no animals were hurt in the unusual happenings of this morning.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Cute! How funny is that....thanks for sharing that experience with us! That bird and your Magi are a couple of real characters.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

OMG! I love this story! I can totally picture everything! I can just imagine you trying to round up both the feathered and the naked while laughing!!!

Gotta love our pets! Where would we all be without them!

Back