Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hoarse Meow

Nightcalamity

Lairian
Hello all,

Noko has been acting fine, but his meow is hoarse. I’ve been fostering some kittens and working with a lot of animals at work and am afraid he may have caught something.

I found a medicine by HomeoPet that’s for cough, but I’m not sure if I should send the money on it?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Nightcalamity Awh head smooches to cutie Noko.
Being you work with animals and foster (hugs to you ) I would play it safe and check with your vet first . You are in tune with animals so may have caught something early to check with your vet .
From past experience I have tried this or that with all paws crossed and ended up at the vet anyways .
So now I err on side of caution and run it by my vet first .. you can ask your vet about the product .
Often items a vet visit with some antibiotics ( many often free at local people pharmacies of your vet is kind enough to call in ) is faster treatment cure and cheaper than products to try before hand and end up at the vet anyways for a proper diagnosis , treatment .
Also helpful to video the signs and show to vet

If you have a video pls be sure to share with us
Have you changed litters recently or use scented litters ?

Following closely updates .

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
A hoarse meow can be associated with a URI...we had 2 come down with that symptom after getting a kitten. I’d get a vet check..they will probably prescribe an antibiotic and all will be fine.

Nightcalamity

Lairian
Update:

Hey everyone Noko is feeling better, but my fiancé is still taking him to the vet for a check-up tomorrow with the fosters.
BBDC23BA-7C9E-4FAF-AEE0-767671181376.jpeg

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hiya !
I hope the meds are working and all getting back to normal for him .
It’s great you help other little ones keep up the good work
Xxx❤️❤️❤️❤️Xxx

Back