Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Honestly, do you think your Sphynx is smarter then....

Hoestly, do you think your Sphynx is smarter then......

• Regular cats

Votes: 55 53.4%
  • dogs

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • young children

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Husband/Wife

Votes: 19 18.4%

• Total voters

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, do you think your sphynx is smarter then.....

susi794

Staff member
I'm the one that voted smarter than my (ex) husband. ROFLMAO--that was an absolute NO-BRAINER!!

I think cat in general are pretty smart. Not sure if they're smarter than dogs, but more of a different type of smart all together. She's not smarter than the husband otherwise she'd always want to dress warm in cold weather (which she dosen't)... now as for children she's at least as smart if not smarter...its a good thing she doesn't have a thumb or we'd be in troubble.

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I voted for young children because teenagers weren't an option! My lovely 22 year old step daughter is here for a visit, but she is as giggly & silly as a 15 year old. I think the boys have her beat!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Cant vote in this pull. I am missing a none of the above.
I am sorry to say but Decibel is the cutest, most loving and funniest cat ever.
But smart or clever she is not.
Her mother and father are half-siblings and it shows.
She is kinda like the child of cletus and Brandine in The Simpsons.
I love her to death but when you all talk about how clever sphynx are, I cannot relate.

susi794

Staff member
I love her to death but when you all talk about how clever sphynx are, I cannot relate.
:LOL::LOL:Poor Decibel!:Surprise:

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I think cat in general are pretty smart. Not sure if they're smarter than dogs, but more of a different type of smart all together. She's not smarter than the husband otherwise she'd always want to dress warm in cold weather (which she dosen't)... now as for children she's at least as smart if not smarter...its a good thing she doesn't have a thumb or we'd be in troubble.

LOL I always say that too! My sphynx have learned to turn lights on and off, tell time(they haven't caught onto how weekends work, though LOL) turn the radio on, open cupboard latches & unzip zippers on my tent when I take them camping. I always tell them if they had thumbs, I'd make them get jobs :LOL:

:LOL::LOL: Awww!!! LOL!!

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow....I feel like mine are on the short bus! They can't do any of those things. They can find the warmest spot in the house and enslave all those that live here though.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm sure I'm biased but compared to my other cats and even some small children I know, Piglet is pretty darn smart! I think she's genius-level in cat intelligence. Piglet can figure out anything and has a uncanny sense of her environment. She also scored very highly at her first animal-therapy evaluation, higher than most dogs. :ThumbsUp:

Elisabet, your description of Decibel made me laugh!:LOL:

Elisabet, your description of Decibel made me laugh!:LOL:
I have been holding it in for long. I am sorry It came out that way. It was kinda brutal. But I love my little ray of sunshine.
Stupid or not. I think she is the most perfect kitty ever.

Your description made me laugh too. I think it's incredibly endearing when some kitties are just not smart. We have a Ragdoll that is the least smart of the bunch and we love him for it. He's always making us laugh!

I have been holding it in for long. I am sorry It came out that way. It was kinda brutal. But I love my little ray of sunshine.
Stupid or not. I think she is the most perfect kitty ever.

susi794

Staff member
Wow....I feel like mine are on the short bus! They can't do any of those things. They can find the warmest spot in the house and enslave all those that live here though.
Marna, what would I do without you to make me just gut laugh?? The short bus!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
there needs to be an "All of the above" option ;) lol

I voted smarter than regular cats but I also feel they are smarter then a few other things! lol Defintley needed a "Other" catergory! lol

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Mug-Y is DEFINITELY smarter than my other half!!! Hinchy hides under the covers in the morning at 6am thinking the cat won't find him...Mug-Y's now taken to tunnelling up the bed and hitting him in the face for food!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

X

susi794

Staff member
Mug-Y is DEFINITELY smarter than my other half!!! Hinchy hides under the covers in the morning at 6am thinking the cat won't find him...Mug-Y's now taken to tunnelling up the bed and hitting him in the face for food!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

X
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
All of these posts are genuinely hilarious. Great way to start a Friday.:ThumbsUp:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I voted smarter than most cats because there wasn't an "all the above" choice:LOL:
So far Miss Nudie Patootie has outsmarted everyone but me- although I'm sure I'm next!