Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

honeymoon

anyone know any good places to go for a honeymoon? i am just starting to do some research for next year. we were thinking about the greek isles-- maybe a cruise to all of them. anyone ever been there, or can make any good suggestions? thanks.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Aruba is suppose to be nice!:Laugh:

Alaska was the most amazing place I've ever been...but it definitely depends what time of year you're traveling! :LOL:

(Then again, I live in Florida, so I don't go for the tropical vacation spots!!)

i think you would LOVE the greek isles. However, if you chose to go somewhere in eastern europe like Slovakia or the Czech Republic, then you could afford to vacation like KINGS, and there is not only fabulously amazing scenery, but everything is cheap as dirt. Aside from a language barrier, the people are very friendly, and the exchange rate is crazy good. almost as good as the beer! I went to Slovakia (I was living in England at the time so it wasnt far) for two or three spring breaks in a row, and there are fabulous natural hotsprings and the spas to go with them scattered all over the place. springtime and summer are beautiful there.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well, I would recommend Cozumel. You get away from the craziness of Cancun. It's the Cancun for the older crowd. Peace and quiet yet still a good nightlife.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I vote for the Greek islands....that's my dream honeymoon vacation, too! If you guys can go...DO IT!!! I've been wanting to go there for many years and after watching the "Mamma Mia" movie, it makes me want to go more. I'm trying to talk my fiance into doing a cruise there when we get married.

I have been to the Mediterranean on the coasts of Italy and France, though; it is absolutely amazing! The sea is a beautiful turquiose and the beaches are great! :Cool:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
You can't go wrong with Korea or Japan, but something somewhat local...I personally LOVED Toronto and in April I'm going up to Montreal to reuse my french from Paris. New Orleans was also a blast if you want to party.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hawaii and Santa Fe, New Mexico are great.
I have never been to another country but Asia and or somewhere Tropical sounds nice.

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Depending how much time you want to be on the plane.... by far the best place ever created.... The MALDIVES!!!!:Exclamation:

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
we just got back from Hawaii last month and i loved it, I cried when we had to leave lol and i took amazing pictures check out my facebook albums if you get a chance there are some videos of us snorkeling with sea turtles and so really pretty pictures.

WOW!!!!! i just googled maldives that is AMAZING!!!! the water is crazy!!!!!

lovinsphynx i saw ur hawaii pics on facebook they are awsome!! we went last year but we went to the big island. mine are on fb too. i didnt want to leave either everyone there is sooo layed back and its so beautiful

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Maldives hands down in my opinion tops anywhere.... how much better can you get when your room is above water & the floors have glass in them to see the reefs under your room! Plus almost all the hotels are on their own tiny little island. But the plane ride is killer... from the Chi it is almost 24 hr.

I agree with saintbabby, eastern europ is very beautifull ! and quite cheap. I went to hungarya and poland...very nice places !