Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hoping to get some support and meet people

andy haefner

Lairian
Hi
We are blessed to have lovely Luna in our family and never was a cat more loved. She however has been having issues with peeing on mats, carpets and even in laundry baskets . She did have a uti and had an injection but it continues and my house is starting to smell. She is not very oily at all but is leaving brown dirty marks on all the white linen which is making us crazy. Ive looked at a few threads on here and will try the suggestions. Just wanted to connect from sunny south africa

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@andy haefner welcome to sphynxlair for you and Luna! Sorry to hear you're dealing with this peeing issue. I can imagine peeing outside the litterbox is an annoying problem even though you love Luna very much.

Did you clean all the area's she's peeing on with a desinfect that really takes away the smell? Do you have one litterbox? Some sphynx won't pee and poop in the same litterbox. You could try 2 or for starts maybe even 3 boxes, placed all over the house. If she has a "favorite" pee spot you could put the litterbox there

And I'm sure @Lickleone will be happy to see a member from South Africa joining!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @andy haefner and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! Here is a good post on peeing outside the box, great info and ideas if you haven't tried them already - Sphynx pooping or peeing outside the litter box also s far as the oily sebum, not much you can do but try bathing less. The oil issue sort of comes with the territory of owning a sphynx cat, a "hair" everywhere payoff if you will...:)

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
White probably won't work with having a sphyx .... even my silver grey sheets gets orange.
My girl will pee in cardboard boxes if she's mad at me lol or she's a dummy and gets in the litter box the wrong way and pees off the edge. Hopefully nothing's wrong with your baby but you'll probably need an enzyme cleaner. Bissle makes a great heated water per vacuum carpet cleaner thing. It's green. I absolutely love mine

Yoda mom

Staff member
@andy haefner Welcome to the lair family
I am glad you joined this fun friendly bunch
And are reaching out for assistance
We all help each other for the love of sphynx

When was her last UTI?
I would contact your vet amd let them know about Luna .
They may want to recheck her for a possible reoccurring UTI

Definitely recommend using an enzyme cleaner like Mister Max anti icky poo unscented with the purple label

Anti-Icky-Poo - Anti-Icky-Poo Unscented - Anti Icky Poo

It (can be used on furniture , carpets , laundry - my breed) it's available on line - hopefully in your area too
Natures miracle cat version enzyme cleaner is used by members too

I definitely would call Luna's vet and ask about UTI , bladder stones ? Etc

I am sure others will chime in too with suggestions
You have all the lair positive vibes you get answers for your sweet Luna

I will be checking in for updates

Back