Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Horsey pic spam...

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Haven't shown you any pics of the "Baby" for a while...

IMG_4803_sm.jpg

August 2017 -- 18 months old

IMG_5326_sm.jpg

September 2017 -- 19 months old.

IMG_5477_sm.jpg

IMG_5489_sm.jpg

IMG_5491_sm.jpg

Stormy playing with his RUBBER CHICKEN SQUEAKY DOG TOY!
(Seriously...)

IMG_5930_sm.jpg

October 2017 -- 20 months old.

IMG_6044_sm.jpg

November 2017

IMG_6065_sm.jpg

November 2017 -- 21 months old.

Last edited:

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So here comes the kicker, tonight...
His breeder in the US, and I, have chatted on and off since I bought Stormy.
Some of you know, he was imported inside his mom, and born in Germany -- under my watch.
Now, Richard, his breeder, has been kicking himself ever since it was clear that Stormy was a Chocolate Silver Dapple -- precisely what Richard had been trying to breed from his stallion, but never managed to get. The ONE mare he sold in foal to his stallion...dropped Stormy.
Anyway, I get a ping from him on FB a few days ago, asking if I had any new pics of Stormy.
Well... of course. So I sent them.
He then told me he has a filly, the full sister to Stormy's mum, who has almost the identical markings to him. Sent me a pic, and yep.
Aaaaanyway....
Tonight I get a message on FB, out of the blue...
"Hey, can I buy your colt?"
I thought he was joking.
Turns out he wasn't.
He went as far as offering me the full sister of his mum, in foal to one of his stallions, shipped to me -- in exchange for Stormy.
Now... bear in mind, the airfare alone is about $5000. Plus 2 horses (one unborn).
Alas...
I told him "Nope."
It's tempting, but it would go completely against what I got Stormy for, and that is so Oz has a friend who will NEVER leave him. I was through breaking my horse's heart. Every time we moved he lost his buddies. And sometimes his buddies moved. And every time I saw him stand there, having to find his way in a new herd, or looking for his friend in the old herd...a little piece of me broke.
So I bought Stormy, as a friend who will never ever be parted from him.
I don't care what I'm being offered for him. He's not going anywhere without Oz, and Oz isn't going anywhere without Stormy.

IMG_5628_sm.jpg

That's why the answer will always be "Nope."
They love each other.
How could I possibly live with myself, if I split them up?

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Stormy and Oz are so handsome. I love seeing pics of them. Stormy somehow stole my heart. I think I said it before, but I'm always a bit afraid of horses. But when I see Stormy I want to cuddle him and he makes me longing for a horse. And yes I know Stormy is wild. And yes probably I would run off when I would come close to Stormy.

Oz is so adorable and funny. I'm happy he has Stormy as a friend and that you decided to keep Stormy!

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Toa and Ross
Actually...
Stormy is a total sweetheart and loves a cuddle. Always wants to hang out with people and see what they are doing. He usually follows me around the field, just hanging out.
He's not wild at all, very well behaved and eternally curious. He likes a run, but when he's around people, he's generally very respectful. (And he better be, since I don't like respectless horses.) If you scrubble his chest, he turns into a llama and you have a friend for life. :)
They are actually both very gentle and I think if you met them, you would lose your fear -- at least of those two. :)
All horses can look wild when they are excited, and they will hop around then, but no horse will deliberately step on a person or run over them. :)

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
IMG_5982_sm.jpg

Stormy and his rubber chicken...

IMG_6007_sm.jpg

Oz looking rather nice.

IMG_5942_sm.jpg

And cute. Butter wouldn't melt in his mouth.
IMG_5992_sm.jpg

Until rough housing can be had.

IMG_5990_sm.jpg

Yep, but this is play fighting.

IMG_5995_sm.jpg

IMG_5999_sm.jpg

You'd think after this they'd both be bloody and sore...

IMG_5926_sm.jpg

But... nope.
Not a scratch on either of them and best friends again.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It's Stormy's birthday on Thursday. :)
He'll be 2!
Time flies...
Day1.jpeg

Hard to believe this is was 2 years ago! (He's about 1 day old in this pic.)

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Ooooh what a cutie he was (and still is).
Happy (be-earlied) birthday Stormy! Such a handsome boy he is

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh my giddy aunt how stunningis he wow and you can see he comes from good breeding with his stance alone
Could you imagine the breeder coming to us asking us to sell / trade our naked bubbas ??? No way no how at no price
So I guess it’s the same how can you put a price on love ?? You can’t would be impossible
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

Roki

Lairian
Wow! Stormy has to be one of the most beautiful horses I’ve seen!! Thanks for sharing & giving your horses the “good life”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:)
He is out with a fleece and a windbreaker on today. Might take them off for some pics later this afternoon (I took some in the stable but he wouldn't stand still lol)
Measured him as well, he's exactly 14.2h (145 cm)
Another inch and he qualifies as a horse LOL (Horse = 148 cm and above, anything else is classed as a Pony.)
It is FREEZING today. 15mph wind from Siberia.
You know it's COLD when you muck out poop ice cubes.
Those were taken this morning in the stable:
20180222_101839.jpg

20180222_101806.jpg

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:) Thanks. Like I had anything to do with it lol.
I'm heading to bed with all the girls... because... the heating is off. It's -15c outside (windchill) and we have no heating oil.
It just never ends.
Every single heating blanket is on, the cats are on/under them, and I am COLD.
(She was bitching at me about "the water pipes in the stable will freeze because there aren't enough horses to generate heat and you removed the packed dirt floor (no, I didn't) and we need to tip muck there, and blah blah blah..." --- but, never mind the horses...they are packed into blankets. There is NO HEATING IN THE APARTMENT because there is no HEATING OIL!)
I'm getting new quotes for moving atm, because I'd missed listing some stuff.
As soon as I get a good quote -- I'm blowing the joint!

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Yikes! No heating when it's -15!! Please take all the blankets, crawl under them with the girls and only stick your nose out when you really absolutly need to.

Stay warm!

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:) Thanks. Like I had anything to do with it lol.
I'm heading to bed with all the girls... because... the heating is off. It's -15c outside (windchill) and we have no heating oil.
It just never ends.
Every single heating blanket is on, the cats are on/under them, and I am COLD.
(She was bitching at me about "the water pipes in the stable will freeze because there aren't enough horses to generate heat and you removed the packed dirt floor (no, I didn't) and we need to tip muck there, and blah blah blah..." --- but, never mind the horses...they are packed into blankets. There is NO HEATING IN THE APARTMENT because there is no HEATING OIL!)
I'm getting new quotes for moving atm, because I'd missed listing some stuff.
As soon as I get a good quote -- I'm blowing the joint!
Dear me love it must be freezing we had a saying back in the day ( hope I don’t offend if I do it’s not intentional )
It goes like this
“”” it’s cold enough to freeze the B@LLS off a brass monkey “””
Always made me titter ah
Get them babies in bed with you !!
Infact bring the horses in and get them into bed with you also
Be like the rhyme
10 in a bed and the little one said roll over roll over so they all rolled over and one fell out there was 9 in the bed and the little one said roll over roll over so they all rolled over and one fell out etc etc etc until there was one in the bed ah
Can you not have electric heaters ? Or the calor gas heaters ??
Sending warm hugs
From Anita Cleo & Mr Bagins xxx❤️❤️❤️
Ps I adore the mane and tail of your stunning horse , I’ve never seen one so handsome xxx❤️❤️❤️

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's what I woke up to.
20180223_062230.jpg

I am not amused.
"Not allowed" an electric heater? (It's in my contract) Screw that. The little heater is on full blast now (while I sit here in 3 pullovers, a teddy fleece cardigan, a hat and the hoody on top), because that's just fucking ridiculous.
Hoping the quotes come in today and then I will BOOK them for sooner rather than later.
I am done. Just....done.
The girls were under the blankets with me all night, all heating blankets are on. Need to fix two pullovers to fit the smaller girls.
Jez just crawled out, now that the little heater is going.
There is ICE on my front (glass) door!

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's what I woke up to.
View attachment 83480
I am not amused.
"Not allowed" an electric heater? (It's in my contract) Screw that. The little heater is on full blast now (while I sit here in 3 pullovers, a teddy fleece cardigan, a hat and the hoody on top), because that's just fucking ridiculous.
Hoping the quotes come in today and then I will BOOK them for sooner rather than later.
I am done. Just....done.
The girls were under the blankets with me all night, all heating blankets are on. Need to fix two pullovers to fit the smaller girls.
Jez just crawled out, now that the little heater is going.
There is ICE on my front (glass) door!
Gee whiz bother a contract your going to get penumonia , they ain’t going to enter your home get an heater , I bet you a pound to a penny they are nice and warm ! No one in this day and age should have to put up with those conditions !
I really hope what your planning comes sooner rather than later
Get an electric blanket under and over you .. do you have thermals ?
I would even light the stove for extra heat
I feel so bad for you
Hugs
Xxxx❤️❤️❤️❤️

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm manning the sewing machine just as soon as the little electric heater gets the room to a decent temperature. Because the kitty clothes are all Pixie sized and too big for the little girls.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
All electric blankets are on and set to 12 hrs. Tons of fleeces and blankets. Jez and Pixie are still in bed, under the blankets, Livvy is running around, but she has a coat on. (And so do I! 2 pullovers, a teddy fleece cardigan, leggings, 2 joggings, socks, warm slipper booties, and a freaking wooly HAT!)
There is a wood stove, but no signs of life yet. I am not allowed near it.
The shippers just called to check a few things, and tell me they will have several quotes by Monday.
Trouble is, I just bought a ton of hay, which I can't take with me, and I'm loathe to let her have most of it.
Going to have all 5 of my bales delivered next week, if possible.