Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Horsey pic spam...

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
upload_2018-2-23_11-36-36.png

Jez. Wearing an oversized....sock. Chopped up.
I can always find tons of two leg clothes, but rarely a one leg, or "Much room" one.
I might chop up the other sock, take the pattern and sacrifice a fleece blanket.
P.S. She hates it. :p
P.P.S. The landlady finally at 10am fired up the wood burner so the heating is currently on.
I just don't know for how long!

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Radiator lukewarm, she's gone off somewhere.
Still no oil.
Meaning tomorrow morning will be just as cold.
I get my moving quotes on Monday. Then I check horse transport dates and quote. And after that, I'll know when I'm moving.

Sheldon13

Staff member
I don’t understand how it’s not a breach of contract by them to allow such living conditions? Aren’t they responsible for mending anything broken? Such as the heat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
View attachment 83481
Jez. Wearing an oversized....sock. Chopped up.
I can always find tons of two leg clothes, but rarely a one leg, or "Much room" one.
I might chop up the other sock, take the pattern and sacrifice a fleece blanket.
P.S. She hates it. :p
P.P.S. The landlady finally at 10am fired up the wood burner so the heating is currently on.
I just don't know for how long!
Hi there !
I just love what you have done with a normal sock !!!!
It actually looks great and fits properly
Can you please if you ever get the time show us how to make the sock top
Gee whiz you’ve far more patience than I would have displayed nothing worse than being cold at least when your too hot you can remove a layer ! I would be under those blankets with your naked babies and not surface until summer ah
I really hope now you keep your heat , is she / he not breaching your contract ? We’ve all new laws in place in the uk now . Which is very much for the tennant
Sometimes love you need to put your foot down with a firm hand xx lol xx
Xxxx
❤️❤️❤️❤️

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My foot is too cold to be inserted anywhere. Yes, there are laws to fix stuff. Yes I can withhold money. But that doesn't get me warm.
Heating oil arrived (finally) this morning.
Alas, my radiators are still only lukewarm, and the car is frozen solid. We had to push it across the road so the truck could get in. He actually arrived at 7:30am, but left again because the slope wasn't cleared of snow. So she called a friend to clear it. I don't get why that wasn't done yesterday, but there you go.
Gonna address the lukewarm rads in the morning, because I'm done freezing my ass off. Probably need bleeding. If not... then she lowered the temp the heating can go to.
What's more, I'm finalizing which shipper I'm going with, so once that is sorted, I tell her I'm outta here. Me, cats, horses and all.
Alas, with the snow and a grass drive on a slope -- there is no hope in hell a removal truck can get in until about April when the snow is gone.
If I can persuade the shipper to come in April and hope and pray there is no snow anymore... then I leave in April.
I'm just done. Over. Finished. Can't take any more of this crap.
The mold is back on the window frame, too. Not surprising, since the heating is practically off.
(It was 5c in my bedroom this morning!!!)
The heating blankets are on constant.

As for the sock... I just chopped off the toe and cut a triangle out where the foot connects to the calf part. That's all.
I did later jump on the sewing machine and adjusted a couple pullovers.
Pixie keeps stripping hers off straight away tho lol.

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My foot is too cold to be inserted anywhere. Yes, there are laws to fix stuff. Yes I can withhold money. But that doesn't get me warm.
Heating oil arrived (finally) this morning.
Alas, my radiators are still only lukewarm, and the car is frozen solid. We had to push it across the road so the truck could get in. He actually arrived at 7:30am, but left again because the slope wasn't cleared of snow. So she called a friend to clear it. I don't get why that wasn't done yesterday, but there you go.
Gonna address the lukewarm rads in the morning, because I'm done freezing my ass off. Probably need bleeding. If not... then she lowered the temp the heating can go to.
What's more, I'm finalizing which shipper I'm going with, so once that is sorted, I tell her I'm outta here. Me, cats, horses and all.
Alas, with the snow and a grass drive on a slope -- there is no hope in hell a removal truck can get in until about April when the snow is gone.
If I can persuade the shipper to come in April and hope and pray there is no snow anymore... then I leave in April.
I'm just done. Over. Finished. Can't take any more of this crap.
The mold is back on the window frame, too. Not surprising, since the heating is practically off.
(It was 5c in my bedroom this morning!!!)
The heating blankets are on constant.

As for the sock... I just chopped off the toe and cut a triangle out where the foot connects to the calf part. That's all.
I did later jump on the sewing machine and adjusted a couple pullovers.
Pixie keeps stripping hers off straight away tho lol.

Hi again , if I were you I would hold off telling her your going for as long as you possibly can ! In case she takes unbridge and you’ve no heating again
This person sounds like a nasty piece of work and selfish beyond words !!
I take it you don’t have access to the heat control then ?
Oh my goodness how sad you will be long gone when master KARMA comes to call
I do hope your time left there passes quickly and I wish you peace and happiness in your new place
Massive hugs
Xxx❤️❤️❤️
Ps going to try the sock thing I can just see it now ! Not a sock in the house that doesn’t have the toes cut out , and ventilation at the heels ah ha
( I am sure @Silke my hubby and grandsons will send you personal messages of thanks for giving me the idea ah ha ha )
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
LOL mutilating hubby socks, I can see it now...
Well, something in the heating is broken. The radiators barely get warm. Spoke to her son this morning and he's looking at it already.
Just had the movers on the phone, that's all set to roll, I just need to confirm a few things and book a date. (I'm thinking 1st May latest, but maybe sooner!)
So, on top of everything, my car froze. We got the battery out earlier and that's charging now, but the cooler water is frozen to slush, despite antifreeze.
Also, the heated waterers in Stormy's box is frozen solid. It's a block of ice. That means the ones in the adjoining stable are too. (Oz's still works.)
Well.... their horses were in at about 4pm last night. I took water out to Stormy at 7am, because I knew the water I put out at 9pm would either be drunk or frozen. (Yes, I lugged a bucket of water out there at 9pm. Otherwise he's thirsty and doesn't eat.)
While I'm doing my stables at about 10am, there is no movement anywhere and their car is gone. So I didn't know if anyone was actually here. (Her son lost his license for a few weeks.) I couldn't stand it any longer, knowing the two horses in the box adjoining Stormy's wouldn't have any water at all, and not since 4pm the previous day. So I lugged 2 buckets of water there -- and they were so desperate for water, they pretty much ran me down. I have nice swollen fingers now because one of them slammed the door on them.
That was around 10:30. So I gave them hay and more water...and at 10:45 her son strolls out to do the horses. Told him they were pretty much destroying the stable, so I watered them, let them out and gave them hay.

Now...the thing is... when I went to tip the rest of the water I couldn't fit into my boy's bucket, into the bucket I left for theirs... I see the stable door is wide open.
Well no wonder the pipes are frozen!!! It's -12c outside! The drinker connected to Stormy's is right by the (open) door.
Don't want to hear any more accusations of how the water froze because it's not warm enough in my stable "with only two horses". Not a word, I tell ya. Same as the catio is allegedly to blame for the mold in my bedroom. I've fixed nearly all of it now....and the bits I fixed first (around the window) is...moldy. Because the window isn't tight and lets cold air and moisture in. Same in the kitchen.
And since the heating has been practically off for nearly a week...is it any surprise there is mold??? I'm not about to open the window, or even crack it, when it's 5c in my bedroom all day. The only reason it gets to 9c (highest it's been in a week) is because the heating blanket is on full blast for the cats.
Living room also has a heating blanket on the sofa, and it's been running constant since Thursday. As in, I reset it every 9hrs or so, so it never goes off. It's the last thing I do in the evening and the first thing in the morning, and once more mid afternoon.
Anything to keep the girls warm. Just wish I could put heated blankets in the stables lol. Both boys are wearing thick rugs at night and during the day. (Two, in Oz's case!) I don't muck out horse poop in the morning, I muck out icecubes.
It's insane.
The little electric heater I have can barely cope with the temperatures. And that's running most of the day too.
I'd like to take a shower, but the water is only lukewarm! I feel so yucky, it's not even funny. I haven't washed my hair in a week, and I just about do little sponge baths in between. It's horrible.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I had a shower!!! A HOT one!
Kai fired up the wood burner because the oil burner is barely heating the water, let alone anything else.
Alas, he tells me there is only enough wood for tomorrow. (!!!!!!!)
But for once it was hot enough to actually get in the shower and have some proper heat in the radiators. I swear to God, it was the first time I've actually been warm in a week. I wanted to stay under there for an hour.
He's off to Austria tomorrow evening, so I have no idea what happens if the heating engineer can't fix the burner.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
More wood won't do me much good, since I've never been shown how the wood burner works, and I'm not allowed to use it.

Sheldon13

Staff member
I’m so happy for you that you got a shower! That feels amazing when you’ve felt that grungy.

I can’t WAIT for you to get out from under that place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
More wood won't do me much good, since I've never been shown how the wood burner works, and I'm not allowed to use it.
I swear I would Blinking Sue them they are treating you so badly ! It should not be allowed in this day and age
It’s cruel to be in this position
Xxx ❤️❤️❤️

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
A better "2 years old" pic :)
A week after, but hey.
View attachment 83599
Oh dear dear me get away from me you little green eyed monster ah ha ha :sick::D:ROFLMAO::D:ROFLMAO::wacky:
Be still my beating heart I don’t know the words to describe how wonderful beautiful stunning this little horsey is
Never have I seen one with the tail and mane so outstanding
My sister in law and brother have horses , I must show Vicky your little beauty
My sister in law does dressarge ( sorry I don’t seem able to spell that but I’m sure you get the jist of what I mean )
Vicky been riding since she was 6 and introduced my brother who love riding as much as Vicky and their two girls ...
you should be really really proud !!!!
Xxxxx❤️❤️❤️❤️

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Anita Eccleston It's the Rocky Mountain Horse signature color. Chocolate Silver Dapple.
There are other breeds with that color (Black Forest Horse) but they don't have the dapples. (Stormy's you can only really see in summer)
Basically he's like a dapple grey, but in chocolate brown. The dapples on Stormy are not pronounced, but they are there.

20160906_172718-1.jpg

That's what he looked like at 6 months old. He's getting darker all the time.

MountainGirl-1a.jpg

That's his mom, Mountain Girl.

Spartacus6a.jpg

And his Dad, Spartacus.

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi there my eldest daughter had two horses , kelly I’m not sure of the breed name but she was auburn / brown and quite long coat for a horse but she threw my daughter during a training session and she wouldn’t get back on her . She still cared for her
She had a dapple grey called fudge now she was stunning her coat gleamed when she had been brushed
Xxxx❤️❤️❤️

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So on the you probably having too much hay... I wouldn't give it to her. I'd find a therapeutic riding centre sbd see if they'll come up and get it :) at least then you can help out something outting good into the world.

Hopefully your heat stays on! That's absolutely ridiculous. Next you'll have to bring the horses inside for body heat! .... well that might get the heater fixed ...

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well, any leftover hay will go to my trimmer. That much I've already decided.
And the second my horses are on the way to France, I'm reporting her to animal welfare in Germany.
Her horses look terrible, and other than doubling their rations when I look after them, there's not much I can do until mine are off the farm -- I don't want to risk repercussions.
Of course, she's going to blame their age and the winter -- but I *know* how little feed they get. It's not the cold, or age. It's not enough food to feed a hamster.

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well, any leftover hay will go to my trimmer. That much I've already decided.
And the second my horses are on the way to France, I'm reporting her to animal welfare in Germany.
Her horses look terrible, and other than doubling their rations when I look after them, there's not much I can do until mine are off the farm -- I don't want to risk repercussions.
Of course, she's going to blame their age and the winter -- but I *know* how little feed they get. It's not the cold, or age. It's not enough food to feed a hamster.
This makes me feel so sad !!
Why keep them if they are not going to be feed correctly ? So you can only presume the rest of their health care is some what lacking
I just don’t understand how some people can be so cruel ! You will do well to report them I really hope they get rescued ❤️
They don’t sound like very nice people at all. To treat you as they have and the horses it’s just horrendous
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What gets me... it's only been the last 6 months or so that it got completely silly.
Better off out of it, for sure.

Back