Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

How big is your kitty?

myspecialboy

Lairian
I haven't seen many Sphynx cats besides my own and I was wondering how big they are on average? The last time I weighed my baby (a few months ago) he was 10.5lbs. I have a friend who has his cousin and she is almost the same age and she's 3-4lbs. He's not fat or anything, but muscular. Is my baby normal????

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Kreacher is just turning 7 months old, and he is 11 pounds. They are little porkers :)

myspecialboy

Lairian
Kreacher is just turning 7 months old, and he is 11 pounds. They are little porkers :)

HOLY CRAP!!! I guess I don't feel so weird, then! I need to weigh him again and see how he's grown. Chadwick is 17 months old now. I think when he was 7 months old, he was about 7lbs, so Kreacher may grow up to be the world's biggest Sphynx! Hahaha

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
All I know is he can put down more food than both my other cats combined. In addition to that, his energy level would beat out an entire kindergarten class....he even does flips. It's pretty funny to watch. And Sphynx's are SUPER smart!! OMG almost human like smart.

myspecialboy

Lairian
Oh, yeah! Chadwick can figure out a way to get into EVERYTHING! I have only seen one person wear out Chad and I've taken him to one of the hospitals I work at to visit all the kids. My 5 year-old Autistic niece has more energy than Chadwick can stand! When she comes over, he has this look on his face that's part excitement, curiosity, and complete horror!

Brooke

Banned
I haven't seen many Sphynx cats besides my own and I was wondering how big they are on average? The last time I weighed my baby (a few months ago) he was 10.5lbs. I have a friend who has his cousin and she is almost the same age and she's 3-4lbs. He's not fat or anything, but muscular. Is my baby normal????

Mine are all different weights. Sphynxes are medium-sized, muscular cats and at 10.5 pounds, your boy falls into that range. If you look down at him from above, he should have a slight hourglass figure, and you should be able to easily feel his ribs. Here's the weight on my kitties just to give you an idea. All 4 of mine are on the lean side except for Helen who's a little bit pudgy:

Walter - 9 lb
Helen - 7 lb
Mandy - 7.5 lb
Nelson - 10.5 lb

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My female sphynx Piglet is teeny-tiny, so I was surprised when my vet told me that she's 7.5 lbs! She sure is heavier than she looks! My Siamese female Sydney is longer and bigger than Piglet and she only weighs 6 lbs. I think the sphynx kitties are heavier because they are very muscular and well-built.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I spoke with the breeder yesterday and Sophie is 3 lbs and she is 14 weeks old. The breeder is keeping Sophie's sister who is a bit smaller than her but I don't know by how much.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Cleo is about 7.2 pounds and she is 1.2 years old.
CFA does not like big sphynx when you show.
I will have to weigh Wrinkles and see what she weighs.
She is only 13 weeks old though and was 2.1 pounds at 11 weeks.

playswithfire

Lairian
I spoke with the breeder yesterday and Sophie is 3 lbs and she is 14 weeks old. The breeder is keeping Sophie's sister who is a bit smaller than her but I don't know by how much.

Mine's about 14 weeks too and weighs 3.11, I was worried mine was underweight. I guess not.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Mine's about 14 weeks too and weighs 3.11, I was worried mine was underweight. I guess not.

Yeah! I asked the breeder since I didn't know how much she weighed and she said she is exactly what she should be at 3 lbs. So it sounds like yours is right on target too!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Mine are all different weights. Sphynxes are medium-sized, muscular cats and at 10.5 pounds, your boy falls into that range. If you look down at him from above, he should have a slight hourglass figure, and you should be able to easily feel his ribs. Here's the weight on my kitties just to give you an idea. All 4 of mine are on the lean side except for Helen who's a little bit pudgy:

Walter - 9 lb
Helen - 7 lb
Mandy - 7.5 lb
Nelson - 10.5 lb

How do we call poor Helen pudgy when she weighs the less?:Laugh:

Brooke

Banned
How do we call poor Helen pudgy when she weighs the less?:Laugh:

Poor Helen. First I said she was old, and now I'm calling her fat! :LOL:

...she's really petite, but the other three are lean and more muscular, and she's got that flabby gut that rests on her feet when she sits and a big, round belly. For her frame, she could probably stand to lose a little bit, but she's by no means overweight, just not an athlete like the other guys!

See? She's reaching up to push the camera away because she didn't want me to take a picture of her big belly!

Attachments

• picture.jpg
    picture.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 50

PitRottMommy

Banned
Cats gain most of their weight within the first 12 months.

I have two 10 pound boys, my female is about 5 pounds.

The largest sphynx I know of is a woman from Italy that has ordered sweaters from me. She has an 18 pounder. Now that's alot of furless wonderment!

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Kramer is about 8 months & 8 lbs Newmie is 4 months & 4.25 Lbs... I think Newman will be much bigger than Kramer though

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Meecho is 15 months old and is about 7 pounds although I swear my back say's she's at least 50 :LOL::Laugh:

Back