Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

how did you pick your kitten?

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Yoda- I loved the whole litter. I had never seen a sphynx before except in pics. Yoda jumped into my lap first thing, I instantly fell in love with her. Every time I would look at one of the kittens, Yoda would jump in my lap and try to push the other kitten away. I figured Yoda was meant to be mine. I loved her heart shaped cow spots.

Pinky- looking at the litter I noticed something odd about Pinky. She was very clumsy and seemed to walk funny. They told me she was getting over an ear infection. They had also discovered she had a small heart murmur. They were unsure what they were going to do with her. I didn't care I was instantly in love with her.

Chloe - my breeder emailed me and told me they had a kitten, that was meant for me. Told my husband I was just going to look. They told me how she was a little stinker and all the trouble she was causing. I knew she would be joining the family once I saw her. Of course I didn't say a word to my husband. I kept it a secret til the day she came home. He came home from work one day and there she was.

Aww, love your stories. :)

amyluvscatz

Lairian
1) Liam: I was searching to find a breeder for a very long time. While doing that, I discovered so many different colored sphynx cats/kittens and I was amazed by the sphynx that looked like a Siamese or Tonkinese. I then went searching for a breeder that had kittens that looked that way with blue or aqua eyes. I finally found a breeder and was very happy and immediately in love with Liam.

2) Grayson: Within the first two weeks of having Liam home with me, I knew I wanted a second sphynx. This time I wanted a blue point and I sent the same breeder a deposit for the next time she was going to breed. That's how I got my sweetie boy, Grayson. :)

I THOUGHT I WAS FINISHED WITH TWO UNTIL:

3) I found out by accident that Liam and Grayson's "father" was going to retire now that he was bred to Liam and Grayson's "mother". I felt like I HAD to get one last kitten from them as Liam and Grayson were so wonderful. So that's how I landed up with Simon. I had pick of the litter and there were two that looked like Grayson and I wanted a different color this time. I narrowed it down to two and I picked the one that had a white mark on his back that resembled a Nike Swoosh...that's Simon.

AGAIN, I THOUGHT I WAS COMPLETELY FINISHED UNTIL:

4) I found out by accident AGAIN, that Liam, Grayson and Simon's "mother" was going to be bred ONE last time before being spayed. I felt like this was my ONLY chance to get a female this time that would be a real sister to my three boys (well half-sister). There were actually two litters born the same time at my breeder's house and out of nine kittens, there was NO mistaken which one I wanted...and that's my Sissy.

BUT SISSY GOT VERY SICK WHILE AT THE BREEDER'S HOUSE AND IT BEGAN TO LOOK LIKE I HAD TO WALK AWAY, so I:

5) Found another breeder and looked at her web site and found the ONE and ONLY kitten left at the moment and it was a female and it was the exact coloring I was looking for...so that is Miss Violet.

P.S. After I got Miss Violet from the other breeder, Sissy finally got so much better and put on weight. My husband and I KNEW that we had to go and get her. I fell madly in love with her face the moment I saw her when she was about 10 days old.

So that's my story how I landed up with five and how I got to pick them.

THE END (no more sphynxes). LOL
LOL you sound like me! Just one more! Awesome. Your husband sounds awesome also. My sphynx was my husband's baby, they had such a special bond!

amyluvscatz

Lairian
My sphynx was a rescue kitty, the breeder's wife had a stroke and he had to suddenly spend a whole lot of time devoted to her care. Not having as much time to care for all the cats, he brought three of them into the animal emergency clinic where I used to work. Three technicians took the cats, but one soon decided it wasn't a good fit for her family and she immediately thought of me and called and offered him to me. My husband was leery about getting another cat, but the minute little mister happy pants strutted out of the carrier the bond with them began. There was never another discussion about him not staying! In fact, we just lost him last week to cancer at only 3 years old and we have quickly realized, we are both now sphynx addicts and can't believe how empty our home is now!!

Inflamed

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
When we got Lucifer we were just going to look at the litter, not actually pick one out because we had our hearts set on a black sphynx. But of course we couldn't resist the cute kittens and picked out the boy we liked best out of the two that were still available.
With Samael we still wanted a black boy but gave up after a while and decided we just wanted a sweet kitten as a companion for Lucifer. Went to look at a litter thinking they were all still available, but when we got there only one wasn't spoken for. Luckily he was the one I liked best from the pictures and what do you know, he was all over me and sat on my lap the entire visit. Needless to say, he came home with us a few weeks later! Samael is still my little snuggle bug :happy:

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@GoldHazel lol. What happens if their mothers sisters brother is going to be retired after having just ONE more litter?.......hello number 6! Haha, you crack me up lady! (just had to pick on you). :)

Oh my, my face is hurting from your comment! LOL LOL
Ok now, come here, Andrea, I'm gonna slap you silly. LOL LOL

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
LOL you sound like me! Just one more! Awesome. Your husband sounds awesome also. My sphynx was my husband's baby, they had such a special bond!

The ironic thing is that my husband NEVER wanted a sphynx to begin with. I let him know that it's for me and I waited 18 years to get my first sphynx. Within no time of having my first one Liam, I found my husband holding him like a baby AND KISSING him! We had furry cats our entire marriage and he cared for our cats, but NEVER kissed one before! LOL
These little guys are so terrific, how can anyone resist loving them? :)

MisoLina24

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@GoldHazel according to the breeder the previous owner said he "played too rough" with her other cat I'm assuming not sure but I honestly could never let him go for any reason

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I, searched the breeders websites and when, I, went to the breeder, that had Izmae
as soon as I, seen her, I, feel in love, I, was so drawn to her and she was beautiful.
I, knew I, wanted a girl, so, that, is what I, looked for.
There was just her and a boy in her litter and they was twins. The boy went to
Africa. I know she was born, just, for me.

Back