Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

How do you clean your cat tree?

VolkoSimone

Lairian
Hey everyone,
How do you clean the parts of your cat tree that don’t come off? I have a pillow in the top of their tree that I throw in the wash but the rest of the cat tree is brown from oil and non sphynx owners don’t really need to worry about this. It is supposed to be a white cat tree.

See photo for tree and obligatory cat photo :)
IMG_7874.jpeg

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I bought cat trees where the areas they lay in have built up sides (so they can’t roll off) I bought beds to insert in them I cover the removable mat on the inside of the beds with a small blanket so I can throw them in the wash regularly. I use baby wipes on the other surfaces of the tree
389a8140131ffb56829f2503ae977b81.jpg

and sides of the bed inserts. This should give you an idea of what I mean.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@VolkoSimone , awh such an adorable photo!

I vaccuum the cat trees, I use a teenie couple of drops of dawn dish soap in a little bowl of water, dip face cloths and wring till not dripping and gently wipe. then dab/rub dry with facecloths. I buy the 18 pack of face clothes at walmart for about $5 for pet use only so I dont have to use mine!

I do the same with a few sprays of Krud Kutter. in the red bottle. I like it is non toxic.

I use it for years too for any occasional spots on carpet from my cats/pups. I also spray the washable cushions/blankets from the cat trees that may have some sphynx oil stains on and toss in wash.

** many cat trees have particle board so I want to make sure I do not soak it wet when cleaning them. they have their original tan carpeted cat trees. I bought a couple of dark grey colored cat trees that have more of a fabric feel than carpet covering. I put in small cat beds/blankets in the perches and cubby box.

I got the kitty mansion redwood cat tree on sale for about $85 .*** I do not use the decorative vines it comes with *risk of chewing it.
I see the brand name of sold in US and Canada. some sites have a very similar looking one.

they love the bolstered perches, I love the dark color grey and the dark colored sissal and small foot print 24 inches by 72 inches high. they have held up great over the past 7 years with 4.
1701186060435.png

hugs n head smooches.

Attachments

• krud kutter.jpeg
    krud kutter.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

VolkoSimone

Lairian
I bought cat trees where the areas they lay in have built up sides (so they can’t roll off) I bought beds to insert in them I cover the removable mat on the inside of the beds with a small blanket so I can throw them in the wash regularly. I use baby wipes on the other surfaces of the tree
389a8140131ffb56829f2503ae977b81.jpg

and sides of the bed inserts. This should give you an idea of what I mean.
Great idea! Thank you

VolkoSimone

Lairian
@VolkoSimone , awh such an adorable photo!

I vaccuum the cat trees, I use a teenie couple of drops of dawn dish soap in a little bowl of water, dip face cloths and wring till not dripping and gently wipe. then dab/rub dry with facecloths. I buy the 18 pack of face clothes at walmart for about $5 for pet use only so I dont have to use mine!

I do the same with a few sprays of Krud Kutter. in the red bottle. I like it is non toxic.

I use it for years too for any occasional spots on carpet from my cats/pups. I also spray the washable cushions/blankets from the cat trees that may have some sphynx oil stains on and toss in wash.

** many cat trees have particle board so I want to make sure I do not soak it wet when cleaning them. they have their original tan carpeted cat trees. I bought a couple of dark grey colored cat trees that have more of a fabric feel than carpet covering. I put in small cat beds/blankets in the perches and cubby box.

I got the kitty mansion redwood cat tree on sale for about $85 .*** I do not use the decorative vines it comes with *risk of chewing it.
I see the brand name of sold in US and Canada. some sites have a very similar looking one.

they love the bolstered perches, I love the dark color grey and the dark colored sissal and small foot print 24 inches by 72 inches high. they have held up great over the past 7 years with 4.
View attachment 113042

hugs n head smooches.
I like that cat tree, I feel like they would love it.

Will try to scrub by hand

Back