Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

How do you get eye goop off things?

oldtimetouches

Lairian
Hey guys, quick question, how do you get the eye goop off the walls, carpet, etc. after it has dried? Drives me nuts! Not an easy thing to remove. I wipe there eyes, and still get a lot. Thanks for any advice. Barbara

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
This thread made me giggle. Boy the life of being owned by a Sphynx lol. But your question is valid and part of our lives is dealing with boogers when you have this breed. I use a an old membership card (like a credit card) on our hardwood floors/tile to scrape them up when dry. Works great and doesn’t scratch. On the walls I use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponges.

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Yes, magic erasers are the way to go and I use a pan scraper for any stuck on stuff. I order magic eraser by the 100 on amazon for 35 dollars or so. We use a lot at work and at home too.

oldtimetouches

Lairian
This thread made me giggle. Boy the life of being owned by a Sphynx lol. But your question is valid and part of our lives is dealing with boogers when you have this breed. I use a an old membership card (like a credit card) on our hardwood floors/tile to scrape them up when dry. Works great and doesn’t scratch. On the walls I use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponges.
Thanks for the reply! I have used magic eraser on my walls, but my paint comes off with it! LOL. Maybe I rub too hard. Love the credit card idea.

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Yup the magic eraser works but it takes paint off, not to mention some of the drywall.

I moved 3 months ago and had the place painted and I kept some extra paint to touch up when this happens, but if anybody else has a better idea I'd love to hear it.

Food for thought for anybody that's painting their home, I had to really twist the painter's arm because he wanted to use matte paint since it's better at hiding imperfections (like where the wall has had nail holes patched). But paint with a sheen is easier to clean. We settled on "eggshell" which has a faint sheen. Just something to keep in mind whenever you have to paint.

Back