Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

How do you live?

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thought it would be interesting to know a bit about how you guys live.

I'll start with myself.

I live in the south part of Stockholm in an apartment that's about 650sqft. One floor off ground. One bedroom, kitchen and livingroom.
Single since soon a year so live alone and like it that way now.

In 10 days I move to a similar apartment a few kilometers away so still in Stockholm.

Here are a couple of pics of my immediate surroundings. I would love to see that from you guys too. :)

First one is front of my building. An enclosed area where no cars can go in. Playground etc is there.
Second pic is the back of my house with bicycle/walking paths leading between the houses and up to a forest.

I'll shoot some pics of my home and it surroundings after I've moved as well, no point here now since it's just full of boxes and disassembeled furniture now. ;)

Attachments

• 201012062354.jpg
    201012062354.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 201012062355.jpg
    201012062355.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 44

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We live about 20 miles from Chicago proper in the suburbs. There is my Husband and I and 2 nekked and 2 furry cats. We live in about 1200 sq feet with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. We like to collect stuff like Kidrobot vinyl toys and living dead dolls among many other things. We are looking to move to a bigger place in the next couple years so I can maybe get a dog and a bird and a fancy chicken and maybe a fancy rabbit and I would like a goat too (okay thats just wishful thinking :Wink:

emmysmom10

Lairian
My husband and I live in Michigan about an hour north east of Detroit with our bald baby Emmy and soon to be another kitty:ThumbsUp: We have a 1600 sq. ft. split level with a fully finished basement (another 700 sq. ft. for the crazy kitty to run around in) Our garage is full of toys to keep us busy! I am an unemployed chef and pastry chef:Smile:

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thanks for replies.

If you have your cam/phone ready some time show us a pic or two of your area.
It would be nice to see. :)

misobaby

Lairian
My husband and I live just outside of Indianapolis with 3 Siamese, a bulldog and Keemo. We live in a 2500 square foot house that was built in 1947- with the original baseboard heating...so Keemo spends most of the winter hidden under various blankets.

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow, Stockholm looks so beautiful & peaceful! Luckily, no snow here yet--it's overdue!! I live in east central Wisconsin. The house is almost 100 yrs old so, like others, the kittens spend a lot of time under the blankets in the winter. It's about 1200 sq ft--nothing fancy but it's half-mine lol The second photo is my back yard several days after our big flood this last summer. Ugh!
I love this area as it's very safe, near everything and the people still know their neighbors:ThumbsUp:

Some of you might know that I've been trying to find my own little cabin in the woods for a while. I haven't found one to purchase yet but I'm renting one in the neighborhood I love in the meantime! If you look close, you might recognize the little Princess Bayleigh on the futon:ThumbsUp: Hopefully next year I'll be able to purchase this cabin from the owner and someday retire there!! That is my dream:Adore:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
emmysmom- we're practically neighbors!!
Kiennasmom- LOVE the log cabin!

This is where we call home! It's 1100sq ft home in the suburbs of Detroit. We're a little cramped, but it works for us :) My fiancee and I bought our house and renovated it. We live in an old neighborhood- no sidewalks, no street lights, wooded area. It's such a beautiful neighborhood. We are pretty close to Detroit, which is a downfall, but truly don't get very much crime in our neighborhood!:ThumbsUp: There are a TON of wild animals because of all the woods around us! Just the other day a neighbor told us they enjoy seeing the deer grazing in our front yard every morning :) (we feet the squirrels and birds for the kitties- and me too hehe- so theres always corn in the yard for the wild animals)

Bella07

Banned
Great Idea! I'm on my iPhone now so can't post pictures as of the moment. But, I live in the city, yes the inner part of city living. Shops, restaurants, bars, a movie theater, all just a block from my home. No yard, just a small patch of cement. I'm not sure of the exact sq. footage, but perhaps around 2500, including our basement (which I'd love to refinish one day!) Live in a 100 year home, that needs a ton of work. Just renovated our kitchen this summer, and you can probably find pictures of it in one of my old threads! Our home isn't fancy, but it's full of love. (Well, I do love the new kitchen of course!)

Last edited:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I live about 2 hours east of San Francisco.
We live in a small 1000 foot house in Modesto,Ca
I live with my husband and 7 cats.
1 Bombay,3 Sphynx and 3 cats that have Russian Blue in them.
I lost my Coco in Sept at age 18.6.
I am desperate to find a job right now.
Nothing is going right for us right now and all we have is bad luck.
Pics of my front and back yard.
DSC00548.jpg

DSC00551.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=284095687497&set=a.59157802497.86061.553672497

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Me, My husband, 2 kids, 2 dogs, 2 sphynx, 1 blue crawdad and several fish live in sunny California. I was lucky enough to buy the house I grew up in from my parents. We remodeled it last year so it is 1700sqft, 5 bedrooms, 2 baths, cat area, dog area. Outside we put in a pool, tiki bar and trampoline. My husband works as a miner and I stay at home. I used to work as a pharmaceutical technician but decided to retire and be a mom. We are very fortunate to have our dream family and house. I will try to post pics soon:BigSmile:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I live in Mansfield, Ohio. There isn't any crime in my particular neighborhood but there is a lot of crime in this city. We recently moved to a much smaller house about 700 sq feet excluding the unfinished basement. 2 tiny bedrooms, 1 bath, 2 sphynx cats. I really couldn't tell you how old this house is as we are renting and the landlord hasn't taken care of it so its hard to tell if its just unkept or old. This house is much nicer now that we are in it tho. We have done a lot of work here just to feel comfortable here.
We are cramped, Jimmy works as a laborer in another city about 45 minutes away, we are on one car because my van blew back last year right about the same time I got laid off. Ive been searching for work high and low for a year now, my unemployment runs out Jan 6th unless hopefully the government decides on an extension that will apply to me tomorrow. Just surviving right now and trying to get through the rough times!
We have no intentions of being in this house any longer than we have to and haven't even signed a lease. lol
We don't have much of a front yard but we do have a rather nice backyard that has a creek that runs right off the back of it. I don't have any photos as of right now, I'll have to charge my camera and get some.

Everyone's homes are beautiful. I hope to be back in a nice home again soon.

holly_savage

Banned
Hi all...well we live in Hanover, Ontario, Canada, a small town of 75oo people. It is the main hub of the rural community that surrounds it though..hey we have a WalMart!
I moved in the area to be with Greg 3 years agao. We live in a nice house, 1100 sq ft, 2+1 bedroom and a basement, that has yet to be òfficially`finished, but with the help of some area rugs and our spare TV and gaming system, has become the WII room.
In September of 2009 we chose Hibou, and then had to wait till December to get her...so long a wait! But along she came (almost exactly 1 year ago). And then we were hooked. This past June, along came Kokka.
I work as a School Route Administrator (fance schmancy way of saying school bus dispatcher) and Greg manages his family`s poultry. turkey and swine farms. It is just the 2 of us, the 2 cats and our 2 aquariums of fish. We don`t have kids and don`t want any. When we want a dose of kids, we visit with his sister`s brood of 3, 5 and under...
We enjoy travelling, camping, going to concerts and shows all over the place. We once drove to Newark with friends to go to a concert, John Prine! That was my choice, Greg is more of a Heavy Metal fan, but since I go to his, we made the deal that he has to come to the ones I want too! It was a 9 hour trip, but worth every minute of it to see John Prine!
Here are a few pictures of our little place now, and in a couple of years, we will be moving to the country...I want Dwarf goats and Greg wants Tennessee Fainting goats.

Winter in Hanover...(the 1st 2 were taken last winter I think, but we have received almost 2 feet of snow in the past 3 days...so it is representative)

3rd one is from our yearly camping trip, and the last 2 are from our back yard and then front yard on a nice warm day with a wicked storm!

Attachments

• IMG_4050.jpg
    IMG_4050.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4051.jpg
    IMG_4051.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 087.jpg
    087.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0422.jpg
    IMG_0422.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0433.jpg
    IMG_0433.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 24

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Here are a few pictures of our little place now, and in a couple of years, we will be moving to the country...I want Dwarf goats and Greg wants Tennessee Fainting goats.

Winter in Hanover...(the 1st 2 were taken last winter I think, but we have received almost 2 feet of snow in the past 3 days...so it is representative)

3rd one is from our yearly camping trip, and the last 2 are from our back yard and then front yard on a nice warm day with a wicked storm!

We owned fainting goats!! We bought them in Ohio a few years ago and kept them up on John's parents' farm. they were pretty cool but i think she kinda got the shaft on the deal. they didnt faint AS MUCH as you see on you tube :LOL: Their names were Sanford and Archy haha. (one was all black the other was mostly white - John is a fan of both shows lol) sadly, they were taken too quickly from a terrible case of worms on the farm :( sadly the lost quite a few animals during that time :Cry:

firehillqueen

Banned

I live in Alvarado Texas, a small town in the heart of Texas. We have nearly 8 acres of land half wooded with Live Oak, Huge old Oak trees, Native Pecan and several other native trees. Our house was built in the mid-1970's and is what is called a ranch style house. In other words.. nothing fancy. I am not sure of the footage, something between 1,200 and 1,500 sq. ft I think. Three bedroom with only the master bedroom being used for my husband and me. One room belongs to the cats, one is my art room/costume closet. We share this space with 4 female Chihuahuas and 4 Sphynx cats. Outside there are 7 horses and 1 pony. I will have to find pictures or take some new ones of the house.

SylvrTitoijava

Lairian
Hey there
My beautiful fiance, Lara, and I live in a 580 sq ft apartment just north of Austin, Tx proper. We share it with two fish, a bird, and (untill tomorrow) two furry cats and Magi, my smoothie. (One of my furry cats is leaving us tomorrow to be a only child in a better home.):Cry:
It's one bedroom, kitchen and living room (which we converted into an office) We're on the ground floor because of my disablites.
The apartment may be small but the fenced in porch is about the size of our living room/office and faces a GIANT oak tree.
We are within walking distants to all kinds of stores and just about everything we need is close, which is weird for Texas! :LOL:
We live right in the weird area between city and suburb, with this weird wedge of wilderness right nearby us. It's not the nice side of town but it's hardly the bad side of town.
It never really gets cold enough for Magi to have to hide under the blanket and there certainly isn't snow yet!

I'll post some pics later.

Gizzymom

Banned
Hey there
My beautiful fiance, Lara, and I live in a 580 sq ft apartment just north of Austin, Tx proper. We share it with two fish, a bird, and (untill tomorrow) two furry cats and Magi, my smoothie. (One of my furry cats is leaving us tomorrow to be a only child in a better home.):Cry:
It's one bedroom, kitchen and living room (which we converted into an office) We're on the ground floor because of my disablites.
The apartment may be small but the fenced in porch is about the size of our living room/office and faces a GIANT oak tree.
We are within walking distants to all kinds of stores and just about everything we need is close, which is weird for Texas! :LOL:
We live right in the weird area between city and suburb, with this weird wedge of wilderness right nearby us. It's not the nice side of town but it's hardly the bad side of town.
It never really gets cold enough for Magi to have to hide under the blanket and there certainly isn't snow yet!

I'll post some pics later.

Sorry to hear that you have to rehome Sulu Parrot. That must have been a hard decision, but you are doing the right thing. Now Magi will be safe and Sulu will be happier in a one kitty household. You are a good parent to them both!:ThumbsUp:

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Wow, this took off. :)

I love the pictures and there are more to come from some of you.
It is very interesting to see how you guys live and what you see around your house every day.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Well I just noticed I don't really have any pictures of our house just ones of people and pets, I will get some.
Admin and I live with our 2 kids, 2 sphynx, 1 dog (now), turtle, 2 fish inside and a small pond we made outside with fish and every so often a frog or snake.
We have a older house I am not good at square feet, 4 bedrooms one is used for the kitty's and 1 and 1/2 baths. We love our back yard, we live close to town but have farms and stuff near by also.
We have a great fire pit and a above ground pool that we love.
I found some pics the first is Leo by the pond, second of our so called formal living room (we went with a 50's diner theme) and the third is our street during one of our yearly block parties.

Attachments

• CIMG0071.jpg
    CIMG0071.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 21
  • CIMG0853.jpg
    CIMG0853.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 26
  • CIMG0595.jpg
    CIMG0595.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 23

TotenEngel

Banned
Well I just noticed I don't really have any pictures of our house just ones of people and pets, I will get some.
Admin and I live with our 2 kids, 2 sphynx, 1 dog (now), turtle, 2 fish inside and a small pond we made outside with fish and every so often a frog or snake.
We have a older house I am not good at square feet, 4 bedrooms one is used for the kitty's and 1 and 1/2 baths. We love our back yard, we live close to town but have farms and stuff near by also.
We have a great fire pit and a above ground pool that we love.
I found some pics the first is Leo by the pond, second of our so called formal living room (we went with a 50's diner theme) and the third is our street during one of our yearly block parties.

OMG!! I love your diner! :BigSmile:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Here are some more pics I found.

forgive leo and the leg lamp again,

They are mostly from when admins sister was here with the kids, so the little ones are not mine. :Dizzy:
The one with the crosswalk sign is my sister inlaw she lives in the woods and has never seen one:LOL: and our daughters school in the back ground.

Attachments

• CIMG0263.jpg
    CIMG0263.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 17
  • CIMG1438.jpg
    CIMG1438.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 18
  • CIMG1444.jpg
    CIMG1444.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 18
  • CIMG1463.jpg
    CIMG1463.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 21
  • CIMG1610.jpg
    CIMG1610.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 23
  • CIMG1619.jpg
    CIMG1619.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 21
  • CIMG2406.jpg
    CIMG2406.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3398.jpg
    IMG_3398.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4537.JPG
    IMG_4537.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 17

Gizzymom

Banned
OK... So Giz and I live in the south suburbs of Chicago in a 2 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath townhome. It is brick / siding, two stories, with a loft and living room with 15 feet+ ceilings. It is approximately 1200-1300 sq. ft with TONS of closet space and an attached 1 car garage... I LOVE it!!!! When I bought it in 2005, I think my parents FINALLY realized that I can take care of myself (You see, up until that point, they were still hoping I would find a man to "take care of me" - they couldn't get the idea that I am very open to having a great man in my life - just no interest in marriage or children). My sub-division is very quiet - the perfect area for a crazy cat lady to take her hairless cat for walks in a stroller!

I will post actual pics later... including Gizzy's room. But in the meantime, here is my neighbor's house that is for sale... Since we are townhomes, mine looks the same, except I have rose bushes in the front with bright pink roses in the summer...it was the only pic I could get my hands on here at work.:Wink:

7638485.jpg

wundrlust

Lairian
We live about 35 mi southwest of Chicago. I'm orginally from Long Island, NY and grew up in the Northern Suburbs of Chicago...Glenview, Evanston and Skokie. The house is in a subdivision about 2000 sqft. We back up to a small lake so the Nude Boys love to watch the water fowl fishing for food. Along the side of my house we have numerous bird feeders so the Nudies are up close and personal with all the birds that feed here. Not quite sure where we will end up when Bob retires from the FAA.

I would put pictures here but have no idea how to do that!!!

Gizzymom

Banned
We live about 35 mi southwest of Chicago. I'm orginally from Long Island, NY and grew up in the Northern Suburbs of Chicago...Glenview, Evanston and Skokie. The house is in a subdivision about 2000 sqft. We back up to a small lake so the Nude Boys love to watch the water fowl fishing for food. Along the side of my house we have numerous bird feeders so the Nudies are up close and personal with all the birds that feed here. Not quite sure where we will end up when Bob retires from the FAA.

I would put pictures here but have no idea how to do that!!!

Terri,
Just click on the little paperclip at the top of the message box and you can add a photo attachment from your computer...:ThumbsUp:

Back