Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

How does your kitty display their love to you?

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Everytime i'm sitting on the laptop Bronxe crawl into my arms and wants to be held like a baby. (he's a little spoiled) He'll often sit with his butt on my chest and his arms hanging over my shoulder. he'll put his nose IN my ear and just rest it there while doing a mini purr sound. It's so sweet and loveable. I think it's his way to say "momma, i love you". Bea doesn't kiss very much but her way of saying "i love you" is giving "nubbies".. not really sure how we came up with the word "nubbies" haha... but it's what we call it when the kitties come up and start rubbing their head all over our cheeks, necks, Fiance's beard, etc.

How does your kitty say "i love you" ?

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Snuffie is very similar. She follows me everywhere. If I leave the room she is right behind me. She is my shadow, she sits with me when I sit to watch tv and purrs so loud I have to turn up the tv. She rubs her face on mine, rubs her wet nose all over me, she likes to lick me alot and try to give me a bath. She does the face rubbing nubbies to Jimmy when he needs a shave, she sits on my chest with a foot on each side of my neck as if she was giving me a hug. She jumps on my shoulder if I don't happen to pick her up while I'm walking around or doing dishes or sewing. lol The list goes on...she is so lovey and attached to me. I love it!!

wright878

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Abby is the same, she follows me everywhere. She loves to bath me and cuddle under the blankets. She doesn't like to be picked up, but prefers to jump on me. If I am trying to read a book, she has to get between me and the book, kind of like PAY ATTENTION TO ME!! A few minutes ago I was trying to play a game and she kept blocking my view.

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Everytime i'm sitting on the laptop Bronxe crawl into my arms and wants to be held like a baby. (he's a little spoiled) He'll often sit with his butt on my chest and his arms hanging over my shoulder. he'll put his nose IN my ear and just rest it there while doing a mini purr sound. It's so sweet and loveable. I think it's his way to say "momma, i love you". Bea doesn't kiss very much but her way of saying "i love you" is giving "nubbies".. not really sure how we came up with the word "nubbies" haha... but it's what we call it when the kitties come up and start rubbing their head all over our cheeks, necks, Fiance's beard, etc.

How does your kitty say "i love you" ?

I think your kitty putting his nose in your ear and resting it there is hilarious!!! Very cute!

Nofuratu gives lovely "cat kisses" no licking, he just pushes his nose against my lips and holds it there for a few seconds while i kiss him. He also loves to rest his head in my hand, no matter what I am trying to do at the time...

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nofuratu- thanks! it's possibly one of my fave things in the ENTIRE world. there's no love, like Sphynx kitty love. I've had cats my whole life... and idk.. these breed is just so different.
And dont you just love how much they love kisses!!??!! Do you ever wake up and have their face on your cheek?? :) oh, how i'm so in love with my babies! :)
Nofuratu is a very beautiful kitty!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yes Leonidas does the famous Sphynx cheek rubbing! Athena, if your lucky will let you give her a quick kiss or back rub and then off she goes!:Dizzy:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Pedda is a licker. Lick lick lick any part of me she can reach. There's nothing like being asleep and having a wet rough tongue start licking your lips - works better than an alarm clock!

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Kreacher is such a lovable kitty, so much so that we actually call him a Giggalo (I think I spelt that right?) He will come up on your lap and give what klreese calls "Nubbies" I call them head butts, and he gets so into it that lots of times it's like he turns into a Ram. It can be quite painful if he rams you nose or something. He also gives Kitty kisses, he'll put his mouth on yours, and even does a little push like when you give someone a quick kiss. He even says "mama" if he wants my attention, or if i walk into a room he's in. And he only says it to me which makes me feel all bubbly inside :) He gives excellent back massages. I sleep on my stomach, no naturally he sleeps on top of my back. Before he goes to bed he has to "pretend nurse" for lack of a better word, for like an hour before he finally passes out. He puts his mouth on my back and kneads with his paws. And he will do any of this to anyone that is willing to give him attention.

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
When I walk through the door from work Mugs is usually there yowling for attention, then he runs to his scratch post, leans back and waits for kitty kisses! When i go o bed he sits on my chest with his paws either side of my neck and his nose pressed against my lips and purrs...I LOVE IT!! I feel really dejected if he decides to sleep somewhere else sometimes!!

X

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awe! i love all the stories!! looks like another trait to our naked babies is laying thier nose on our lips! I thought it was something special with Bronxe LOL but oh, so i love it so much :)

I was sick last night (allergies) and my bronxe snuggled with me ALL night because he knew momma wasn't feeling good. (he usually always sleeps with me. but he's just a little different when he knows i don't feel well)

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hollywood coos like a pigeon LOUDLY and rubs all over you interspersed with soft love bites. Birdie gives love bites to your nose very gently and purrs and rubs. She also does something off topic..she sucks the end of her tail! LOL Maizie is my kisser and jumps on my shoulders. When she sleeps she cuddles her head right into you. I can't imagine life without them!

wundrlust

Lairian
Chip n Dale love to ride on my back and shoulders whith their motors running! They also enjoy being in the way of anything I am trying to do. They will jump into bed and sleep against me or cuddle in their heated beds. In the morning when they wake up they play tag on my face by taking turns walking across my eyeballs and licking my cheek...ouch! They keep this up until I get up. Silly boys! They also will give kisses when you ask them by putting their little noses against my lips. I just adore them!!!!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
We nicknamed Gollum "nurse kitty" because he always kept vigil by my side whenever I was sick or under the weather. It was a role he would later take on when we had kids and they were sick.

Tanker was a head rubber and drooler.

And Zulie had a thing for licking and nibbling on toes!

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
5e jumps up to my shoulder when I get home from work and rides around purring so loud in my ear I sometimes have to ask my wife to repeat herself :Smile:

he only seems to do that when I first get home, so he either misses me, or likes that he can really dig his claws in on my motorcycle jacket...

Lisa Dobby

Lairian
Dobby is an equal oppertunity kitty. He will rub his face on anyone that will tolerate it! Including all visitors. Especially those that do not like cats. He seems to go out of his way for those people. He sleeps with everyone in the house making his silent rounds throughout the night. I call him a dirty cheater... When he is giving his affection away I always tell him he is a dirty cheater... We all laugh at him. He gets really affectionate when the dogs are on your lap. They all compete for the spot closest to your face. Sometimes they even fight over the best spot on your chest. I think I have the weirdest animals ever! Lisa :)

The-Gex-Files

Lairian
Furby LOVES to sleep on me. Around my neck with his nose in my ear. Purring all the time... Very annoying when i want to sleep but can't cause of the noise. But when he isn't sleeping like that i feel disappointed... Luckily this doesn't happen often because it's like he is glued to me at night. My boyfriend even feels he comes second sometimes... I can't sleep when he has got his arm around me of even a hand on my side. But i CAN sleep perfectly with a cat around my neck...
Furby also loves to kiss and rub his nose onto my face. He is the cutest.
Even though i've been having some kind of cold ever since we have him...People say i am starting to get allergic... But i can't sleep without him.....

Back