Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

How does your Sphynx greet you when you come home?

How does your Sphynx greet you when you come home?

• They meet you at the door

Votes: 68 70.1%
  • They rub on your legs

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • You have to call them

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Meowing

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • They don’t greet you, they wait for you to go to them

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Other...please share

Votes: 4 4.1%

• Total voters

Toa and Ross

Staff member
All three are standing by the door waving with their tails. In winter they're standing there to greet me and get cuddles. In summer...well then they run off into the garden and don't greet me at all:)

Duglynukem

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
When one of us leaves, Cleo is at the door upon returning. When we are both gone we put her in the bedroom and close the door. She always curls up in her blankey and goes to sleep waiting for us to return. She has access to water and the litter box but is not free to roam the house. Cleo has a tendency to find things to get in to when left alone and it seldom has a good ending.

brownjeweli

Lairian
Harry is right there when I open the door and the tone in his meow is like "welcome!" almost singing! He makes my house a true home!

Attachments

• 20180404_185514.jpg
    20180404_185514.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 68

Yoda mom

Staff member
they sleep together on their blankies and come chirping running all at omce and jump on the smart cat climber for lovin

Cinderstar95

Lairian
It depends on how long i've been gone. Usually one of them is at the door when I come in, they recognize the sound of my car locking. Typically i'm gone a good portion of the day, so they come barreling out of my room absolutely screaming their little heads off, which doesn't stop until I pet them into oblivion. doesn't matter if my brother or our roommate is home, screaming is what i'm greeted with often XD. So much so, that if i walk into the apartment and I dont see a cat, I get worried. If they are quiet i get really really worried.
Sometimes Shazam sits on the arm of the couch and stares at the door like a parent after curfew. but there is always trilling and meowing, and head bumps and all around joyous greeting. Whether i just went to get the mail or I was gone for 12 hours, they are just overjoyed that I came back.

Sheldon13

Staff member
@Maddie our story is similar here.

Less than two hours she’s still in bed, though sometimes I get a loud meow or two of beckoning.

2-9 hours and it’s greeting at the door, growling meows and follow her to the carpet in the bedroom so she can run around on it while I pet her and tell her how much I missed her.

More than 9 hours and she greets me still....but then gives me the cold shoulder all evening until it’s time for bed. Then we have make up cuddles.

Humph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi , Cleo isn’t very vocal she loves to head smooch with you
Now Mr Bagins is very vocal he makes the most lovely noises
When it’s food time Cleo head taps me I think mr Bagins lets Cleo put the food order in ah ha
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Livvy generally waits at the door and insists to scrubble my hair and gum me.
Pixie will come running, tail wagging and mau-mauing loudly the moment I get in.
Jez generally sits on the inside mat and waits for me to acknowledge her.

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awww I love coming home n my baby is right at the door tail wagging and meowing which I swear sounds like hello, hello but my husband said am crazy..! Xx

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Frida says “hi, where is my dinner? I would like it now please. Yes of course I’m glad to see you, but really it IS dinner time. If you might just follow me to the kitchen...”

FYI it Doesn’t matter how Long I’ve been gone or how recently she has eaten. She has to try just in case it works.

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Aw I love all these warm welcomes! :cat: I can't wait until my little dude is here to welcome me home.

Right now, Hubby is the fav for both my boys (doggies). I used to be, but I got bumped down once I had our daughter lol. Don't get me wrong, they love their Mama for cuddles and comfort, but Daddy is KING, especially to Boogie, the pit-boxer. I come home after a long day, and barely get sleepy whale-eye from Boog. He can't be bothered. Mom's not that cool. Then, Daddy leaves for 2 seconds to get the mail, and receives a whole welcome home party complete with boxer roo-roos, kisses, bucking, full body wiggles AND hugs when he walks back in. THE KING HAS RETURNED! ALL HAIL THE KING! :meh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I told him... the cat is mine! Back off! :LOL: That's why I didn't want a female, because typically the girl cats and dogs favor the man of the house. From what I've read about sphynx though, I think kitty will be a traitor too... Playing both sides. Oh well.;)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Nightcalamity , my Yoda chirps just like your Noko to be tucked in and cuddled ! He wants me to cover him like a sphynx burrito! And only with his favorite gold colored blankie - does Noko have a fav blankie?

The usual greeting here is for them to pounce on the smartcat climber And wait for kibble treats

Nightcalamity

Lairian
@Nightcalamity , my Yoda chirps just like your Noko to be tucked in and cuddled ! He wants me to cover him like a sphynx burrito! And only with his favorite gold colored blankie - does Noko have a fav blankie?

The usual greeting here is for them to pounce on the smartcat climber And wait for kibble treats
Noko has this teal colored fleece blanket he loves. Then again just about any fleece blanket that enters my house becomes his!

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So far I've had to go looking for Uber when I come home from work or errands. And he's usually covered up sleeping somewhere. I had visions of him waiting for me, eagerly on the cat tree by the front window but I'm usually doing my stuff in the afternoon and that is his siesta time!

Back