Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

How "hairy" is your sphynx?

How "hairy" is your sphynx?

• No hair, BALD as a newborn baby!

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • My sphynx is a hairy MESS!

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Just a few patches here and there.

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • Other - please tell.

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters

Sphynx Asylum Dad

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We have varying degrees of hairy in the asylum.

Hatshepsut (Hattie) has a lot of fur on her tail, tufts of 1/2" long fur on her haunches, 1/8-1/4" long fur on her feet, her face is basically like a standard domestic short hair cat, and the rest of her body varies from barely downy to slight fuzz.

Sobekneferu (Sobe) has almost peach fuzz over most of her body with slightly longer fuzz on her feet and tail, then very short fur on her nose and ears. She and Hattie are sisters from the same litter, but have drastically different fur!

Raskol is our Canadian baby and is sticky bald except for a hint of down on his nose, ears and tail.

They are all amazing, love to cuddle, seek warmth, and attention. Wouldn't trade any of 'em for anything!!!

@KansasSphynxMom

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Nearly hairless. Just a little bit above his nose and the back of his tail near his bum as well as his hips seem to have a few very short hairs.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Cleopatra is proudly fuzzy, especially in the winter. She has a fur cape over her back and sides, fuzzy feet, face, ears and legs, and a "bumfro" at the base of her tail. Marcus is mostly naked except for his nose and some short fuzz on his ears.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Peach fuzz (1mm) all over, with hair on ears and between her nose. There is also now 1 tiny tuft (3-4 hairs) on her back.
So the peach fuzz isn't a "normal" sphynx skin then? (Since I see "not really bald, he has peach fuzz" etc)
Pixie is the only sphynx I know, so I don't know if they are normally rubbery lol.

MCLetter

Lairian
I'm a little late to this party - My girl Cleo is so furry on her paws/ankles, face, and tail that if you only saw those parts of her, you'd think she was a fur-cat. The fur is wavy like a Devon Rex! Her legs and head are smooth, but her body is peach fuzzy. She definitely got fuzzier for the fall/winter season, but always has her full fur boots! Here she is:

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Alastair the baby is very furry. His tail looks like a regular short hair domestic red and white tabby's tail. But his face, head and back has very short red fuzz. His belly is completely bald. In the winter, his sides in the back gets a longer fuzz. HIs legs ... nothing to talk about, his feet a tiny bit more.

Miss Violet: just basically on her ear tips. She's the baldest of them all.

Simon, Grayson and Liam aren't hairy. Just some on their faces. You know there is hair along their backs, but you can't grab it. Some winters, Grayson will grow a longer fuzz on his sides along his lower back.

HufflepuffQq

Lairian
My Luna girl has a very fine fuzz all over, her nose and around her mouth have as much fur as a regular cat, her tail is odd it's very rough, the fur is short but stiff almost prickly like beard stubble. Her feet have soft white fur. her ears have hilarious little tufts at the end and my personal favorite are the two tiny tufts of fur on either side of her tushy so when she needs to poop her bum looks like a caterpillar lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 76

Lucifers Mom

Lairian
Lilith and Lucifer both have fuzzy tails, Lilith's more so (white with blue/grey stripes) and now that it's cold, Lilith has what we term as her Uggs. Silky soft white fur to her elbows on all four legs. It will be all gone come spring, along with most of the fur on her tail. And both of them have fuzzy white noses.

4Beans

Lairian
Jasper is fully bald other then a few hairs above his nose and in his ears (like a little old man!!). His tail feels like felt, much rougher then his soft body!

His dad was a full hairless and his mom a velvety coat.

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Uber is basically bald. He has peach fuzz skin all over and the bridge of his nose is velveteen but that is the extent of it!

Back