Welcome to Sphynx Lair, a community dedicated to Sphynx owners!

How I came to be owned (and loved) by a sphynx

Hello all,

One lazy, sunny Sunday afternoon, my husband and I were floating on tubes down the Shenandoah River when I turned to him and said “I want a pet. I want something to love.” My husband looked back at me and said “What about me?” “Yes, but I want a cat,” I replied. “Only if it is hairless,” he responded.

This began my short search which led me to Patti in Virginia. (I highly recommend her and her cats by the way). We found that she had a 9 month old grey sphynx named Phoenix available for adoption. My husband, never having been owned by a cat before, was still lukewarm on the idea until we visited Patti and her cats. After a few hours and two sphynx (one being Phoenix) snuggled on his lap later, he was a convert. We got her about six weeks later after she was spayed and have been owned (and loved) by her ever since.

Fast forward three years later, all three of us have moved overseas to Japan with the military where Phoenix has found her love of the Okinawa sun. I have been deployed four times for a couple of months each in the past year and one of the best parts of coming home is sleeping with Phoenix snuggled up next to me with her head on my chest (I think she opens her eyes throughout the night to make sure I am still there). Luckily, I will now be home for awhile and Phoenix can thoroughly influence me to do her bidding.

Rebecca
(Owned and loved by Phoenix)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know who Patti is from the breeders list.
She has nice sphynx.
You need to delete her cattery name though because you can not mention cattery
names in sphynx lair
Welcome to sphynx lair.

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hello and Welcome!! My dad spent 9 months in Okinawa during Desert Storm. He took lots of pictures and it was beautiful!!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello nabeccab and welcome to Sphynxlair! Glad you found us! Please enjoy the site! My father was in Okinawa over the years many times and said how beautiful it was. Retired Master sergeant in the Marines, semper fi!:ThumbsUp: