Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

How much did you pay for your sphynx?

Yoda mom

Staff member
My man did everything to surprise me for my Bday 2 yrs ago with ^yoda cat^.
The Florida breeder allegedly said she was our of town and would have her friend meet him with the " you are getting a bargain cat" for $850 -- in a parking lot so he would not have to drive far..

Hmm .. No paperwork, no health certificate, no spay, no breeder address etc.. My Jimmy had no idea to ask and only wanted to make me smile..

^Yoda^ had a bad heart, eyes, and multiple saddle embolisms..
She was less than 3 when she earned her wings..

Now, Toby black kitty, came to us as a rehome for less than $500 ..we just got him neutered and chipped for $100.. He had his shots and vet check papers..heart clear right now.. Keeping our paws crossed!

Wyrmskin

Lairian
Wig, post: 319927, member: 8617"]So are

Aren't you in love?! :)
Yes! He's such a sweetie. I'm already deeply in love with him...I hardly want to do anything productive today!
How about your new baby?

Dallassummer

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I paid $800 for my sphynx simba and $1500 for my bambino Nala. I picked both of them up personally from Clearwater and Orlando fl. Both very close to me. :) I can't believe what some people have paid, prices really do vary. I guess I got two good deals.

Cattitude

Lairian
I paid $950 on kijiji for Yoko a year ago. She was about 9 months old when I got her.

I'm waiting for my new kitten to be ready in April, she is yet to be named. She cost $1500 plus $150 for delivery (about 3 hours drive).

suzfoote

Lairian
I paid $1000 (canadian dollars) for Taz, from a breeder in Quebec, and paid $1500 each for Billie and McNulty. Taz was fixed when I got him, but we had to pay for the other two to get fixed.

AimeeFawn

Lairian
$800 US
My friend purchased him, and then realized she couldn't care for him. Since I had lots of experience with Sphynx cats from owning them in the past, I forked over the cash and have been his mommy ever since. :cat:

Reina

Lairian
We paid 1200(usd) and he came with papers, neutering, and all his shots! The breeder only lives about an hour away too ^_^ we were willing to drive to the next state but we were lucky to stumble upon her and at the time she just so happened to have a litter ready for reserve! We got first pick! Lucky huh?

captain_tinky

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I paid $1000 USD for Pippin, that included kitten package, shots, and spay. Money well spent, I love that little creature so much, definitely turned my health around!

KaiRo

Lairian
I paid 1200 For My baby--he came neutered..and first set of shots...I also drove from vegas to Wickenburg AZ to pick him up....he was worth every penny...I'm saving for Kairo to have a little sister and im expecting to pay about the same...I love my breeder and would only purchase from her in the future.

Morgan

Lairian
$850 (usd) for Pierogi, no breeding rights and no papers (though I could probably easily ask), no neuter, but a perfectly clean bill of health!

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
In my earlier post, I said that Cleopatra, the Queen of Her World, cost us $500.00 and was a rescue from our local PetSmart. Since then, we have reserved Marcus Antonius Anubis. His price is $1500 USD and he will come with registration papers, all his kitten vaccines, microchipped and neutered. His breeder lives about 20 minutes from us in Las Vegas, so there will be no shipping. Yesterday when we were visiting the kittens, Marcus' sister bit his testicles, causing us to say that if he's neutered while playing with his sisters, it would save a whole lot of money later!:D She told me that neutering the males costs her $150 USD because she won't let the vet use ketamine. If ketamine is used for a male neuter, the cost drops to around $35.00. Quite a differencce.

Morgan

Lairian
In my earlier post, I said that Cleopatra, the Queen of Her World, cost us $500.00 and was a rescue from our local PetSmart. Since then, we have reserved Marcus Antonius Anubis. His price is $1500 USD and he will come with registration papers, all his kitten vaccines, microchipped and neutered. His breeder lives about 20 minutes from us in Las Vegas, so there will be no shipping. Yesterday when we were visiting the kittens, Marcus' sister bit his testicles, causing us to say that if he's neutered while playing with his sisters, it would save a whole lot of money later!:D She told me that neutering the males costs her $150 USD because she won't let the vet use ketamine. If ketamine is used for a male neuter, the cost drops to around $35.00. Quite a differencce.

Alot of cities have low-cost neuter programs that allow you to have such a cheap price for neuter. In Chicago, The Anti-Cruelty Society has a price of $20 for both males and females, other places may do $35 for males, $50 for females. All of these places I called while looking to get Pierogi neutered and I asked if it was possible for them to NOT use ketamine during the surgery. Every single one of these places said that the cocktail of anesthesias are pre-mixed and they cannot omit ketamine, therefore I need to take him to an actual clinic.

When I called my choice clinic I asked how much a neuter would be for a cat. The answer was roughly around $100. When I asked how much it would cost for a neuter without ketamine, the price was the same.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I believe in most clinics, the price for a neuter or spay is always going to be high, likely around the $100 range, regardless of any other precautions or requests you make. On the flip-side, it's fairly easy to neuter any animal for cheap (sometimes free) if you contact such clinics and not care about the ketamine risk for our hairless felines.

Joneswifey

Lairian
$850 USA dollar's. She came with a health certificate and vet paperwork, but thats it. She isn't spayed nor did she come witpure bred papers as she is supposed to be pet only. She did come with a vet certificate saying she had first shots and has been dewormed.

smithmh987

Lairian
My kitty was 1200 Canadian, but I decided to neuter him after I get him so that it can be done at a later age, so she took the price down to 1000!

yeaimemi

Lairian
Meeka was supposed to be $100, but I suppose they felt bad about how bad her eyes were so they just gave her to me for free. All I had to pay for was the 3 hour trip back & forth, then the vet visit for another antibiotic for her eyes. Now she's going to cost me anywhere between $800-1000 for her eye removal.

Gremmy

Lairian
I paid nothing for my boys, they were destined for euthanasia after being deemed unfit for sale by their breeders due to health problems (Gremmy- a sickly runt who was a bag of bones and Paul- ulcer scars on his eye)

But with the vet bills these two seem to rack up (toe amputation, entropian eye lids, special IBS food...) I'm sure I've paid millions! And they are worth every cent :)

MunnkieSphynx

Lairian
Munnkie was 1,200 USD (CA) He comes fixed, vet checked, and all shots done
She's only about two hours away so I will drive there to pick him up :)

D

Deleted

paid 4000.00 for are male in 1400.00 for are girl other girl paid 2000.00 this price with breeding right in 250 for shipping usa include all shot in paperwork in microchip

Back