Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

How much food?

Kafkathesphynx

Lairian
Hi everyone,

Kafka is now 1 year old and has a big appetite. He is almost always hungry. Normally, we give him 75 g of wet food, and we give him dry food when the bowl is empty. I'm afraid that I may be overfeeding him. He is my first Sphynx cat, and I'm very unsure about how much food is typically recommended. I have read in several places that this breed needs more food than other cats, but how much is too much? I don't want to undernourish him either.

How much food do you give to your beautiful creatures?

Thank you in advance.

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I used an automatic feeder for Agnes, I believe I programmed it to drop 1/8C dry food 4x a day so she got a total of 1/2 C of food daily. Sometimes she would eat all the meals and sometimes she would leave some. We did 6am, 2pm, 7pm and 3am (the 3 am was to try to keep her from waking us up in the middle of the night to eat. lol! She also got about 1/4 can food in the morning and evening (usually when I fed our dogs as she liked to eat when they did)

I would keep an eye on his weight and if he is gaining or losing weight then adjust the feeding amount accordingly I would either increase or decrease the amount of food by a small amount.

Best of luck!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
If you have not already scheduled their yearly wellness check, I would recommend it. Ask your vet for the ideal weight for their structure and set up a echocardiogram to get a baseline if possible. kudos to you for getting ahead of things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back