Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

how much L-lysine do I give my 15 week old sphynx - Gremlin?

Jrs4

Lairian
Thanks for answering so quick! Do you give her the probiotics when she has upset tummy too? Ra is on a bland diet and I have stopped giving him the probiotics... not sure that's a good idea though.
Yes I did, and I’ve given her 1/2 pack twice a day on her wet food of the purina feline probiotics every day since I got her at 14 weeks, she’s almost 3 now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tgvess

Lairian
My vet doesn't think L-lysine is going to do any good to Ra, but my little boy does not stop sneezing. What do you guys think?
My Lucy was sneezing probably 20 times a day and at least 10 times each of those 20 times. I started using the powdered Lysine in her wet food and it helped A LOT.

Khafra

Lairian
Hello. My Khafra has the same issues. Can anyone suggest an amount or dosage for my 5-month old?

Khafra

Lairian
Our Khafra has runny stool too and has been on probiotics for two weeks. The runny stool is firming up but still runny. He is now constantly sneezing and I'm looking into L-Lysine but don't know how much to issue. Any help is appreciated.

Hope all our babies live long, happy and health lives.

Khafra

Lairian
Our Khafra has runny stool too and has been on probiotics for two weeks. The runny stool is firming up but still runny. He is now constantly sneezing and I'm looking into L-Lysine but don't know how much to issue. Any help is appreciated.

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Here are the directions on our tub

Ask your vet if you can double the dose when sick? Our vet approved us doing so for any of our kittens who had a URI.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Khafra , with any sneezing etc it's a good idea to get a wellness check at the vet- call the vet about bringing a stroll sample to check too while there . They usually wAnt a fresh sample

Just in case the sneezing is a URI starting - you can get medication to treat before it has a chance to worsen

the poo sample to rule out any positve parasites or bacon cause loose runny stool

We see both URI and Giardia discussed here on the lair

Head smooches and keep us updated often!

Rayta

Lairian

I give Ra Lysine on and off as he does not like it and it’s very hard to make him eat the food... he had runny stool for a while ( although he was on probiotics) which made me think he had something else associated. I took him to his vet and requested a stool analysis and he was positive for Giardia. He’s on giardia treatment now and i can already see positive results as his poo has harden considerably. If I were you, I would get him checked to make sure he hasn’t got any parasite.

I hope it helps!