Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

How smart are they?

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm curious. Just how smart is a Sphynx? Can they let you know when they are annoyed?

When I can't sleep at night I go into the spare bedroom. I always go into Raphael's room and touch her over the blanket and she wakes up and joins me in the spare room and purrs and kneads and cuddles like crazy.

The other night when I couldn't sleep I went into her room and touched her, no response. I did this three times and finally on the fourth time I uncovered her, picked her up and carried her into the spare room. She laid down beside me but did not purr and did not knead. Could she have been really annoyed with me because she didn't come on her own free will? I don't recall a time that she didn't purr when I touched her. Do you think she was punishing me? I felt bad that I didn't leave her alone.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Maybe she was just very sleepy like some of those days we have :)
Mine are so sound asleep sometimes .. I tock them and they don't move
- one even snores!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Sounds like she was in a very deep sleep and didn't even notice mommy petting her or picking her up. She will purr her head off next time you pet her:)

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I believe that they are very very smart. And I believe that they are sensitive to our emotions. And I also believe that they are pretty good at expressing their own. All that said, I agree that your girl was just very very tired. It's the same that happens with humans. Don't take it personally. Hugs

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I agree, they're really smart. Sometimes they like being picked up and treated like royalty but sometimes they don't. Sometimes it has to be on their terms. Snoring I've experienced, dreaming, drooling.... They're really cool beings, that's for sure!

Back