Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

How Talkative is Your Sphynx?

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I wish I could have made this a poll but couldn't figure out how! So please choose from these:

1. I didn't know my Sphynx had vocal cords!
2. They only speak if they need something and they are being ignored.
3. They participate in our usual human conversation, but not excessively.
4. They talk with us and then some!
5. Please for the love of all Holiness WHERE is their off button?!!

Thanks for participating!

Schrodinger

Lairian
Dmitri's a 3, Iroh's probably a 4. They both chat with you (more if they're hungry). Dmitri will respond when you talk to him or ask him questions. Iroh is more prone to making noises just as he trundles around the house. Every time he walks somewhere, he'll 'mrrt mrrt mrrt' until he gets to where he's going. Interestingly, when Dmitri meows it sounds like a statement, and when Iroh meows, it sounds like a question.

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Leo is a 2, Molly is a 5. Gawd, does she ever get annoying. When she really drives us nuts, we heat up towels in the dryer. Then she hops in, makes a bed, and gives us a few hours of peace.

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Agnes is between a 4 and a 5! If she is not constantly talking or making chirps she's asleep. I love it though and will talk back to her. My husband might wonder where my off button is lol!

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Wow, I made this and never replied?! Well, if any of you were wondering, Uber is a 2.5 because he generally just vocalizes around mealtime or if he needs to draw something to our attention. The past couple days he's been especially purry.

Bonus picture of him sprawled out in front of the fireplace! (It's pretty big, sorry. Should have made the thumbnail)

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Luna is between a 2 and a 3. She talks when she wants special food or when we chat with her but otherwise she is fairly quiet. She sqeaks when she purrs which is adorable. I’ve been trying to figure out how to upload the video but with no such luck.

Attachments

• A1DD678B-0FD0-4AF6-973F-678B66FBD4CF.jpeg
    A1DD678B-0FD0-4AF6-973F-678B66FBD4CF.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 50

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Max and Min are usually a 2, but in certain circumstances it goes straight to a 5.

Max will yowl endlessly to go outside and scrabble against the door for additional annoyance.

When Min has her episodes of desperately needing play time I wish I could find an off switch -- this happens often when I'm on the phone with a client. Thankfully my clients know I have an "office cat".

Yoda mom

Staff member
@JSal you can upload through yo tube :)
Will send the link to help

(Just saw your question to admin on that thread )
Hopeful to see video soon!

Anansi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Orpheus is definitely a 2 he only really speaks when it's dinner time or if he is going to the toulet haha. But if he thinks there is a bug in the house or he looses a bug he is a 4-5 for hours afterwards still yelling about it haha

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
10 Elfie is a TEN!!!!!!
Toothless on the other hand; if you don’t almost sit on her when she’s under the blankets you wouldn’t know she even could talk!

Back