Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

How the HCM Scans go?

Brooke

Banned
How did the scans go today?
I saw Cheryls cats were Neg.
I hope both of yours were neg.

Thanks for checking! Mandy and Nelson were both HCM Negative!! :Celebrate:

Nelson did not even have a murmur today. Huh??? However, he was noted as "Equivocal" because of mildly enlarged papillary muscles. The cardiologist said this does not effect his heart health right now but she said if he were a breeding cat, he would not be suitable for breeding because of it. (he's neutered.) He has to go back in 6 months for a recheck and as long as his values are the same, he will be considered HCM clear. So, he's not completely safe from risk right now, but it turned out a lot better than I had feared - he does NOT have HCM. Other than the papillary muscles, his heart looks really good.

I am so relieved! When I took him out of his carrier and put him up on the table, I thought I was going to throw up, I was so nervous.

Looks like I'll be doing some studying this weekend and learning all about feline papillary muscles!

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
I got home just now and I said to Haji "We have to see how all the cats are! We sent them good thoughts so let's see!" Yes, I really said that out loud to him. He looked at me and ran off into his krinkle tunnel.

We are both very happy for you!

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's great news, Brooke! I checked the forum as much as I thought I could get away with at work just to see how the scans went. It seems like several of us on here did as well. It's like a big family on here! As for the mildly enlarged papillary muscles, we will continue to send positive thoughts!

susi794

Staff member
Brooke,
:ThumbsUp: Am happy to hear you got better news than you feared and will pray that all is well at the 6 month check up too. Sometimes I swear there are so many things out there that can hurt our little babies that I could just cringe in fear. :Dizzy::Woo::Sweat:I totally understood what you meant when you said you felt like throwing up when you took Nelson out of his carrier and put him on the table. Now you can take a breath and regroup.
Hugs,
Susi

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Glad everything went well and the scans were negative. Will keep you in our prayers for the six month checkup... Relax and enjoy them now....

Back