Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

How the heck do people keep their sphynx’ ears so darn clean?

Klcklc1285

Lairian
How do people keep their sphynx ears so clean??!?! I feel like I am a very devoted sphynx momma and my cats ears alllllways look awful. I know you are not supposed to go real far in them and everything ... but even in the part of the ear (gosh I wish I had the words to explain the part I’m talking about) it’s not in the top of ear and not down in it either. It’s the part where a whole bunch of gunk gets stuck and a q top is too big to get into. I usually take a bobby pin to it. (Don’t worry.... I am super super easy... I love my cats too much to hurt them). And in Grettas ears... she gets these weird little things that I don’t know how to describe. I’m gunna try to get a picture how y’all can see. But it looks like a small rounded bump but they are the color of the wax... but they are not wax... I have tried to very gently make sure that they weren’t just wax that was stuck with a bobby pin and it’s not. It’s like they are wax colored pimples in her ears. She gets straight POed when I touch them. Anyone else have this problem? I don’t think they bug her or anything. I’m just curious. And you guys please tell me how y’all keep ears so clean. My girls are looks dirty even right after a cleaning and I usually sit there and mess with them in each cat for about 20 minutes!!!! I’ve tried the cotton ball with cleaner on it and then doing the q tip. Still don’t get out the stuff in the weird crevice part of the ear

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
@Yoda mom turned me on to these...they allow you to get in to all of those groves.

Klcklc1285

Lairian
Thank you so much yodamom! I can’t wait to go get these tomorrow. Very good idea with the plate and q tips with splash of ear cleaner. Gosh. I don’t know why I never thought of that. I usually sit there and try to pour it on one q tup at a time and make a huge mess. Ugh. Sometimes I seriously eat to say.... “duh idiot” to my own self. Not even kidding.

Random thing I know but I just have to say... I let a mosquito inside when I opened the front door earlier and now the three stooges are on the attack and it literally sounds like a football team practicing in my living room right now. How the heck is it that three cats can make so much noise that I can hear them loud and clear from in my bedroom with TWO fans going. They think that they are bad asses and slowly torture moths/mosquitos/crickets until they finally die. Ughhh my cats have psychological problems!!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Klcklc1285 , I am envisioning the precise teamwork of your team vs mosquito!
They do make our hearts smile :)

Please let us know how the ear cleaning goes!

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm laughing when I read this, precicion q-tips. Here in Sweden people buy them for their human babies and last year I tried getting some but I think a ran to every store in town and came home empty handed. It's strange, we have no q-tips but the cats still have gunk in the ears. You would think my cats should have clean ears since I can't buy no Q-tips! I live in the wrong part of the world...

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Just a heads up many times you can find these in the nail polish area in a store. They are frequently used to remove nail polish mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traci Smith

Lairian
I'm laughing when I read this, precicion q-tips. Here in Sweden people buy them for their human babies and last year I tried getting some but I think a ran to every store in town and came home empty handed. It's strange, we have no q-tips but the cats still have gunk in the ears. You would think my cats should have clean ears since I can't buy no Q-tips! I live in the wrong part of the world...

Omgosh @Zab!!!!!! That’s hysterical! Must mean you guys are to clean over there!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kauna

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
These look amazing! I am going to have to find them for my girl, she gets the worst gunk buildup in the grooves of her ears that regular q-tips just cannot reach.