Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

How to add/ view photos in your gallery.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Sphynxlair offers a wonderful image gallery for you to share and save your photos with the Sphynxlair community. To get started, first go the top of the forum area and "hover" over the Media tab tab and choose "Add Media" to add a new photo to your existing album or to create a new album.

add media.png

Once you click "Add Media" you will be prompted with this screen to "add media to...", "Create new album" or you can add to an existing album if you have created one previously.

Screen Shot 2014-04-10 at 5.41.01 PM.png

Then the upload screen. Choose "Add Media" or "Embed a Video" (Just the video URL - like Youtube.)

add photo- vid.png

Have fun creating YOUR Sphynxlair album to share with the world!

Last edited:

zoinks

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Is the maximum photos in your gallery 75? 3 albums with 25 pictures?

I have a lot of pictures I want to put up but no space :(

zoinks

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@zoinks

Each album holds 25 pics. As you move up in Lair Member status you get more albums. For example:

Senior 5
VIP 8
Gold 10

oh thanks Patti I didn't know that :) How many posts do you need to reach each of those status? (Tried searching but I couldn't find this info)

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry guys! I did a small update on the site yesterday and added some code (auto rotate apple devices EXIF rotation issues) in the wrong place in the upload.php file. All should be ok now, did a test or two in both threads and albums myself and it works fine.

Roki

Lairian
I accidentally added an uncropped picture. How do I remove it? I am using an iPad/Safari. For now I just edited the permissions so only I can see it, since I can't find a delete button...

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Just out of curiosity, is @admin the only person who is able to delete photos from our own albums?
Deleting photos or albums is an option for Senior Lairians and above. However, if there is something critical or personal that needs removing - a photo or album, it can be requested. The criteria for a SL is 300 messages posted in the forums, and then goes up in increments to move to the VIP, and Gold Lairian status which all come with different perks, ability to add more photos- albums, add more people to conversations, so on and so forth. :)

SarahsRedmon

Lairian
Sphynxlair offers a wonderful image gallery for you to share and save your photos with the Sphynxlair community. To get started, first go the top of the forum area and "hover" over the Media tab tab and choose "Add Media" to add a new photo to your existing album or to create a new album.

View attachment 45925

Once you click "Add Media" you will be prompted with this screen to "add media to...", "Create new album" or you can add to an existing album if you have created one previously.

View attachment 45926

Then the upload screen. Choose "Add Media" or "Embed a Video" (Just the video URL - like Youtube.)

View attachment 45927

Have fun creating YOUR Sphynxlair album to share with the world!

How do I delete photos and albums?

Nevermind I think I just saw the answer. I can't delete my own photos and albums is that correct? A senior would have to?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a size limitation? I'm VIP and I can't add more to my album that contains of 77 pictures.
/Zab
Images are automatically resized for space purposes on the server, there is a limit on albums/ images again due to space constraints on the server, as you move up in status you do get more space, your next level would be gold. Hope this helps. :)

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Images are automatically resized for space purposes on the server, there is a limit on albums/ images again due to space constraints on the server, as you move up in status you do get more space, your next level would be gold. Hope this helps. :)
Ok, thanx!

Back