Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

How to add your signature and a photo

admin

Administrator
Staff member
How to add a photo to your signature on Sphynxlair.

Step 1: Create a new thread in the test forum here:
http://www.sphynxlair.com/community/forums/test-forum.86/

Step 2: Upload your signature image as a file

upload button.png

Step 3: Insert image into post - (choose) full image

full image or atatchment.png

Step 4: Post thread, then right click your image and copy image or copy image address location.

save image address.png

Step 5: Edit Signature

Hover over your username (next to your alerts at top of page) and click "Signature" from the resulting dropdown menu.

signature.png

Step 6: Paste URL Between Image Tags
Paste the url from step 4 into the signature editor. Surround the url with image tags (shown below).

Screen Shot 2013-09-07 at 7.16.56 AM.png

Step 7: Preview/Save Signature

Preview and/or save your signature. Your signature image should now display on Sphynxlair!

sig.png

Last edited:

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Admin, I can't access my albums so I can upload a picture from there to our signature. Every time I try (on my IPad), the only choices I get are to take a photo with the IPad or to choose one from mt IPad album. I cannot enter a URL, I cannot paste a copied URL, and I cannot download photos from anywhere on the 'net to my IPad album. Also, when I tried to edit my signature, I got a message stating that my signature is too long and that I can't include the link to our store! I REALLY want to keep that link. Please help? Thanks
To clarify, I AM able to access the albums, but I just cannot upload directly from them like I could before.

Caloci

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
The problem with me trying to add a photo to my signature is that I do not have urls for any of my photos. It always used to be a matter of searching our computers for the pics we wanted or putting in url so it would seem that not all the options are available for the various methods used to do that.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
The problem with me trying to add a photo to my signature is that I do not have urls for any of my photos. It always used to be a matter of searching our computers for the pics we wanted or putting in url so it would seem that not all the options are available for the various methods used to do that.
The URL will come from the site here. The directions above explain exactly how to do so. Upload the picture file you want to use here http://www.sphynxlair.com/community/forums/test-forum.86/ right click and save image address or copy image URL then paste that address into your signature area which can be found here http://www.sphynxlair.com/community/threads/how-to-find-my-profile-change-settings.23380/ or just by clicking on your username by your alerts area above and choose signature. If you still need assistance let me know.

Also by going to your album you can still get direct URL links to your photos and many more options in the albums sectin. - see screenshot.

Screen Shot 2013-09-09 at 5.30.07 AM.png

Last edited:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin, I can't access my albums so I can upload a picture from there to our signature. Every time I try (on my IPad), the only choices I get are to take a photo with the IPad or to choose one from mt IPad album. I cannot enter a URL, I cannot paste a copied URL, and I cannot download photos from anywhere on the 'net to my IPad album. Also, when I tried to edit my signature, I got a message stating that my signature is too long and that I can't include the link to our store! I REALLY want to keep that link. Please help? Thanks
To clarify, I AM able to access the albums, but I just cannot upload directly from them like I could before.
I can access your albums fine http://www.sphynxlair.com/community/gallery/authors/cleopatra-beers.3588/, you cant see this from your end? You will need to grab the URL from an album picture as I showed @Caloci above. I will turn on links in the sig for store owners to link to their store here on the Lair tonight. If you have any more issues, please let me know.

Thanks,

Admin

susi794

Staff member
Well, this is too darn hard! I can't go to someplace and still read what you wrote here for instructions. There are a gazillion steps....can I just send you the pic I want and you will rescue me like you said you would?

susi794

Staff member
I will try it one more time....but I am not hopeful.

assibassi

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
i know i am with susi, too many steps argh
i also tried that instagram thing and cant figure that out.

susi794

Staff member
When I right click on my picture, I don't have "copy image URL" and when I click on "copy photo" nothing appears to happen. I need help. I understand what I need to do once I get a url, but I can't seem to get one.

susi794

Staff member
I am so over this.....everyone else seems to love this new set up. NOT ME. My original sig pic was a gift from someone made especially for me....I had no idea it was going to disappear and I have no way of recovering it....that makes me sad. Trying to do this now makes me feel like a twit. I thought I was getting better....was almost ready to stop bitching about the changes....but HELLO!!! Here we are again. I just now tried to click on the smilies button and it won't do anything. I tried to find this post once I left it and tried the search button, that came up empty.....I see to be thwarted at every avenue.
Calgon, take me away...

Last edited:

susi794

Staff member
Ok, so I see a typo so I try to go in and edit it and it won't let me. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! I am going away for the night before I blow a gasket.

1sphynxlover

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I had no problems before with photos now it says everything is too large. I crop it. Try to resize but it still says its too lage. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

susi794

Staff member
Most of the time it lets me edit....but that time it wouldn't. I know how to do it, it just wouldn't work and my frustration level was getting bad, so I had to walk away. You can find the picture on the test post forum where I put it last.....at least I think it's there.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I had no problems before with photos now it says everything is too large. I crop it. Try to resize but it still says its too lage. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
Where are you adding photos? To your photo gallery?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Most of the time it lets me edit....but that time it wouldn't. I know how to do it, it just wouldn't work and my frustration level was getting bad, so I had to walk away. You can find the picture on the test post forum where I put it last.....at least I think it's there.
Ok - it's done. Are you using your kindle Susi?

assibassi

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
i love the Forum and the easy of posting and such , just like this and instagram adding i have no clue

admin

Administrator
Staff member
To my photo gallery. Then to threads. I'm using an ipad. Thank you.
The thread should automatically resize your photo to work, are you having the exact problem with the thread as well? The max picture size is 1920x1080 pixels or smaller in your photo gallery.

Also, I uploaded in the test forum from my iPad direct to Sphynlair (not sure what you were using direct URL in the browser or Tapatalk), a very large photo, over 3000 pixel and it successfully resized in a thread see here with both Ipad direct URL and Tapatalk- http://www.sphynxlair.com/community/threads/upload-large-pic-from-ipad.23424/
I then resized the same photo to 1920x1080 and successfully uploaded it to my gallery here -http://www.sphynxlair.com/community/gallery/photos/21418/ Please be sure your image meets the size criteria for albums, threads will resize automatically to 600x600.

Last edited:

susi794

Staff member
How do I love thee, Tom? Let me count the ways! Thanks for fixing it. May I never have to try to do that EVER again. LOL!

assibassi

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
ok i tried it one more time ! lol YAY it worked !!

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Tom,
I see that you rescued Susi--I hope you can rescue me. I am on my IPad, and I cannot right-click. So I finnaly chose a picture to use for our signature, but apparently I am only allowed to upload photos I have on the IPad photo album or that I can take with the IPad, but I cannot paste a url into the upload file area. That means I cannot upload ANYTHING from my Sphynxlair albums (Thank you--I am able to access the albums, I just cannot upload from them to any post), and I cannot upload the signature file either, because they are not on my IPad photo album. I have tried to paste a url into the upload box, but it doesn't work. I cannot use my netbook computer because it is really sick. Can you help please? Thanks, Julie

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@admin -- I also still cannot seem to edit my signature and keep our link to the store. Have you been able to fix that yet? I also posted earlier about my ongoing inability to post pictures from my albums while I am on my IPad. Thanks, Julie

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I
@admin -- I also still cannot seem to edit my signature and keep our link to the store. Have you been able to fix that yet? I also posted earlier about my ongoing inability to post pictures from my albums while I am on my IPad. Thanks, Julie
I have successfully uploaded from my Album as show below using my iPad. Please see this thread on adding photos from your albums from any device into a post or thread - http://www.sphynxlair.com/community/threads/how-to-add-photos-from-your-gallery.23446/

The link for store owners is coming shortly, I need to create a store user group.

BBCode
our sphynx & other pets by admin on Sphynxlair Community

or

Direct link