Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

How to Detect fraud sphynx cat adoption ads

Dublin Riis

Lairian
@Condo commando I agree. The cost of kittens usually is for the upkeep of everything behind the scenes. What we see as potential buyers is just an ADORABLE kitty that we MUST have! What the breeder sees is upkeep of food, litter, vet bills for preliminary care, travel fees for shows and show fees. There are breeders out there who will neuter/spay BEFORE being placed in a home. Don't forget there may also be the pet insurance a kitty may come with.

Ssniderwin

Lairian
Just had my first experience with an attempted scammer. They posted in Houston. However, upon contact, they said they were in El Paso, and posted the add around Texas. Further research pulled up a number outside of Garland, TX. Their first request was for a Western Union transfer. I promptly declined that offer. Their next offer was through PayPal, but using the "Friends and Family" option. Again, I declined.

Then they started shooting off email after email, texting, as well as calling me once. These emails included pictures, as well as verbiage that was to pull at my heart strings. I decided to do some more fishing with them before I turned them into Google as a scam. After further contact, they stated the delivery company would call and ask for a Google verification password. At this point, I was positive it was a scam.

Not sure if it is OK to post their contact info here so that others can avoid dealing with them.

Lucky for me, I do not make fast emotional decisions.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Brandyb053108 kudos for you doing your research
We can't post specific names but if anyone is looking to adopt in Texas they can PM you to verify they are not dealing with the same scammers

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Just had my first experience with an attempted scammer. They posted in Houston. However, upon contact, they said they were in El Paso, and posted the add around Texas. Further research pulled up a number outside of Garland, TX. Their first request was for a Western Union transfer. I promptly declined that offer. Their next offer was through PayPal, but using the "Friends and Family" option. Again, I declined.

Then they started shooting off email after email, texting, as well as calling me once. These emails included pictures, as well as verbiage that was to pull at my heart strings. I decided to do some more fishing with them before I turned them into Google as a scam. After further contact, they stated the delivery company would call and ask for a Google verification password. At this point, I was positive it was a scam.

Not sure if it is OK to post their contact info here so that others can avoid dealing with them.

Lucky for me, I do not make fast emotional decisions.
Hello !
Well let me say this ! I would probably have taken them at face value and lost my money ! Thank you so much for sharing this with us and giving us the heads up ... there really are a lot of people myself included would see the advert see the pictures and fall in love ! On Instagram I have seen some of the most beautiful little naked babies ! And been put of because they deliver world wide .. they do ask for hefty deposits . But it puts me off because of the distance ..
it is only because of people like your self that people like me don’t get ripped off !!
But again all to sad plenty of people do lose their hard earned saved up cash !!
Keep on searching these frauds out
Thank you xxx