Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

How to tell if shipping is legit

stephanie16

Lairian
Hello!!

I’ve been looking for a sphynx for a while now. Recently within the last couple days, new posts came up on a couple different websites. I emailed/texted each one, and I just want to know how to tell if something is real. It seemed weird to me that the three that responsed, all had one male and one female left. All at $500 each. And all in different parts of Texas. They said they would ship, but I don’t know how I feel about shipping. I don’t know if it’s safe, how to know if they’re coming from a good home, etc.

Please anyone who has experience with shipping give me some advice!!

Sheldon13

Staff member
That is definitely a strange coincidence! Are you sure you didn’t contact the same seller, just on different websites?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stephanie16

Lairian
That is definitely a strange coincidence! Are you sure you didn’t contact the same seller, just on different websites?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought about that, but each response was from a different number, but they all typed the same, and hasn’t said anything about being the same, you know? Like no “oh hey you messaged me already, i’m the 618 number too” instead of playing off each conversation as someone else.

Anansi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I would say that there is something fishy with that. Not only are they all saying the same/similar things that seems really cheap to me, it's hard cause I'm not in the US so conversion is odd, but that is like at least half the price of a Sphynx in Aus.
I would take a look at the posts on how to tell reputable breeders etc.
But I would ask about seeing the kittens in person, if they come with papers, if the scan the parents HMC, diacudithe possiblity of picking the kitten up yourself etc if they dodge your questions then something is up. Also trust your gut if you don't want to ship then don't

Yoda mom

Staff member
@stephanie16 , Great advice given !
Go with your gut amd look for red flags

I also Google cattery names and even their phone numbers and look for kitty mills amd often they sell multiple breeds of cats and dogs all over the web

My responsible breeder I adopted from does ship and if you want her info let me know

She goes above and beyond for her kitties , HCM scans Regulary and posts the scan dates too on her site amd is meticulous with her kitties and paperwork

She Stays in contact years after gotcha day

Keep us updated
All paws crossed the sphynx stars align

The right one will find you!

stephanie16

Lairian
@stephanie16 , Great advice given !
Go with your gut amd look for red flags

I also Google cattery names and even their phone numbers and look for kitty mills amd often they sell multiple breeds of cats and dogs all over the web

My responsible breeder I adopted from does ship and if you want her info let me know

She goes above and beyond for her kitties , HCM scans Regulary and posts the scan dates too on her site amd is meticulous with her kitties and paperwork

She Stays in contact years after gotcha day

Keep us updated
All paws crossed the sphynx stars align

The right one will find you!

That would actually be great, I would love her information :)

stephanie16

Lairian
Update: it turned out to be fraud. I got ANOTHER text from a random number after I told the other 3 I wasn’t comfortable. They texted me “Hey, you contacted me about the kittens. I have two available, both for $500 or one for $300. Give me your email and I’ll send you pictures. I’m from Pennsylvania”

I never texted, called, anything this number. I’ve lived in PA and I knew the number wasn’t a PA area code. So I asked when I requested information, and they never responded. I googled the number, it came up a Texas number, once again, so I googled the email. There was a post from a concerned person asking if anyone knew of the people, because they paid money for a sphynx kitten that was supposed to be delivered and never was, then she started getting calls asking for another $1,000 for the shipping.

I’m going to post the emails & numbers I received stuff from so they don’t actually get money out of anyone.

Back