Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

How warm before you take your Sphynx out

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Grandma bought Jack and Maizie a new stroller and I can't wait to take them for a walk. It is in the 50's and sunny here right now. I wonder if they have their sweaters on if it is warm enough to take them out in it. Opinions?

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
i personally would wait until @ least the 60s u dont want them to get a cold push them aroundthe house in it lol:ThumbsUp::Wink:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I always wait till it is like 75, just think of it like this, when it is warm enough for you to go out side without A jacket or sweater you can take your babies out.

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I usually take my cats out if I want to go outside(which is only when its nice because I'm a cold weather wimp), plus they get one more layer. Like if I go out with a sweater, they can go out with a sweater and a blanket. If I am comfortable in a tshirt, they get a sweater. I watch them closely and if they start to shiver at all, we go in immediately. It's kind of nice because in the stroller you can really bundle them up!! If I waited till it was it was 75, they'd only get to go out a couple of times a year :LOL:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Last time I brought Sophie out it was 70 and she just had a shirt on. There was no wind but her skin felt a little cooler than I liked so we went in after 15 min or so. I'd say 75 is a good temp.

Brooke

Banned
This is funny. Here in Florida, I always worry if it's too hot to take them out. :LOL:

(not this week, though - I actually had ice on my car this morning!! that never happens!)

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I've never taken Mo out for a stroll, just to the vets or other peoples houses. I did put him in a sweater to take to the vets the other day though. It's -15C at the moment now. It will probably stay like this all year round though in the UK, we don't seem to get summer! I will have to buy Mo a snow suit!

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This is funny. Here in Florida, I always worry if it's too hot to take them out. :LOL:

(not this week, though - I actually had ice on my car this morning!! that never happens!)

Must be nice!!!! Ice do you guys down their know what to do when that happens? J/K :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'll be somewhat down your way next month! YAY!

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Brooke, here in WI there was a news story on the radio about how it's raining iguanas in Florida. Apparently when it drops below 40 F, they lose their grip and fall from the trees. When I was in FL in Oct, there were some darn big iguanas! I can't imagine walking under a tree and having one fall on me :Hysterical: Even so, I'd rather be in Florida right now......

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:Woo:Well I will be the bad mom today... Cause I let Oba out yesterday when it was a not so wonderful 45 out. Sweater on, harness on. Thinking he would stop whining. Realizing it was cold and come back in the house....:Dizzy:No such luck we were out side for almost an hour before he was ready to come in.. (not because I wasn't trying to talk him in the house 5 min after we were outside). Now despite that he sits at the door and wants to go out with the puppies every time I take them out...:Hysterical: He is such a hard headed fat boy......but God I love him!!!!!:BigSmile::Wink:

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I agree Brooke: Heat is the worry here too May-Oct. We don't however have the humidity. My brother lives in cocoa sp? Florida.

Brooke

Banned
Must be nice!!!! Ice do you guys down their know what to do when that happens? J/K :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'll be somewhat down your way next month! YAY!

Actually, Kerrie, we don't know what to do with ice. I have not ever used or owned an ice scraper for my car, they don't even sell them anywhere here. Snow tires? What?? :LOL:

But, I can drive in a hurricane like nobody's business!

Where in FL will you be? Nelson says "take me back with you!" (I just got him with the eye drops...:LOL:)

Brooke

Banned
Brooke, here in WI there was a news story on the radio about how it's raining iguanas in Florida. Apparently when it drops below 40 F, they lose their grip and fall from the trees. When I was in FL in Oct, there were some darn big iguanas! I can't imagine walking under a tree and having one fall on me :Hysterical: Even so, I'd rather be in Florida right now......

:LOL: ROFLMAO!!! I've never heard that one before... :Hysterical:

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yeah I live in Wisconsin too and I am so afraid to take Abby outside...but I'm really excited too! :ThumbsUp::Cool:I'm getting Abby a stroller with my birthday money...and I can't wait to take her out and show her off! What kind of stroller did you get?

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Actually, Kerrie, we don't know what to do with ice. I have not ever used or owned an ice scraper for my car, they don't even sell them anywhere here. Snow tires? What?? :LOL:

But, I can drive in a hurricane like nobody's business!

Where in FL will you be? Nelson says "take me back with you!" (I just got him with the eye drops...:LOL:)

The condo is West Rotonda.... i think it is about an hour from you! Oh, I know about eye drops & oint.... Kramer runs as soon as he see me pick it up! :LOL::LOL:

I don't do snow tires & drive an Acura (which isn't so good in the snow), that stuff takes the fun out of driving! Fishtailing, donuts, etc!

My Dad's friend lives in KY & when it snow there (which is very rare) they basically shut the town down! LOL! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Since the last time I took Meecho out in her sweater and she got really sick I stick to a strict rull of at least 70 degrees or higher. Unless I know we are only going to be in the mall or something but I have her bundled up so much she can't really move. Plus it cracks people up when you start to unravel blankets, coats, hats and scarfs from your baby in the stroller and what they find is a cat:LOL:

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My Dad's friend lives in KY & when it snow there (which is very rare) they basically shut the town down! LOL! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

So true!!:LOL: I just moved to southern KY last week from Indiana and yesterday we got ONE inch and the schools are shut down & people we were supposed to go to dinner with cancelled because of the roads...I was like "Wha???":LOL::Smile:

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Since the last time I took Meecho out in her sweater and she got really sick I stick to a strict rull of at least 70 degrees or higher. Unless I know we are only going to be in the mall or something but I have her bundled up so much she can't really move. Plus it cracks people up when you start to unravel blankets, coats, hats and scarfs from your baby in the stroller and what they find is a cat:LOL:

LOL yeah, I would wait until it's in the mid 70s. I had to take Stella to the vet the other day for a recheck, and I made her wear her bulky sweater, her hoodie, and she was completely wrapped up in a fleece blanket. I covered her head with excess blanket to block the wind from getting on her when we walked to the car (she could breathe). When we got to the vet's office, there was so much bulk that she was able to sit up like a human on my lap. I heard the laughs, too. Current temperature: 2 degrees. Next week is suppose to get up into the 30s. WOO! HEAT WAVE! I'm getting my sunscreen and flip flops ready.

Back