Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

How well does your cat tolerate bathtime?

How well does your cat tolerate bathtime? Go to the regular site to cast your vote

• They absolute love it!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Well behaved but wouldn't say they love it

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • Hates bath time but we get through it with some screaming or scratching

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Absolutely hates it so we cannot bathe them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Feel free to share a bit about why you voted like you did. Remember you can only vote on the regular site. You cannot vote using tapatalk.

Last edited:

Toa and Ross

Staff member
My boys yell like they're being killed while I bath them. Trying to escape. But, and I think that's so cute, never hurt me while trying to get away.

My girl Jade hates bathing and turns into a snake girl, trying to sneak away. But she never yells!

Yoda mom

Staff member
I feel like I am trying to hold onto the lockness monster each spa day!
Accompanied by gutteral protests and fangs !
I used to have to wear a sweatshirt!

Now it is a little easier using exfoliating gloves and the stokkes flexibath with a towel underneath and inside (lol helps clean them paws while they try to climb out -most of the water drains out into the sink and the bathroom counter is better height for short me trying holding slippery kitty for the Sooo looooved "spa day" x 4 :)

GMPLAX23

Lairian
Tut does okay. He definitely doesn't like it! No scratches last time. I get jealous when I see pictures of other Sphynx chilling in the tub!

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Max and Min Tolerate bathtime. Min is usually resigned at first making it really easy to soap her up. But when it comes to rinsing her, you think I was killing her. Whenever she starts screaming, Max comes running in with a very concerned expression on his face. Afterwards Max knows it's his turn and he just sits there and waits for me to put them in the sink.. He barely tolerates the actual bathing and rinsing process. But we get by.

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Astrid screams and then pouts in the farthest corner of the tub lol. She then goes limp so she's harder to move just to add difficulty lol

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
To get Raphael used to bathing this is what I am doing:

I fill the tub with water, get towel, facecloth, and snugly blanket ready.
I bring her in, close the door and stand her in the water.
After a minute I use the facecloth on her.
When she starts trying to escape, I take her out, dry her off, wrap her in the blanket and we go into the living room to cuddle.

So far I haven't bothered with soap.

I wash her face and clean her ears every morning.

My vet said they don't need to be bathed too often, just when they start to smell.

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
The girls do so much better than when they first got rehomed. They would claw up your back. But, they had never been bathed at all. Now they sit still and gut it out.
The boys walk around and new a bit but no hysterics so that is good.

Blackcat1313

Lairian
Fuggles deals with it. I usually close the bathroom door and she starts meowing loudly, then I give her a nice light coating of coconut oil, face included. She likes it since she can lick it! I fill the tub during that time, then once it's filled lower her into a baby tub. I hate to use a big tub of water, so I bought one. She seems to be more comfortable in that. The only time she gets upset is when a towel is over her head while I'm drying her, and it's LOUD and pitiful and funny! She tries to climb out once or twice, but gives up after she realizes there's no escaping...

Back