Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

Hugging my little girl

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I can't wait to get home today and just go hug my little bald baby. I am very upset right now and holding back tears:Cry:. With everyone loosing kitties and kitties getting sick-It just makes me so sad:Cry::Cry: I just want to go home and hug my baby.
I also just wanted everyone to know I love you all and (especialy if your baby is sick) you are all in my prayers everynight.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know it is very very heartbreaking. One thing that I always like to remember is this story which I'm sure many are familiar with. Although it is about a dog I think it applies to all companions.

"A Dog's Purpose (from a 6-year-old)

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife Lisa, and their little boy Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's Death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, 'I know why.'

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation.

He said, 'People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life - - like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?' The six-year-old continued, 'Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long.' "

This story always makes me cry but it helps remind me why our companions have to leave us. :Cry::Cry::Cry:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I share your sentiments, abbyknitter. I am thankful everyday that all of my cats are healthy and in good shape.

A few years ago, I lost my prized Siamese show cat to a sinus tumor, so I know all too well the pain and heartbreak of losing one of our animal friends.

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It is heartbreaking. I consider all of you on the Lair as family and it it hard to share all the hurts sometimes. To balance that we get lots of smiles and love. Lately the scales seem to be unblanced but we have each other to cheer us on and provide support. OK everyone GROUP HUG!

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It is heartbreaking. I consider all of you on the Lair as family and it it hard to share all the hurts sometimes. To balance that we get lots of smiles and love. Lately the scales seem to be unblanced but we have each other to cheer us on and provide support. OK everyone GROUP HUG!

I agree completely.

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Heather: I've never heard that story before, but that was so sweet. Such a perfect explanation for our heartbreaks.

I am so glad this is such a family atmosphere. We give lots of positivity and support to each other. I am very thankful to have Stella in my life and to be a member of the Sphynxlair Family! I wish everyone and their companions a happy and healthy life.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That is a really nice thing to post! I have come over all emotional too now!

susi794

Staff member
I also want to weigh in on this conversation--sometimes you guys are the only ones who "get it" and I love you all so much for the kindness and understanding you've all shown. When your life seems like it's falling apart, a little love from others can get you through the day. Let's just keep being there for each other...as best we can. Sometimes all we can give is a prayer or a little tenderness, but it makes a difference to the one that's in pain.

Good morning everyone,

It's wonderful to find a place to be open and share the love and care we have for our Nudies as well as one another.

I have had numeorus heart breaks through the years with the loss of a baby. Most people think I am crazy to do what I have done to give them all a wonderful quality life. Even though I have had to say "good-bye" to so many I realize that they are on their way to a "new adventure". I have to push my selfishness to the side and accept that I was blessed to have these wonderful little gifts in my life. They all filled a place in my heart that no human could ever do.

I have tried to move forward after a loss and tell myself "no more" but that is never the case. I have a heart issue..something stupid concerning the way my heart beats. I explain that with each loss of a loved one, a part of my heart gets broken.

So, with 11 urns on my highboy, numerous burial spots in the cement next to the pool....a heart that is "off beat", I move forward always giving my infinite love to God's wonderful 4 legged creatures!

You're all amazing and I thankful you exist with the love you have to share for our "non human" loves.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Good morning everyone,

It's wonderful to find a place to be open and share the love and care we have for our Nudies as well as one another.

I have had numeorus heart breaks through the years with the loss of a baby. Most people think I am crazy to do what I have done to give them all a wonderful quality life. Even though I have had to say "good-bye" to so many I realize that they are on their way to a "new adventure". I have to push my selfishness to the side and accept that I was blessed to have these wonderful little gifts in my life. They all filled a place in my heart that no human could ever do.

I have tried to move forward after a loss and tell myself "no more" but that is never the case. I have a heart issue..something stupid concerning the way my heart beats. I explain that with each loss of a loved one, a part of my heart gets broken.

So, with 11 urns on my highboy, numerous burial spots in the cement next to the pool....a heart that is "off beat", I move forward always giving my infinite love to God's wonderful 4 legged creatures!

You're all amazing and I thankful you exist with the love you have to share for our "non human" loves.
Beautifully said, wndrlust! :ThumbsUp: I am so thankful everyday for our animal friends who grace our lives with their unconditional love. :BigSmile:

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Good morning everyone,

Well said!! :ThumbsUp: