Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Humans with Cats with Diarrhea

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I hate to be a party pooper (bad pun, I know) but I do want families with sick kitties to keep in the back of their minds that some of the causes can effect humans as well. Giardia can definitely sicken humans as poor Candys has reminded us. Tritrichomonas foetus is thought to be an unlikely cause of diarrhea in humans, but it can be transmitted. On the brighter side, coccidiosis in cats does not affect humans. And we all know about toxoplasmosis from cats.

Let us all be diarrhea free!:BigSmile:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:Badly: reminds me of te show we watched last night on animal planet, monsters inside me.
Yuk talk about having trouble sleeping.

Just the commercials for that show scare the heck outta me! I am naturally paranoid anyway, I don't need to watch that!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Yup I will probably skip it for a while, It was not really monsters just worms and parasites, it made my skin crawl.

Eeewwww...:Badly2:....I was hoping no one would say "worms" ...:Badly:....I had a very bad experience with a cat who vomitted live ones.....:Badly:.<shudder shudder>

Instead I prefer to think of them as little animated monsters that can be danced away by Yo Gabba Gabba :Laugh:

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
VERY good point! And your DOGS can also pick up giardia from drinking from streams and water while outdoors- so it's something where, you might have a completely clean household and then Fido brings it in.

Back