Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

hunger strike

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
Well, not really a hunger strike...I'm being dramatic.

Haji goes CRAZY for his wet food, which he gets in the morning (he always has kibble available).
He may not eat it right away, but wait a few hours. I think it's because he doesn't like it a refrigerator temp and prefers it room temp.

The past 3 days I've come home from work and he hasn't eaten it!
Maybe he's just not hungry for it?
Everything else with his is status quo....

Brooke

Banned
It's not unusual for cats to suddenly decide they don't like a particular food. I had that happen a lot when I was feeding commercial raw food. They'd love it for weeks and then suddenly turn their noses up at it.

It's also not unusual for food companies to change their ingredients, or change the company that supplies one or more of their ingredients, so Haji might be noticing a difference in the food that he doesn't like. You could call the manufacturer to see if anything has changed.

It's also possible that that lot or batch of food is bad. Their senses are a lot more powerful than ours when it comes to sniffing out bad food and they won't eat it.

He's still eating his kibble, right? You might try offering him a different brand of wet food and see if he's interested in something new. It's a good idea to feed wet food if you can get him to eat it.

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
He's been hanging ou in his cave alot...it's cold in WI and he cave is heated, so I imagine by the time he rises himself in the morning the food might have been out a while.

He's eating kibble and drinking like a champ and also helping himself to the food on my plate.

Maybe it's just a bad can,.... could very well be. I'm not really worried, just an odd behavior as he's been so predictable with eating...

lexin77

Lairian
When its cold in the house and I don't leave the heater on during the day, Ripley will not eat her food either.
She waits until I come home, turn on the heater, and replace the food with new food.
Haji is probably just comfy in his cave and doesn't want to bear the cold. By the time he does, like you said, he wants new.
Do you give him wet at night? Does he eat it?

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sorry to get off topic, but where would one find a heated cave? Is it just what it sounds like?? I am intrigued!

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Every now and then Mug-Y will turn his nose up and not eat his food and it's seems to be because he doesn't like the flavour...if it's got shrimp in he won't eat it! I then have to find another flavour and he's fine!! Such fickle beasts!!

X

gizmo6370

Banned
It's not unusual for cats to suddenly decide they don't like a particular food. I had that happen a lot when I was feeding commercial raw food. They'd love it for weeks and then suddenly turn their noses up at it.

Same here...first they like something so much...you can burried them in it....few weeks later.....nobody wants anything to do with it :Dizzy: silly creatures :Wink:

Back