Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hungry Sphynx

Nic4549

Lairian
My little Cleo is 9 months old. Still very tiny, but has a huge appetite. She is on prescription food due to a sensitive stomach and will throw up if her stomach becomes too upset. But we find her eating any human food she can find. Her newest trick is to get on the counters and eat whatever she can find. Recently her newest obsession is ice cream. Since she is the first naked baby I have owned, is this pretty common?

Sheldon13

Staff member
I think a lot of kittens do this, but it does seem to get worse if they aren’t getting everything they need in their diet. That could be down to the food, allergies or even trouble in their gut.

What steps are you taking to make sure she does not get into the people food? I have shut my boy in the bedroom during dinner before.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Nic4549

Lairian
I think a lot of kittens do this, but it does seem to get worse if they aren’t getting everything they need in their diet. That could be down to the food, allergies or even trouble in their gut.

What steps are you taking to make sure she does not get into the people food? I have shut my boy in the bedroom during dinner before.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need
Thanks!! At this time, we are making sure the counters are clean all the time. I am teaching my little one not to feed Cleo. It is so hard with kids.

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I agree just keep the counters and Benchtops and sinks clean so they can’t eat or lick which gives them vomit and diarrhoea. Stick with the sensitive food to. We are in the same boat here. Sensitive stomachs.

Natalie Murphy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My little man is a demon for food too. He is 13 months and has started to really grow fast and fill out in the last 2 months. Not fat but he is becoming adult size. Like teenagers they become ravenous.
He will jump on my shoulder and grab the food before it gets into my mouth. I had him under control until we visited friends who feed him from the table. At home I have a cat wheel and always give him a reward of a few kibble treats if he runs. I have an automatic feeder to monitor his intake . So now if he is hungry he runs on his wheel for extra food, which is his regular food nothing too exciting
I also started making him his own ice cream with chicken stock and little bits of chicken in an ice cube tray for the summer. The chicken stock melts very quickly in his dish but he still gets a touch of brainfreeze Which doesn't stop him eating

The kitchen door needs to be closed when I cook and eat. I also use my clothing horse as a security gate He has learnt the kitchen is the source of all good things to eat

Misty Lee 123

Lairian
I have a 14 month old Sphynx who is a sleuth for human scraps, like a dog. She’s very healthy and no stomach problems. We keep the benches and sink clean and prevent her when and where we can! At the very least we ensure there’s nothing toxic to cats left lying around in case she tests it out. She has been known to open cupboards and nibble through packets like a rat ...
Not uncommon behaviour as far as I have heard! For Sphynx that is...

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sphynx kittens have the biggest appetites I've ever seen. I always say I started making cat food because the Sphynxes would have eaten me out of house and home :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Back