Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hypocrite

SylvrTitoijava

Lairian
I have this human that needs rehoming.
He's old, balding and helps run the local Pflag chapter.

At the Pflag holiday party last night, we all played a game called Step In.
Everyone stands in a circle and each person (going clock wise) steps in to the circle a little bit further and says "step in if.... (fill in the blank)" Of course it has to be someting the speaker has done or likes.
When it was my turn I said " Step in if you've ever petted a hairless cat"
To which many people scrunched up their faces or said eww. Especially the BALDING! human that needs rehoming! Comments about how not right that was filled the room until I stated, quite loudly, that my cat was hairless. Everyone but the human in question politely shut up, he however said that I should keep that cat far away from him!.

:Angry::Angry::Angry:

I had the resounding urge to point out the fact that my Sphynx probably had more hair than he did!

I never thought I'd be this defensive of my Smoothie-Kitty
Having a Sphynx changes you.

pooner

Banned
:Angry:
What a mean guy!
:Angry:

I find that people who act like that have never even met a sphynx and have no clue what they are talking about or how offensive they are!

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
isn't is amazing how defensive we get about our BABIES!!! i would kick someone's a$$!! and i dont balme you AT ALL for being so upset! **hugs**

tessblack

Banned
Like everything else in life people are just not comfortable with things that are not the norm. People, animals, beliefs etc. Once they are around one they sure to change there minds!

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My old math teacher was kind of like that...(this was before i even had Abby, but I talked about sphynx's a lot because they are awsome) He said it was horibal what they do to them, how they scientificaly mutate their genes and what not...and I was like um no actualy it was a natural mutation....nature did it...because nature is awsome!

NakedNinja

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yep!

I'm usually a fairly quiet, polite person. However, last week in the check-out line I was chatting with the cashier about Gabriel. As I picked up my bags and walked away, the lady who had been in line behind me exclaimed "OH! I hate those things, they're SO ugly!"

Normally, I would just ignore it, but her tone really got to me. So over my shoulder I said "Don't call my baby ugly you stupid **** or I'll kick your ***!"

I thought hub was going to pee his pants on the spot, he was laughing so hard.

pooner

Banned
Yep!

I'm usually a fairly quiet, polite person. However, last week in the check-out line I was chatting with the cashier about Gabriel. As I picked up my bags and walked away, the lady who had been in line behind me exclaimed "OH! I hate those things, they're SO ugly!"

Normally, I would just ignore it, but her tone really got to me. So over my shoulder I said "Don't call my baby ugly you stupid **** or I'll kick your ***!"

I thought hub was going to pee his pants on the spot, he was laughing so hard.
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Wow, I am surprised at you!!! :ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:
What did the lady do? Did she pee her pants?? :Laugh::Laugh:

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My old math teacher was kind of like that...(this was before i even had Abby, but I talked about sphynx's a lot because they are awsome) He said it was horibal what they do to them, how they scientificaly mutate their genes and what not...and I was like um no actualy it was a natural mutation....nature did it...because nature is awsome!

YOUR ARE KIDDING.......WHAT A TARD!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

danimcd

Lairian
i am getting min in january, but i constanly brag at work about hem! yes brag... and ya most people scrunch their faces and make some sort of ugly comment, but i don't care cause I LOVE THEM!

but this one guy ( who is overweight, not on people's sexiest man alive cover, and has the IQ of a peanut, and that's being generous) says " ew, how could you ever love something so ugly"!!!

i looked at him and said... " i don't know... ask your wife how she manages to love you.!"

F U ahole!!!!! :Cool:

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
i am getting min in january, but i constanly brag at work about hem! yes brag... and ya most people scrunch their faces and make some sort of ugly comment, but i don't care cause I LOVE THEM!

but this one guy ( who is overweight, not on people's sexiest man alive cover, and has the IQ of a peanut, and that's being generous) says " ew, how could you ever love something so ugly"!!!

i looked at him and said... " i don't know... ask your wife how she manages to love you.!"

lol D-bag got owned!!!:LOL:

x0jules0x

Lairian

I LOVE IT!!!!! that was great!!! ugh some people amaze me..

harperc

Lairian

HAHA! That is a great comeback! We have glass sliding office doors at work where people always tape their 2 legged babies pictures up.. Chloe is up on mine. No one has ever said anything at work.... BUT, at the fire station, it is totally different... She gets called creepy cat. :( Maybe we will stop by one night and show the guys how cute she really is. (They're really just jealous!!)

Back