Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I always take both babies never just 1 Do You?

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Just wondering what others do. When I go to the vet etc I always take Jack and Maizie together in the carrier. I am so afraid it will be too stressful for them if I just take one. Maybe it is because they are siblings and sight impaired that they seem so dependent on each other. They have to know where each other is all the time. Am I alone in this? Opinions?

PitRottMommy

Banned
Just wondering what others do. When I go to the vet etc I always take Jack and Maizie together in the carrier. I am so afraid it will be too stressful for them if I just take one. Maybe it is because they are siblings and sight impaired that they seem so dependent on each other. They have to know where each other is all the time. Am I alone in this? Opinions?

I've found both through work and in my daily career that the more one houses pets together without any break from one another, the more they become dependent upon each other. In essence, the less frequently they're separated...the more likely they will be stressed if taken to separate visits or on trips. The most important thing to consider here is the added stress of never being separated from a "family member" when it comes to requiring hospitalization for anything...the pet is hindered that much more through stress of separation in addition to being ill.

I, generally, take everyone together when it comes to vaccinations. However, I will take a single pet with me to work/petstore/etc. Its good for them to get out and experience the world on their own without a sibling. And this happens best when the chance is presented early in life.

Last edited:

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Pitt mom I can see where this would be true. I have had the guys for 2 months and don't think they were ever apart except spay/neuter. Even then there were other cats in breeders home. I haven't taken them out socially as they tend to be skittish and are just now letting me pick them up and hold them for very long. They are very affectionate but on their terms. Maizie is my shadow but startles easily. I don't think they were handled enuf when they were little. They are starting to become more social but it will be a process. They are definitely more reserved than my last sphynx. I don't think they will ever be really comfortable going out much. I guess I will just have to get another one so there will always be company when I have to take 1.lol I actually wouldn't mind a calm adult if there was a rescue situation out there...if anyone hears of one let me know.

Back