Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I am baffled, can anyone help?

Blueyz

Lairian
Hi all, I am the proud mother of two little girls who came into my family's life a little over two months ago. They were rescued from a garbage can, so I have limited information about them prior to them getting to us. They were both spayed and chipped the month they were found. I dont know how none of us noticed before, especially seeing as I bathe them once a week, but one of my girls has a scar on her abdomen. It isn't the scar so much that is baffling, as the colour of the scar... Turquoise. It doesn't appear to have been a deep cut, nor does it look like stitches were involved, it's the colour that is throwing me for a loop. Has anyone got a clue if this is normal? There is no swelling, soreness, redness nor odour...

image.jpg
image.jpg

curlysue

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
If I didn't know better I would say it looks like a tattoo line. I use to work for a couple that tattooed k-9 German Sheppard ears before they went to training and it was that color.

Blueyz

Lairian
Interesting, thanks! No chance of her ever being lost again, plus, both girls are chipped. I just want to make sure Kenzie is ok.

Cheers!

Blueyz

Lairian
If I didn't know better I would say it looks like a tattoo line. I use to work for a couple that tattooed k-9 German Sheppard ears before they went to training and it was that color.
Pardon my ignorance, but why would anyone tattoo a German Sheppard's ears?

Okay, I just got it. My bad. I'm harbouring a cold, my brain is obviously still half dead!!!

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you. I have never seen this. It don't look like a scar from being spayed.
But, if you are sure, they, have been spayed and this, is, the only place, on her stomach, then, it, must be
what it is. Maybe someone here with this same experience will chime in.
You say they was found in a trash can? My goodness, cruel people. Are they healthy? Glad, you have them and they
will have a home, where they are wanted and will receive love and spoiling.

zoinks

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
http://www.aspcapro.org/tip-of-the-week-tat%e2%80%99s-all-folks

Here's a link on the subject. It is one of the techniques used to indicate the animal has been spayed. The ink makes it more obvious as scars can fade and are more difficult to find on furrier cats. Yes, a sphynx is unlikely to become a stray but you never know. They can be escape artists!

curlysue

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Pardon my ignorance, but why would anyone tattoo a German Sheppard's ears?

Okay, I just got it. My bad. I'm harbouring a cold, my brain is obviously still half dead!!!

LOL no worries!! It was to identify the dogs. They were very expensive and came from Germany. Most of the dogs (once trained) worked for the LAPD and VCPD. I have to say they were very smart dogs but the biggest babies when it came to them being away from there officer.

Hope you feel better :)

Blueyz

Lairian
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you. I have never seen this. It don't look like a scar from being spayed.
But, if you are sure, they, have been spayed and this, is, the only place, on her stomach, then, it, must be
what it is. Maybe someone here with this same experience will chime in.
You say they was found in a trash can? My goodness, cruel people. Are they healthy? Glad, you have them and they
will have a home, where they are wanted and will receive love and spoiling.
Thank you! What a lovely group we have here! Yes, sometimes I don't like people at all. Then again, the alternative to them being put in a trash can is unthinkable, so I am grateful for that. Other than being terrified, both girls had bad infections in both eyes. Hunter, my other baby unfortunately had to have one of her eyes removed. They were filthy, and both had really bad tarter. They saw the dentist, opthomologist and all the other ists they could and are now in perfect health. They are the most loving, intelligent cats I've ever seen. I don't know if it's because they were together for that traumatic time, but Hunter loves hugging her sister and us too...
image.jpg

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thank you! What a lovely group we have here! Yes, sometimes I don't like people at all. Then again, the alternative to them being put in a trash can is unthinkable, so I am grateful for that. Other than being terrified, both girls had bad infections in both eyes. Hunter, my other baby unfortunately had to have one of her eyes removed. They were filthy, and both had really bad tarter. They saw the dentist, opthomologist and all the other ists they could and are now in perfect health. They are the most loving, intelligent cats I've ever seen. I don't know if it's because they were together for that traumatic time, but Hunter loves hugging her sister and us too... View attachment 53866
Aw, how precious. I just don't understand how people can be so cruel. So, glad you have them.

Blueyz

Lairian
http://www.aspcapro.org/tip-of-the-week-tat%e2%80%99s-all-folks

Here's a link on the subject. It is one of the techniques used to indicate the animal has been spayed. The ink makes it more obvious as scars can fade and are more difficult to find on furrier cats. Yes, a sphynx is unlikely to become a stray but you never know. They can be escape artists!
I just got the chance to check the link you sent. That is so interesting, thank you so much. That's exactly what it is! You're the best!

Elaina

Lairian
Glad everyone helped you get to the bottom of it! They sound very lucky to have been given a new chance at life with thanks to you. :)

SphynxMom1993

Lairian
They are darling! The blue line is showing they are spayed. They do it on both dogs and cats at many clinics in TN. It's hard to tell many females have been spayed so it saves and unnecessary surgery.