Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I am SO ANNOYED !!

Morticia

Lairian
I have to vent before I burst into tears....

2010 sucked big time, except for getting Morticia she's my world :)

I'm Portuguese (living in London UK) and we celebrate Xmas on the 24th not on the 25th, we have a huge meal and open presents at midnight.

Believe it or not, I have to work on the 24th till 18h00 !!! I work part time in a travel agency (VIPs only) and no contact to the public, it's a call centre.

I asked my boss to bring Morticia, it's Xmas and will be very quiet and I don't want to leave Morticia home alone during Xmas :ThumbsDown: They said "no" !!! :Angry: it's against health and regulation... hold on a second... people can go to work with flu and spread all the germs to everyone and I can't bring Morticia and keep her in my kitty pod most of the time (I know her and she would dose off all the time and you won't even notice she's there!). Or I've had a couple of occasions where the bosses had to bring their children to work because they couldn't find a babysitter or the day care is closed.

What they are doing to me is just NOT FAIR !!!

My fiance and I broke up last week and I'm really upset, sad and angry that I'm not spending the day with my little girl... she's all I have now... :Cry::Cry::Cry:

Last edited:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear this just keep your chin up, just make your own christmas when you get home and change the time. Maybe your boss will change his mind.
Sorry about your BF god men can be stupid! Just remember what is meant to be will be and if it was not meant to be you are better off!

AmazonGoddess

Lairian
Sending you a big hug. I'm sad for you that you are going through all this, especially at this time of year. Just remember, Christmas doesn't have to be a specific time ... it's about what's in your heart and HOW you celebrate. Make your Christmas (and Morticia's!) a little different this year. It'll still be about being with the one you love.

As for your ex-fiance. Bah. Don't let him destroy the season for you. He's the one losing out. Be strong enough to be happy.

Merry Christmas and know there are folks all over the world thinking of you.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
just make your own christmas when you get home

Just remember, Christmas doesn't have to be a specific time ... it's about what's in your heart and HOW you celebrate.

I couldn't have said it better.

I'm sorry for all the sadness you're feeling. Hang in there. It will pass with each snuggle with Morticia.

Gizzymom

Banned
Sending you a big hug. I'm sad for you that you are going through all this, especially at this time of year. Just remember, Christmas doesn't have to be a specific time ... it's about what's in your heart and HOW you celebrate. Make your Christmas (and Morticia's!) a little different this year. It'll still be about being with the one you love.

As for your ex-fiance. Bah. Don't let him destroy the season for you. He's the one losing out. Be strong enough to be happy.

I agree!! Just celebrate another day... It's not ideal, but I'm sure Morticia won't mind!! :Wink:
Or...... :Whistle:..... Are you working alone? And can you sneak her in??? I do not condone breaking the rules... but it was just a thought that came into my delinquent mind.....:Hysterical:
And as far as the man... His loss! I'm sure your naked baby brings you more happiness anyway!!!

I hope you have a wonderful holiday despite the hiccups:ThumbsUp:

susi794

Staff member
Also sending you a big hug--Morticia will wait for you to get home...unlike your BF, she is loyal. So sorry you are sad--but may you enjoy the blessings of the season anyway. We care about you.

Morticia

Lairian
Or...... :Whistle:..... Are you working alone? And can you sneak her in??? I do not condone breaking the rules... but it was just a thought that came into my delinquent mind.....:Hysterical:

I usually work from home = I'm a photographer but I also have this part time job.
No, I'm not there alone otherwise I wouldn't even ask for permission :Wink:

I guess you guys are right, I will have the 25th to celebrate Xmas with my little one :Smile:

I've had the same problem with Alice. I always want to bring her with me when I go places. She's my world too, so I want her to be with me. But it's always "against health regulations" and it pisses me off. Kids and babies are somehow less gross than a cat? Really. No offense to anyone with kids, but some kids are just nasty.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I totally empathize with your traditions getting screwed up because of your work schedule. I work night shifts (5 pm to 5:30 am) in a hospital and have to work every other holiday. I've learned that the day of the calendar doesn't make a holiday; the spending of time with loved ones is what makes a day special. And that can be celebrated on any day.

I'm sorry you broke up with your fiance. Try to be optimistic and think of it as saving the money of a divorce plus a whole lot of future heartbreak. You'll both be better off in the long run. It may not seem like it now but it really is true.

tessblack

Banned
So sorry to hear about you engagement. I know it is hard now but things will get better and hopefully it will be for the best.
As for your boss just celebrate on the 25th, it is just a day. I know I travel a lot and miss birthdays and holidays a lot, it sucks but it is not just about the day.

Hope you have a great day with your kitty.

NakedNinja

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I've had the same problem with Alice. I always want to bring her with me when I go places. She's my world too, so I want her to be with me. But it's always "against health regulations" and it pisses me off. Kids and babies are somehow less gross than a cat? Really. No offense to anyone with kids, but some kids are just nasty.

This.

I would love to be able to take Gabe everywhere with me. But apparently my clean, quiet, hairless, non-shedding, declawed (not my choice), vaccinated, gentle angel of a cat is more of an annoyance and health hazard than the shrieking, snot-nosed 2-year-old at the table next to me in the restaurant, or the little monster who thinks it's hilarious to ram his mom's grocery cart into my heels, or the little darling who clearly has the flu, and insists on coughing on me?

Oh well, PetSmart and the bank let him visit.

Personally, dear, I'd much rather spend my holiday with my cat than hubby. He's been a bit of a jerk lately, LOL! Spend a quiet 25th curled up with your darling. Watch an old holiday movie together. She'll be waiting for you when you get off work, full of love and happiness to see her mommy!

So sorry to hear about your breakup. It's difficult and even more so this time of year.

As for work, I don't understand why Morticia can't come in when people can bring their kids in! I guess coming in and sneezing all over your bosses desk is not a health issue. :LOL:

Go home and celebrate with Morticia after work or celebrate on the 25th! Mark this time a as new beginning for the both of you and start your own Christmas traditions!

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Great advice every body.:ThumbsUp:I wish I could take my baby to work but my boss is a diva and she would come unglued if I brought my cat to work. :Angry:
Anyway - Have a super fantastic Holiday with your wrinkled one. :Smile:

Back