Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I Apologize to all Sphynxlair members!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I am not one to be a big Facebook user,

But recently due to yet again childish bashing trying to stick up for my site and it's members, I have been busy with what I have finally come to the conclusion is a never ending unheartly battle.
I am done trying to defend myself from the evil of jealous envious SELFISH people on Facebook, and I am apologizing if any of you who frequent Facebook have seen these horrible scrollings left on peoples wall degrading such a great loving community here on Sphynxlair and it's members.
Again,
I just want to apologize ahead of time if by chance you come across this mess. Sorry.......:Angry::Cry:

"Charity Becker It is absolutely pathetic. It shows how very much they need to be "the" Sphynx place. They don't understand that their own actions and their own insecurities give a bad name to the breed as a whole. Thankfully, there are enough good, HONEST people with their hearts and souls fully emerged in the Sphynx community that the bad SL is doing is far outweighed by the GOOD.
Login | Facebook
Thanks,
Tom and Heather

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Heather, it is a waste of your good time and energy. I for one do not understand why some ppl use so much energy being negative. Those of us here know the real truth and love it here. We all appreciate yours and Admins worth and all you expend to keep this site going. No worries on others opinions. n Sphynx Lair Rocks!:ThumbsUp:

bean406

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Some people just aren't worth the time and effort. Sometimes rising above and ignoring people is the best thing to do. It's empowering to be the better person. Sorry you are having to deal with drama.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys,
I guess this garbage just comes in phases? I know some of you are friends with us on Facebook, and we did not want you to be surprised if you see this junk on our page.

I can't wait until its over! Its like it goes away then"pops" back up! Again our deepest apologies, it's embarrassing to say the least!

Gizzymom

Banned
I saw it in the beginning (obviously), but I decided to rise above it and just not look anymore... so after I saw your post, I was curious. It's funny that they mention that we always bash and talk about them on this forum...What??:LOL:
We have moved on to talk about real life.. people getting new sphynx, Candy Cane nursing again, Nudie's glamour shots (LOL), Namir, Darwin's cat show....just to name a few... Yet they are still on the same link b****ing about the same stuff!!!

I'm sorry... but Charity is pathetic and toxic!

And the two of you have nothing to apologize for... You cannot control how immature other people are. But I agree with bean406... I think you should ignore them from now on. They will just keep going and going as long as they are getting a rise out of you. Let them rot in their own hatred and negativity while we rise above it all.:Laugh:

All of us here... (except maybe a lurker or two) love the two of you and LOVE Sphynx Lair!!!!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OMG I just read this from your link:
Charity Becker
‎~nod~ Brooke, they've done this to MANY people. I wasn't banned, but I did cause an uproar when I approached the denizens and asked for advice as began my journey into researching breeding the Sphynx cat. They attempted to rip me a new ass...hole, but I'm not one to let the opinions and ignorance of others affect me ~smile~

I can't reply, as they are NOT on my friends list, but the problem was she was considering breeding Gummi's sister! This is a kitten of unknown origins, plus she had given her word, as all of us who were lucky enough to adopt these kittens did, they she would NOT breed them! Shannon did a wonderful thing placing the kittens where she felt they would benefit with NO adoption fees, just a promise to NOT breed, then this idiot posts about wanting to breed the kitten almost as soon as she got it in her possession!:Angry::Angry:

Yeah this loser is not worth the time to respond~ Though I still wish I could, lol:Laugh:

Gizzymom

Banned
OMG I just read this from your link:
Charity Becker
‎~nod~ Brooke, they've done this to MANY people. I wasn't banned, but I did cause an uproar when I approached the denizens and asked for advice as began my journey into researching breeding the Sphynx cat. They attempted to rip me a new ass...hole, but I'm not one to let the opinions and ignorance of others affect me ~smile~

I can't reply, as they are NOT on my friends list, but the problem was she was considering breeding Gummi's sister! This is a kitten of unknown origins, plus she had given her word, as all of us who were lucky enough to adopt these kittens did, they she would NOT breed them! Shannon did a wonderful thing placing the kittens where she felt they would benefit with NO adoption fees, just a promise to NOT breed, then this idiot posts about wanting to breed the kitten almost as soon as she got it in her possession!:Angry::Angry:

Yeah this loser is not worth the time to respond~ Though I still wish I could, lol:Laugh:

If you are talking about Shannon Smith (not sure if it's the same one), she has been bashing SL as well.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm not a facebook person but no matter how bad people make this place out to be, I know the truth! The lair is a community of loving, generous, informative, fashionable, caring, funny, helpful and honest people. Most of all the lair is my second family and I will not tolerate anyone who thinks otherwise! Admin & ilovemysphynx: thank you again for changing my life for the better:ThumbsUp:

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have seen it and thought it was getting very 'Highschool.' :Dizzy:

The best thing to do is just draw a line under it and ignore. The one person is toxic and such a 'charming' member of society that they aren't even worth replying too, the bickering and childishness could go back and forth forever, so just say enough is enough and move on.

For what it's worth I love this site, I love all the members that post, you have a great thing going on (like a big international family) and I think you two can be the bigger person here and not waste another second on the drama (which is taking away from the true cause behind the donations etc: our love of the breed.) :ThumbsUp:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Haha, they are not MY friends, but are Gummi's, geez, my cat has more "friends" than I do! and Yep, I let my redneck roots show and posted a comment. Probably shouldn't have, you can't argue with ignorance, and frankly if it were an all bashing session, I wouldn't have, but there was ONE person (jacky) making sense and she was all alone for Charity to attack, so I thought I'd be helpful and draw the spotlight off of her for a minute, lol

BTW~ No it's not Shannon. Shannon gave me my Gummi Bare, and regardless of what may have transpired between her and others, I am indebted to her for allowing this beautiful girl to be in my life.

Gizzymom

Banned
Haha, they are not MY friends, but are Gummi's, geez, my cat has more "friends" than I do! and Yep, I let my redneck roots show and posted a comment. Probably shouldn't have, you can't argue with ignorance, and frankly if it were an all bashing session, I wouldn't have, but there was ONE person (jacky) making sense and she was all alone for Charity to attack, so I thought I'd be helpful and draw the spotlight off of her for a minute, lol

BTW~ No it's not Shannon. Shannon gave me my Gummi Bare, and regardless of what may have transpired between her and others, I am indebted to her for allowing this beautiful girl to be in my life.

That was me getting bashed (Jody).... but trust me... I can handle Charity... :LOL:
But thanks for having my back... I wanted to say something about that, as I had read those threads on here... but did not feel it was place, as I was not on SL then!
Funny though!!! I hope she is not breeding that poor baby...

Harry Spotter

Lairian
I don't FB, so I have no idea what is going on over there. I love this site and all the support I have been given when I rescued Daisie. This site has wealth of resources and valuable information for Sphynx owners. This is a great site. Thank you!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Ahhhhh,
utter silence! Daaaah, i didn't know you could block people! If i could of done this long ago i would be happy right now!!! I blocked them!!:Cool: They will not be happy I'm sure, nothing to gossip about!:Laugh: I know i should not have played their childish games except it was lies and hurt our feelings, be gone with them now!:LOL:

Jennifer

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
ya I would say this sounds like high school. What a bunch of assh%*s. Don't let these simple minded idiots wreck your day. I love it here. I would have been here a long time ago but I had password issues . Everyone here is fabulouse and we enjoy our little community.

susi794

Staff member
Well....you ALL know how I feel about the Lair. Heather and Tom, you don't have ONE THING to apololgize for that I can see. I don't understand why those people have to be so venomous. No one was bashing them here--no one was even metioning them that I ever saw. Frankly they aren't worth the trouble.
Susi

Ahhhhh,
utter silence! Daaaah, i didn't know you could block people! If i could of done this long ago i would be happy right now!!! I blocked them!!:Cool: They will not be happy I'm sure, nothing to gossip about!:Laugh: I know i should not have played their childish games except it was lies and hurt our feelings, be gone with them now!:LOL:

I'm so glad you discovered this... I was getting ready to ask why you didn't just remove them from your friend's list or block them :Wink:

Life's too short to waste on negativity; you're obviously conducting yourselves with dignity along with a compassion and love for the breed, and we as members of your community have only benefited from your efforts.

As a member of other online forums, I have to say that the members of SL are the most civil, compassionate individuals who conduct themselves with integrity and decorum over any others I have ever seen on the web.

Thank you for providing a community that is truly in support of the betterment of the breed!​

pooner

Banned
I did see something going on on facebook but, I just recently became regularly active on the Lair so I don't know who these people are or the back story. All I know is I enjoy the Lair and I don't know why anyone would hate a forum so much. I've never seen anything bad going on in the discussions.
Some people just seek out negativity. I'm sorry you are having so much drama.

Back