Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I blamed my husband!

lpotter

Lairian
For the last couple of weeks, I've noticed that someone hasn't been flushing the toilet after using it. This is a new one in our home. We all have courteous bathroom habits. Well, the mystery was solved this morning. While getting ready for work, I hear peeing, turn around and see my sphynx "Domino" with his rear end hanging over the toilet! Now if I could just teach him to flush!

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:LOL::LOL: That's fantastic!! A self toilet training sphynx! :LOL::LOL:

I'm sure there are those on here who are toilet training who will be a little jealous of that!!:LOL:

X

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
what?! He taught himself to pee?? Can I borrow him for a week so he can teach Kreacher?

holly_savage

Banned
that is awesome...I'm thinking of training Hibou to do that too

The pros and cons of a toilet trained cat...

CONS: little cat poops and pees left in the toilet

PROS: no more litter box scooping, changing, dumping, washing...

Hmmmm...it seems like a no brainer...does anyone else have any pros and cons they'd like to share?

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's amazing!
I tried toilet training, but I have too many! one would catch on, one would shred the TP one knocked over the trashcan, and one pooped on the floor! I gave up, lol

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My only CON is that I only have one toilet/bathroom in my house, the thought of a visitor asking to use the bathroom and walking in to find Mo perched on the seat 'using the facilities' would be a bit unfortunate!

susi794

Staff member
OMG, Laurie! Domino did that for real???? Why can't his mama or daddy or siblings do that too?

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My only CON is that I only have one toilet/bathroom in my house, the thought of a visitor asking to use the bathroom and walking in to find Mo perched on the seat 'using the facilities' would be a bit unfortunate!

Not unfortunate, Hilarious!!:LOL::LOL:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
that is awesome...I'm thinking of training Hibou to do that too

The pros and cons of a toilet trained cat...

CONS: little cat poops and pees left in the toilet

PROS: no more litter box scooping, changing, dumping, washing...

Hmmmm...it seems like a no brainer...does anyone else have any pros and cons they'd like to share?

I got a major con. It's darn near impossible! Well, maybe not but I'm sure it wouldn't be very easy.

Here's another con. Little boy cats would leave the seat up! hahhaehhahe:LOL:

J

Jinxlover

:LOL::LOL::Hysterical::LOL::LOL:
Lets hope they are cat lovers...LOL.

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
That's amazing!
I tried toilet training, but I have too many! one would catch on, one would shred the TP one knocked over the trashcan, and one pooped on the floor! I gave up, lol

:LOL::LOL::LOL: I can totally picture that!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Way to go:ThumbsUp: I can only imagine the look on your face when you found the cat going on the potty!:BigSmile: and the look on your husbands face when he found out he was being blamed all because you have a smart kitty:LOL:
I hope your are off to get a special treat for this one. I would just love it if ours would do that, but the teaching part is just to much for me.
I would love to have company and say oh you have to wait Leo is using the potty:LOL::LOL::LOL: Even better if it would be a ****tail night:Woo:

tessblack

Banned
Well it is not impossible but it is patient and stressful. The one con is Tux keeps wanting to scratch in the water. When I got them to the last stage the first few days went great but then Twitch did not want to poop on there and was holding it and then would poop at the back of the toilet. A guy at work mad us a carbon seat cover that fits over our seat so we can still have guests. you just take the seat off and then it is a regular toilet. They are doing well on it so far.

Back