Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I could not sleep at all last night

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Ok this is crazy but am I the only one with this problem, our male sphynx leo loves to sleep under the covers as close as he can get to me, this is very cute and I know he loves me and wants to keep warm but now that it is not so cold at night,he is making me sweat so much that I can not sleep. If I move he just ajusts and curls back up on me then my female Athena curls up on top of the blanket and then to try to roll over is hard and I feel like I am stuck in a straight jacket. I love my cats very very much and they love to sleep in our bed so I do not want to lock them out of our room, but sleep means alot to me I do not do well without it! All that and I might add the dog licking her paw next to the bed, so that woke me when I did dose off. I really do love my pets what do I do?:tinysmile_angry2_t:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh lordy. I had the same problem with ButterBall. It was murder! I swear he's a little portable heater. I would wake up soaking wet. Ugh. Well anyway, I think I solved it. This worked for me. I put a kitty bed on top of my bed. Then I give ButterBall enough blanket to cover himself up. We both really seem to prefer this sleeping arrangement. After about an hour or two he gets hot and sleeps on top of the blanket. Now all I have to worry about is him trying to wake me up by laying on my neck and setting his purr motor to overdrive. Then nibbling on my ear.

You know what that little booger did last night? I keep a big glass and a small glass of water next to my bed. I always just had one glass of water until ButterBall started drinking out of it. So I put a small glass for him. ButterBall decided he was thirsty so he went to my glass of water. Not his glass but my glass. Well, it's a pretty big glass so ButterBall decided he was going to move it for easier access. He knocked it over. Spilled freezing cold water all over me and the bed. That little knucklehead.

silly4lilly

Lairian
my kitty River does the same exact thing. he has to be right up next to my stomach and he makes me so hot at night. but i feel bad kicking him out of the room. plus, i know he will sit at the door crying. its so funny how a lot of sphynx's have the same personality.

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
After a while you will get used to it, I sleep with 200 lbs of dog on me & when I am away from them I can't sleep without the weight on top of me. When Fuzz was here he slept on my chest, my one dog lays across my stomach & the other lays across my legs.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
When Meecho was a younger she loved to sleep around my neck and up against my cheek and it used to kill me. Then she kinda grew out of and started to sleep under the covers by my feet. Recently she has gone back to sleeping pushed against my face and nose and I missed it so much that I don't have the heart to move her now.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Ok last night was better I think I was just cranky but at least I don't have A 200 pound dog on me, or A glass of water spilled on me! I would never make them leave my bed but summer is going to be tough.

sassyskye79

Lairian
Oh those little heat seeking missiles.....I too have had the same problem. Go buy a heated blanket! It is a life Saver!!! Just make sure to wrap it in a devet cover or sheet...my jazelle likes to lick it then get sick with a hair ball.. So that is why I wrap it now. She has her little corner in the bedroom and I just keep it on low all the time for her. She loves it and does not bother me at night for warmth anymore.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
That is A good idea I use A heated blanket when we have kittens but never thought to use it on A regular basis for mom and dad. I guess I really don't mind keeping them warm. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

streakin

Lairian
Oh yes I know how you feel! It's been exceptionally hot in the bed recently, especially since my fan broke, grrr, and I am usually always hot anyways. I've mainly just had to get used to it, but I've found that this works best: I sleep with both a sheet and comforter, and I pull the sheet up to my chin so he can't work his way under, but then he goes between the sheet and comforter. So he is still laying on me, but not directly so we dont get all sweaty. For the first couple weeks I couldn't sleep either, also worrying I would roll over and squish him, but we've figured out the sleeping pattern now so I finally get rest!

Rhubarb

Lairian
We have the same situation with Buffy....she wants to curl up right next to whatever piece of exposed skin she can find. We finally figured out that it works best if she stays at the bottom of the bed near our feet and it only took two nights of tossing her out of bed when she would crawl up towards the head of the bed. She learned that as long as she stays down near our feet she doesn't get kicked out and now she is perfectly happy to curl up with our feet and it doesn't make us so hot! This was our first winter with her and I am curious to see if she curls up with us as the weather warms up. She tries and tries and tries to curl up with our chow mix but our dog doesn't like to be licked (particularly on her feet) and once Buffy gets comfortable the licking is on like nobody's business.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I suffer from hypothyroidism (one of its symptoms is feeling cold all the time), so I actually appreciate my Piglet wanting to sleep close to me. She likes to snuggle up underneath the covers between my arm and torso (right under my armpit), so that she gets the body heat all over...LOL! My problem is that I also have two Siamese that like to cuddle close to me underneath the covers, too. A lot of times, I am pinned to a awkward position on the bed by THREE cats seeking warmth...LOL!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
It's funny how everybody has to adjust to their cat's sleeping habits!. Do we own them or do they own us?
LOL!

Back