Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

I don't want my kitties to burn their paws...

I'm so excited to bring home my little Sphynx loves in just a few weeks and have been taking all the appropriate steps to kitty-proof my home... with one exception... I'm not sure what to do about my stove-top. Ideally, I'll train them to not jump on the kitchen counters, but it's not a perfect world, and they are cats after all... I really would like to avoid my kitties burning their paws and I'm not quite sure what I should do about the hot cooktop after I've prepared a meal. I have a flat glass stove top, so the little coil covers are not an option. Does anyone have advice on this? What have you done?

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have glass too, Astrid won't go near the hot elements. Still working on the no counter surfing. Resulting to spraying with water at the moment. Hopefully it's not an issue :)

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hi there. Congratulations on your upcoming Gotcha Day.

@Catzzzmeow Put me onto this product:

And subsequently we now have 2 of them that act as sentries on our counters! They do work. But I recommend buying some extra air as well… They don't work very well if there's no air! LOL

Hi there. Congratulations on your upcoming Gotcha Day.

@Catzzzmeow Put me onto this product:

And subsequently we now have 2 of them that act as sentries on our counters! They do work. But I recommend buying some extra air as well… They don't work very well if there's no air! LOL
Thank you! I'll definitely pick some up!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@AnjyMonster ,great advice given

With 4 monkey like sphynx here , when I use the stove top or oven
I actually put up my kitties for a power nap time just to be sure
After cooling time , I hand check
Amd the. Set them free from power nap

Great job kitty proofing!Also , move any precious nick nacks!
Mine will push things with their paws to watch items fall lol

Also, if you have floor heat register vents , you can get deflector clear plastic covers

Be sure to watch opening doors slowly and always always watch underfoot! They are notoriously fast and run between legs or out doors!

Make sure the toilet lid stays down and remind guests

Lynn W

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I always put my little Dash down for a nap when I'm using my glass top stove and don't let him come out till the stove top is cool to the touch.