Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I feel like a horrible cat mommy...

MissusV

Lairian
When I brought my kittens home we switched their food to Nutrisource dry for Audrey (blue bag) and rotated the three original cans of wet for Archie. He will munch on dry food through out the day.

I decided to switch their food for the ease of buying, could only order Nutrisource online, so we switched to Science Diet kitten wet and dry. Archie had a couple more times of vomiting. So I switched again...

Switched to Purina pro plan sensitive skin and stomach per vets recommendation. Well tonight Archie woke up from a nap and vomited his while dinner! Small can of food and some dry. He has since vomited twice more.

I will be calling the vet in the morning so we can get Archie feeling better. I just need to vent cause I’m so mad at myself from ever changing them from Nutrisource just for convince. My poor little guy is miserable now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Hugs! Don't be so hard on yourself. You thought with switching food you were doing a good thing. You couldn't know Archie can't handle this new food. Hope Archie will feel better soon.

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
I agree, don’t be hard on yourself. We live and we learn. Hopefully his tummy will straighten out quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Do you plan to switch him back? I’m curious why the vet recommended a switch. (Probably gets paid in all honesty)

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

MissusV

Lairian
Took them both to the vet today, Audrey ended up vomiting also, stayed all day for observation. They both got fluids and anti nausea shots, and sent me home with some anti nausea medicine. Archie ate a tiny bit of wet food at the vets and kept it down so she said I could try a tiny bit when we got home. Well Archie vomited it right back up. So far Audreys has stayed down.

As far as all the food, I made those choices on my own. The vet just suggested a sensitive diet. I was given a prescription food for digestion today. When I get them back to eating normally then I’m gonna stick with whatever food made that happen!

Fingers crossed they will start holding food down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MissusV you are a purrfect mum, you did right getting them to the vet for early intervention and observation. I have been thru the food rodeo especially with my IBD bengal. many of us have done the food trials with mixed results. I agree with feed what works. you got this, keep us updated.. (((hugs)) and feel better head smooches. do not be hard on yourself, you are human. we have all been there. fyi, nutrisource did change packaging. I am still ordering online thru K9cuisine . com. with no sales tax to my state. I get 2 bags at time for free shipping, I put it on autoship discount, then go back in and cancel the autship. this way I have control of when and how much I need.

check the online locator on their website if you are switching back to Nutrisource. there is as store locator. I discovered the local dog grooming shop of all places is an authorized retailer and can order it. my moms cat was just at vet. he is off friskies and on nutrisource cat and kitten too . I keep it simple , feed what works. each kitty is different.

hugs n head smooches! following for updates!