Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I found the BEST shampoo/soap for my sphynx(finally)!!!

mia2764

Lairian
Hey Guys,
Haven't posted in a lifetime but had to share my fab find with my fellow sphynx lovers.Everyone else I excitedly told about the "new soap that's perfect for Iggy" looked at me like I needed medication.lol.But I know most of you are as crazy and invested in their kitties as I am so here's my find!
I have NEVER loved a creature as much as I love Iggy and will go above and beyond to make sure he is cared for to the best of my ability!
From babyhood to present (over 1 yr old) I,as many of you,havre tried all kinds of shampoos/soaps.From special for sphynx online orders,unscented organic dish soap,dial,body washes,pet shampoo,baby soap,posters recommendations,ect.to my own trials,some great,other leaving me back in the tub days later.As cared for and clean as Iggy was nothing was "it".Iggy hates baths so I wanted something that worked and gave him 2 wks of clean w/o irritation,film,or dirt.No matter how close to the real deal shampoo I got,no matter how great Iggy's skin got, NOTHING got rid of his chin,and more grossly,his black head infested tail,looking clean and clear,until....
I tried a bar of oh so pricey human soap designed to leave your skin unstripped while at the same time getting down deep and getting all impurities and blackheads and blemishes out! I'm an esthetician and have sworn by this for years w/teen acne clients and figured why not try it for a month on my Iggy.Took 4wks to see change and 6 for full results (I washed tail every day 1st 6 wks, and showered full body every 2 1/2 wks) but for the 1st time my cats tail is not gross and infested with blackheads! woo hoo! not cheap but had to share for the crazy cat lovers like me lol;-)
here's what I used..Pick the bar soap best suited for your lovely kitty:

-ERNO LASZLO CLEANSING BAR FOR EXTREMLEY OILY/OILY SKIN

-ERNO LASZLO SEA MUD DEEP CLEANSING BAR

P.S. I have been using for 3 mo and have barely made a dent in the bar so it lasts quite a long time.

starfar

Lairian
I'm too young to post urls but ernolazlo has a company website. Just google the name! Love this stuff for my sensitive skin btw!

:ThumbsUp:

Graddydani

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sounds interesting and worth a try. I've given up on Graddy's blackheads but I really love the way he smells after washing with our current wash.

angela1974

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I ordered some soap from Etsy....For Sphynx, it has olive oil in it for their skin and you can get a fragrance you want. I haven't used it yet so I don't have any news on it. I'm going to use it this weekend and I'll let you know.:Laugh:

starfar

Lairian
I was going to just use Dr. Bronner's, as its what my kids use and it has no yucky ingredients.. My breeder uses Dr. Foster and Smith oatmeal shampoo and swears by it. His older cats have the most gorgeous coats! Seeing as how it's not crazy expensive, I plan to have to on hand in case the Dr. Bronner's doesn't work out. If all else fails, maybe I'll use some of my ernolazlo products on her !! Then again, I'm not sure my partner would understand my using $50 bars of soap on my kitty!

mia2764

Lairian
It is definitely a high end human skin care line,a really amazing and effective one at that..Which I think officially makes me "the crazy cat lady".But i don't care I love my baby and am happy to use whatever works;-)
I buy it directly from the site,but I am sure some higher end dept stores offer it too.type in the names in google and I'm sure several shopping options will pop up.At first I felt really cookoo for spending so much on a soap for him,but to be honest when I tally up what I spent on other shampoos for him and how quickly I went thru them,I dare to say it's the same price maybe even lower because I am still on my 1st bar of soap and it's been several months!

For those that are on a budget and can't spend on this best thing I found before this blackhead god sed was target brand organic,fragrance free,for sensitive skin dish washing soap.

P.S. is it weird that I kinda miss popping the blackheads on his chin? lol

-ERNO LASZLO CLEANSING BAR FOR EXTREMLEY OILY/OILY SKIN (this was the one that got rid of the blackheads)

-ERNO LASZLO SEA MUD DEEP CLEANSING BAR (after 3 months and clear skin I switched to this 1 as it does the trick and leaves a softer feel,and I feel like maybe now that he's blackhead free there's no need to strip him of ALL his oils? I'll keep you all posted)

tdizzle3

Lairian
It is definitely a high end human skin care line,a really amazing and effective one at that..Which I think officially makes me "the crazy cat lady".But i don't care I love my baby and am happy to use whatever works;-)
I buy it directly from the site,but I am sure some higher end dept stores offer it too.type in the names in google and I'm sure several shopping options will pop up.At first I felt really cookoo for spending so much on a soap for him,but to be honest when I tally up what I spent on other shampoos for him and how quickly I went thru them,I dare to say it's the same price maybe even lower because I am still on my 1st bar of soap and it's been several months!

For those that are on a budget and can't spend on this best thing I found before this blackhead god sed was target brand organic,fragrance free,for sensitive skin dish washing soap.

P.S. is it weird that I kinda miss popping the blackheads on his chin? lol

-ERNO LASZLO CLEANSING BAR FOR EXTREMLEY OILY/OILY SKIN (this was the one that got rid of the blackheads)

-ERNO LASZLO SEA MUD DEEP CLEANSING BAR (after 3 months and clear skin I switched to this 1 as it does the trick and leaves a softer feel,and I feel like maybe now that he's blackhead free there's no need to strip him of ALL his oils? I'll keep you all posted)

I just bought the sea mud deep cleansing bar! I've been racking my brain over which soap/shampoo to buy for my little guy (for when he gets here of course:Wink2:) this makes so much sense! Thank you so much!!:BigSmile::BigSmile::BigSmile:

CaryMarie

Lairian
I was going to just use Dr. Bronner's, as its what my kids use and it has no yucky ingredients.. My breeder uses Dr. Foster and Smith oatmeal shampoo and swears by it. His older cats have the most gorgeous coats! Seeing as how it's not crazy expensive, I plan to have to on hand in case the Dr. Bronner's doesn't work out. If all else fails, maybe I'll use some of my ernolazlo products on her !! Then again, I'm not sure my partner would understand my using $50 bars of soap on my kitty!

I use Dr. Bronner's on mine & I swear the dirt just melts right off him. He always looks so amazing afterwards. Definitely give it a try

NatalieL

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I use Dr. Bronner's on mine & I swear the dirt just melts right off him. He always looks so amazing afterwards. Definitely give it a try

Which Dr. Bronners soap? The bar or the one in the bottle? I have the tea tree oil bar of soap for my face and I know there's so many different Bronners soaps out there.. Which one do you use on your baby?

CaryMarie

Lairian
Which Dr. Bronners soap? The bar or the one in the bottle? I have the tea tree oil bar of soap for my face and I know there's so many different Bronners soaps out there.. Which one do you use on your baby?

I use the mild unscented baby shampoo that comes in a bottle. The label is like a light blue. Don't forget to dilute it with water :Wink2:

Jacks153

Lairian
@tdizzle3 , @mia2764

Hi guys, GREAT Info from everyone on here !! I just wanted to reach out to you and let you know that we have a Complete Sphynx Line here in the Lair mall, it's in the featured forums. We use the best 100 % organic products for your babies. Same as compared to Erno Laszlo / high quality clays , half the price! You can take a peek on our website at www.OrganicallyBeautifulByJC.com Many breeders purchase the Gift pack to try all the products and see which they like best. Feel free to reach out to me or send me a message with any questions you may have! :cat:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@DaniLuvsOliver do you use exfoliating gloves ? Highly recommend

I I wet the gloves with hylyt shampoo amd a teenie bit of pet d’grease shampoo if needed ...

the hylyt shampoo is soap free rinses easily ..
The d’grease shampoo needs to be rinsed extremely well .

What products are you currently using? perhaps members can chime in with tips

Jeanhill72

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thanks for the advice! I have a hard time getting all of the oil residue off of my guy's back legs and belly. willing to try other things to help get the brown/orange oil off of him.
Hello!
My breeder uses Dawn dish soap for her greasy Sphynx cats. When my kitten would get extra dirty/greasy I would use a little bit of organic coconut oil just before bath and rub it into his dirty spots. It would help break up the dirt and made it easy to wash off.

DaniLuvsOliver

Lairian
69D46506-A22F-4549-8C06-40953C38655C.jpeg
Dr. Bronners for the win! Look at that beautiful white chest! No orange greasies left! I’m going to try the coconut oil trick as well for his hard to scrub inner thighs.

alandsim

Lairian
OMG! I have wanted a bar soap for Sim! There's something about the lather and long-lastingness of bar soap, plus it's so much less wasteful with packaging. I have switched my face wash, body soap and even shampoo now to bars!

I will have to try this. Sim has the same tail blackheads that seem permanent.

My mom and dad make and sell soap (They also make my hair shampoo bar soap. I will never go back!) and have given me a bar of oatmeal soap they say is gentle enough for babies for me to use on Sim but I have been scared to test it out!

Jeanhill72

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
View attachment 94537Dr. Bronners for the win! Look at that beautiful white chest! No orange greasies left! I’m going to try the coconut oil trick as well for his hard to scrub inner thighs.
Oliver is beautiful! Also, I am 99% sure I met him as a kitten - I think we use the same breeder :)
Did you notice if Bronner's helped him stay clean longer? My Walter gets dirty pretty quickly it seems...

Back