Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I got my new baby girl last night!

SarahLovee82

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Good morning all!  Picked up kitten last night & on the drive up the sky was a beautiful pink/purple sunset & my goddaughter said that Oliver was with Jesus painting the sky pink for his sister!  (Tears)We got to her about 8pm & wow shes soooooooooooooooooo cute OMGGGGGGGosh!  I can't even DEAL with how cute she is. 
Breeder & I had a long chat, he's done a lot more research on FIP & he feels terrible about what happened with Oliver.
She was really good in the car, took her out of the carrier as soon as we got to the car.  I had my goddaughter (she's 11) with me & my friend also so they were able to cuddle with her while I drove (I was so jealous) we got home & she definitely explored the heck out of my house. She is SO TINY!  It was so cute watching her climb the stairs because she's never seen stairs before (Breeder is in NYC so no stairs in his loft)
She ate, used her litter box (I got the Litter Kwitter) & slept with me purring away all night.  This morning she is rambunctious, playing with toys & lazer light... I was sad to have to leave her this morning to come to work but my goddaughter is there & my mom is babysitting so she'll have company & I'll be off with her all day tomorrow & Monday, I do have to go to church in the am & Monday I have a dr appt but she won't be alone for long at all. 
She still needs a name, we are thinking Starla, or Star for short but I'm not sure yet... She's just so cute...
I'm a bit more relaxed but still nervous, just don't want anything to happen to her.  I'm such an overprotective mum right now, I make everyone wash & sanitize their hands before they touch her. SMH LOL. Its not a game right now!
Also, I didn't get a chance to see the babies while I was up there, they are only 2 weeks old right now so we still have time to wait but I can't wait to see them.  I may go up in a month to see them so I can pick a baby out (breeder is giving me another kitten because of what happened with Oliver & he is trying to make ammends)  Breeder also says he's taking a long break from breeding because this last littler wasn't planned & he wants to give all his girls a break.  There's 2 black kits & 2 mink (right now but that could change as they get older)  I'm excited about that of course, but more focused on my little lady at home! 
Vet appointment on Monday!& here's a few pictures!

Attachments

• IMG_20121013_005522.jpg
    IMG_20121013_005522.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 116
  • 20121013_003246.jpg
    20121013_003246.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 20121013_093459.jpg
    20121013_093459.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20121012_232821.jpg
    IMG_20121012_232821.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 116
  • PART_1350090239226.jpg
    PART_1350090239226.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 115
  • 20121013_003556-1.jpg
    20121013_003556-1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 67

Caloci

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I think Starla is a great name. Was she a planned kitty for you before you got Oliver? Congrats on your new baby girl. Your breeder sounds like he is moving in the right direction. From what I understand FIP can happen to anyone but I'm glad he has looked into it more and is holding off on anymore breeding just now. Looking fwd to pics of the new litter.

SarahLovee82

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I think Starla is a great name. Was she a planned kitty for you before you got Oliver? Congrats on your new baby girl. Your breeder sounds like he is moving in the right direction. From what I understand FIP can happen to anyone but I'm glad he has looked into it more and is holding off on anymore breeding just now. Looking fwd to pics of the new litter.

She was planned, I fell in love with her when I went to pick Oliver up but she was from a different litter & was just too small to leave. I originally was naming them Oliver & Oliva but I just couldn't do it & decided she needed a different name.
She's so cute... she just resembles Oliver so much that it made me cry last night & I am just so worried about something being wrong. She is so little! (and so cute)

ElvirasMum

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Starla is gorgeous and a great name for her!!!

Don't worry too much about her being tiny.

This is Elvira on her gotcha day:

And this is more recent of Elvira:

They grow awfully fast!!!
Take lots of pics and a deep breath and relax and enjoy her!!!!

susi794

Staff member
She's very pretty. Mink means having aqua eyes.....how does your breeder know what color the new kits' eyes are? Do you mean seal, like Starla? BTW, I like the name Starla. Try to relax....and just enjoy her kittenhood. It goes before you know it.

live2flythesky

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
She is so cute! I hope you are enjoying your first days with her! And Elvira's mom is right: take lots of pics. They grow up before you know it! I wish I had more baby pics of Darwin.

SarahLovee82

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
She's very pretty. Mink means having aqua eyes.....how does your breeder know what color the new kits' eyes are? Do you mean seal, like Starla? BTW, I like the name Starla. Try to relax....and just enjoy her kittenhood. It goes before you know it.

I meant it like her, there are two black & 2 like her. Lol sorry!

Graddydani

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Aw!! How sweet! Oliver painting the sky for her. :Angel2: She is so precious and ittty bitty!! I love the name Starla too because she is a star. I love the pic with you and her. Looks like she is taking a claim to you :Wink2: enjoy her and don't stop taking pics.

I really respect your breeder for trying so hard to make amends and thinking about the health of his Queens. Really good guy!! I'm looking forward to updates on Star and news about your next naked baby. Yay for kitties!!! :BigSmile:

Luv Sphynx

Lairian
Good morning all!  Picked up kitten last night & on the drive up the sky was a beautiful pink/purple sunset & my goddaughter said that Oliver was with Jesus painting the sky pink for his sister!  (Tears)We got to her about 8pm & wow shes soooooooooooooooooo cute OMGGGGGGGosh!  I can't even DEAL with how cute she is. 
Breeder & I had a long chat, he's done a lot more research on FIP & he feels terrible about what happened with Oliver.
She was really good in the car, took her out of the carrier as soon as we got to the car.  I had my goddaughter (she's 11) with me & my friend also so they were able to cuddle with her while I drove (I was so jealous) we got home & she definitely explored the heck out of my house. She is SO TINY!  It was so cute watching her climb the stairs because she's never seen stairs before (Breeder is in NYC so no stairs in his loft)
She ate, used her litter box (I got the Litter Kwitter) & slept with me purring away all night.  This morning she is rambunctious, playing with toys & lazer light... I was sad to have to leave her this morning to come to work but my goddaughter is there & my mom is babysitting so she'll have company & I'll be off with her all day tomorrow & Monday, I do have to go to church in the am & Monday I have a dr appt but she won't be alone for long at all. 
She still needs a name, we are thinking Starla, or Star for short but I'm not sure yet... She's just so cute...
I'm a bit more relaxed but still nervous, just don't want anything to happen to her.  I'm such an overprotective mum right now, I make everyone wash & sanitize their hands before they touch her. SMH LOL. Its not a game right now!
Also, I didn't get a chance to see the babies while I was up there, they are only 2 weeks old right now so we still have time to wait but I can't wait to see them.  I may go up in a month to see them so I can pick a baby out (breeder is giving me another kitten because of what happened with Oliver & he is trying to make ammends)  Breeder also says he's taking a long break from breeding because this last littler wasn't planned & he wants to give all his girls a break.  There's 2 black kits & 2 mink (right now but that could change as they get older)  I'm excited about that of course, but more focused on my little lady at home! 
Vet appointment on Monday!& here's a few pictures!

Ahh so cute! Enjoy your new baby. It sounds like you just wEnt through the same thing I did recently losing a baby to FIP. It's a dreadful disease. Thank goodness it onl affects a small percentage of kittens. I know how you feel. My breeder is replacing the kitten also but I too am a little scared and nervous about taking the chance again. I hope you and your baby ave many years together as I'm sure you will

SarahLovee82

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ahh so cute! Enjoy your new baby. It sounds like you just wEnt through the same thing I did recently losing a baby to FIP. It's a dreadful disease. Thank goodness it onl affects a small percentage of kittens. I know how you feel. My breeder is replacing the kitten also but I too am a little scared and nervous about taking the chance again. I hope you and your baby ave many years together as I'm sure you will

yes it is terrible, never wnt to see that again & its totally nerve wrcking now Im thinking everytime shes sleeping "is she sleeping too much" ugh! ! Best of luck with your new baby also!!!

jlynrobert

Lairian
Sarah she is adorable....I am following you on IG as hubbell_bubble and love all the pics you post of Starla.
Keep them coming

Back