Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I got my nose pierced last night....

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sometime in the middle of the night i guess Tuttles decided he would bite my nose for whatever reason he saw fit, and his teeth were in the inside of my nose he had a good grip, what made it worse is when i woke up and tears were streaming out of my eyes and he would not let go i had to pry his mouth open and then he started kissing me as if to say, just checking to see if you were sleeping. When he kisses and gets into it really good he will do the corncob bite which is what i call it lol but this was a little of the top and it actually hurt! I think from now on i will sleep with the covers over my face :Laugh:

Brooke

Banned
Sometime in the middle of the night i guess Tuttles decided he would bite my nose for whatever reason he saw fit, and his teeth were in the inside of my nose he had a good grip, what made it worse is when i woke up and tears were streaming out of my eyes and he would not let go i had to pry his mouth open and then he started kissing me as if to say, just checking to see if you were sleeping. When he kisses and gets into it really good he will do the corncob bite which is what i call it lol but this was a little of the top and it actually hurt! I think from now on i will sleep with the covers over my face :Laugh:

Walter has just started biting my nose to get me up in the mornings. I've gotten pretty good at ignoring his meowing and running across my head, but he's figured out that if he puts his teeth on my nose (his top teeth on top of my nose, and his two bottom canine teeth one in each nostril) its a VERY effective way to make me get up!! :LOL: He hasn't bit down and hurt me but it scares me awake every time!

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
As Kramer grew & got his "Big Boy Teeth" he seems to bite a little more:Furious: I think he is just trying to show off his teeth.

Maximus

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Don't put the sheets over your head, that's the worst idea ever...Every time I do that Scrotie thinks its a game and pounces my face, torturous!

saintbabby

Lairian
he might have just been grooming you, aka trying to get that foreign thing out of your body. ive had cats in the past that have come up to me and licked fresh woulds for me, you know... just helping out. and another thing, ive had dogs that baby certain stuffed animals and they pick off any hard parts as though theyre ticks on a pup or something. so maybe your cat was just trying to get that "tick" off you.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Don't put the sheets over your head, that's the worst idea ever...Every time I do that Scrotie thinks its a game and pounces my face, torturous!

Amen on that one. I can vouch on this one. The only thing that I found that works just a little bit is burying my nose in my pillow so he can't get to my face. Then he just goes after my ears and uses his chafing tongue on my head. I don't have hair either so the licking can hurt quite a bit.

RuthArt

Lairian
I can somewhat relate.....only it was a snake that bit me and I had to be very careful to pry it loose so as not to hurt 'him'!!!

Pinkz has given me a blood blister doing that 'corncob' bite (I have a German Shepherd who does that to the cats to groom them like she's biting a flea!!!) and when we do the forehead to forehead 'mind meld', he likes to get a bite on my nose when we break it off!!

hope it doesn't happen to you again....getting awakened like that is gruesome.

Back