Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I have 5 BERRIES!!!!!! YAY!!!

J

Jinxlover

THERE HERE!!!!!!
5 of them, I checked on her at 12 nothing again at 5 and there were 5 berries.:BigSmile:
I will get a pick up soon..

They are all happy ,even the little guy I found cold in the litter box with a mouth full of litter I hope he's okay.

They are happy but dont seem to want to eat , they are just sleeping.Maybe they ate before I found them?

OMG this sucks I dont want my cat to have babies I'm going to die with worry...It has been 45mins and I'm already a nut...:Dizzy:

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Excellent news.

Keep an eye on the little guy. Sometimes the moms 'know' there's something wrong and move a sick/ dying kitten away from the others. He should be okay, just keep him warm and keep an eye on her, make sure it wasn't her who put him there.

Also if she starts moving them to odd places, she might not be feeling secure in her nest, so giving it a roof/covering it will make her feel more secure. Those covered litterboxes are good for nervous moms.

ETA; I was a day out :ThumbsUp:

Brooke

Banned
Congrats! You're a grandma!!

...you do realize we require hourly updates, right??? :LOL:

Keep a close watch on the little guy...are they all latched on and feeding? Pictures?

J

Jinxlover

Okay here is one pic.
She gets crazy if I mess with them to much. I was in there earlier and she laid down on the kittens. I said okay okay I'm leaving..lol..

I'm not sure about the little cold guy..I thought he was dead when I first found him, he was ICE cold, then he went MOW. So I cleaned him up and out him with boo and the heat pad. But I cant get all the litter out of his little mouth. Lets pray he's going to be okay. He is now warm and with his/her mom. He's the little dark(black?) one with his head on the other kitten.

Attachments

• P1050240.JPG
    P1050240.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 155
J

Jinxlover

Have you seen any of them latched on and eating yet?

No, I'm starting to worry. I have tried to get them to but they just will not. They crawl allover her but I have not seen them eat.

Is there something I can do to make them eat??? HELP!!!!!! Now I'm starting to get hyper....:Cry:

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
No, I'm starting to worry. I have tried to get them to but they just will not. They crawl allover her but I have not seen them eat.

Is there something I can do to make them eat??? HELP!!!!!! Now I'm starting to get hyper....:Cry:

Make sure they are warm, first and foremost. Have you tried putting them to a nipple?

J

Jinxlover

They are warm,They have a heat pad and I have a heater in the room.
They just will not latch on to her. She is in there with them they just eat. They donr even have fat little tummies. I have tried to put them up there they just dont want to do it.
I'm going to have a break down I fell it coming.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Congrats on the kittens and I hope the other one will be ok.
You need to keep them warm and try to get them to nurse.
It is very important.
Is she done having kittens?
Sometimes more kittens come when you think they are done.
My Coco had 3 kittens everything seemed normal then over 12 hours later she had 2 more but they were dead.
She was fine and only pushed once or twice with the dead.
Do you have any bottles and KMR just in case you have to feed them.
They really need to get the mothers first milk.
I had that problem once with kittens and had to put the get on the nipples.
See if she has milk.
Sometimes there are problems and the milk does not come in.

J

Jinxlover

They still wont eat. I have tried everything to get them to latch on and they just will not. Even when I open there mouths they will not suck. There is no one close to me to come show me how to get them to eat. I dont know what to do. If they dont eat soon, they will die.:Cry::Cry:.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
They are warm,They have a heat pad and I have a heater in the room.
They just will not latch on to her. She is in there with them they just eat. They donr even have fat little tummies. I have tried to put them up there they just dont want to do it.
I'm going to have a break down I fell it coming.

Squeeze a tiny bit of milk out and put them to it, the smell/ taste should help them start.

If that doesn't work; Get some kitten milk, NOT cow milk and a dropper/ kitten milk bottle and give it to them. Don't force the milk into them or it can go into their lungs and they will get pneumonia. A drop at a time will work.

Is she cleaning them/ caring for them?

susi794

Staff member
First of all, congratulations! Five beautiful little berries! The one in the litterbox better be Dingleberry. Poor little angel. From what I could see, they look beautiful--looks like you've got a couple of torties, a blue ...and can't really make out the others. Good job, Blueberry!
Now, don't have a breakdown--the Berries need you. If I recall, it's not that unusual for the babies not to have latched on while you're looking yet--especially if Blueberry is nervous. Try lying down beside her and sing songing her--tell her she's so pretty and her babies are so beautiful...stroke her and hopefully she will lie down too...continue to make it soooo sweet and comfy with you stroking her and singing to her....once she settles in, move the Berries up to her belly...but don't be really nervous while you're doing it....put their front feet on her belly and just let them lie there-- if they will. If she's nervous, she may have kept getting up when they try to latch on....they may have already nursed without you seeing it, and they are now just wanting to sleep. Give them a little time before you get too nervous. They are only a few hours old. If Blueberry doesn't like you around them, then put her in a quiet room with her nest and the kits, make sure they are all warm and leave her alone. If you're using a heating pad, make sure they have a cooler part of the nest to get to, as when they are this young, they can't regulate their temperature by themselves...and on a heating pad they can get too hot. --maybe try the pad on half the nest and not the other--or make sure there are more layers of blanket on part of it, so they can crawl to a cooler place if they need to.
Having sphynxies is nerve racking for the first several days as they are so fragile--and even the best breeders lose some, so if that happens, don't beat yourself up thinking you did something wrong. Watch their skin around their necks/shoulders for signs of dehydration rather than their bellies for fat little tummies--they are so little that they don't eat much at a time. Do you have formula and bottles/nipples you can feed with if you have to? There are lots of good resources that explain how to feed if you need to do it. Also, have cotton balls available for their butts if you handfeed--it's very important that you stimulate urination and bowel movements in the kits--so educate yourself as best you can about what you have to do and then be ready. Do your best and that's all you can do.
Keep us posted!
Susi and the gang

J

Jinxlover

Squeeze a tiny bit of milk out and put them to it, the smell/ taste should help them start.

If that doesn't work; Get some kitten milk, NOT cow milk and a dropper/ kitten milk bottle and give it to them. Don't force the milk into them or it can go into their lungs and they will get pneumonia. A drop at a time will work.

Is she cleaning them/ caring for them?

It's not her. She is doing her part, it's the kittens. She is laying with them and taking care of them. They are even crawling all over her. They just wont latch on and eat.

I cat squeeze any milk out of her. When I squeeze nothing comes out, but she has milk her boobs hang to the ground.

I have some kitten milk and a bottle, I cant use the bottle now b/c hubby was trying to help and poked a hole in it b/c nothing would come out:Angry: so now I dont want to use it and the pet store does not open tell 9 so I can buy a new one.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats! Did you get the litter out of the kittens mouth? What kind of litter is it? You need to do so use a syringe or q-tip and gently pick it out being very gentle. Just hold the kittens head near the nipple and rub their mouth on the nipple while maybe squeezing the nipple to produce milk. Is she in the open? They prefer small dark places like a closet. Keep an eye on her that she does not move them, closets are the best with one big blanket and a heating pad on one side under the blanket. Make sure the room she is in is toasty with a portable heater if needed, if the closet is in the bedroom keep the bedroom door closed. If the litter box has a cover, take it off! They will use the litter box as a safe place like the closet I spoke of. Do not go crazy, these are animals and they have natural instincts and will eat. If they do not eat in a long period of hours, advise your vet and he may want you to bottle feed, ask the vet first you dont want to do this if you dont have to. They often struggle to find the nipples and also to begin suckling, this is normal. She is also a new mommy , but things will generally come natural! Take a deep breath and relax!:ThumbsUp:

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Don't panic.

You should be able to squeeze a little clear fluid but if you can't then don't panic, she has milk there we've seen it, it just hasn't been let down yet.

Do you mean your husband has poked too big a hole in the nipple of the bottle? That's okay, just let the drops touch their lips, don't force lots of milk into their mouths.

They are only a few hours old yet, no need to panic.

susi794

Staff member
They come without holes in the nipples....you have to poke a hole in them. Just wash it good and see if milk comes out--but not too fast.

J

Jinxlover

Okay.. I had a break down and I'm back in control.
I got milk out of her, I was squeezing the nipple and I had to squeeze the boob(new at this you know)
They are warm and happy. The babies are sleeping and not acting like they are hungry.
It is not Blueberry she is taking good care of them, she is in there with them and trying to get them to nurse. I will go in there in a few mins and try a dropper but I almost cant even get them to open there mouths. I have not seen any of them eat and I have been peeking in for about 4 hrs now. Will it help to take them to the vet? Or should I go get bottles and try that way?

Attachments

• P1050244.JPG
    P1050244.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 116
  • P1050243.JPG
    P1050243.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 110
Back