Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I have a SPHYNX and a CORNISH REX

Hi Sphnxlair Community
I got a lovely little Sphynx from a family who had to travel for work, My Cornish Rex Male was NOT HAPPY to have a little "sister". He actually scratched her and drew blood. A wise woman who did cat rescue gave me advice. Put both cats in sweaters then the next day switch their clothes! When they get used to each others scent, they will be friends. Worked in a few days! I can watch them play for hours. Now only "play fighting" (no claws). I hope this helps anyone who adds a kitty to your home. Feel free to follow me and The Catz on Instagram. lisarmachenberg.

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Fluffyseti welcome to sphynxlair for you, your sphynx girl and cornish rex boy. Glad to hear they're best friends now. It's so much fun to watch two cats play. Last friday I April (an Elf Sphynx) did came to live with me and my boys. The introduction went so smoothly that I still can't believe it. But it's good to know about the cloths as a trick to get them use to eachother.

What are the names of your girl and boy? And do you have photo's of them? Would love to see them!

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
@Fluffyseti that is an awesome tip! We are always looking for new ideas to help people. Transitioning in a new adult cat can be so stressful for everyone. Only comment I would add is just make sure a vet looks over their skin very well before doing this. We have seen ringworm is often miss diagnosed on missed entirely and it is highly contagious. Thanks for sharing.

Patti

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Fluffyseti , Welcome to the lair family! Looking forward to your journey and pics with us!
We all learn and grow together here! What a great sweater tip for cross scenting Introduction-
Be careful with sweaters not left on too long (rashes) and or getting stuck in them :)-
(I learned from experience when a dewclaw got snagged - glad I was home - mine run naked now )

What cuties you have! What are their names?

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hello and welcome! Glad your wee ones are now getting on! Please share more pics and stories when you can.

@Fluffyseti welcome to sphynxlair for you, your sphynx girl and cornish rex boy. Glad to hear they're best friends now. It's so much fun to watch two cats play. Last friday I April (an Elf Sphynx) did came to live with me and my boys. The introduction went so smoothly that I still can't believe it. But it's good to know about the cloths as a trick to get them use to eachother.

What are the names of your girl and boy? And do you have photo's of them? Would love to see them!
I Cornish Rex is Wi-Fi because he is wireless and you never have to recharge him! My Sphynx is Fluffy S. E. T. I. Sphynx Alien Hunter!! See any Space Aliens? No? That's because she is doing such a fine job.
How did you find your self Sphynx?

@Fluffyseti that is an awesome tip! We are always looking for new ideas to help people. Transitioning in a new adult cat can be so stressful for everyone. Only comment I would add is just make sure a vet looks over their skin very well before doing this. We have seen ringworm is often miss diagnosed on missed entirely and it is highly contagious. Thanks for sharing.

Patti
Really good information about being cautious with sweaters. Mostly my kitties wear tee shirts, but INLY when I'm home.

image.jpeg

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I Cornish Rex is Wi-Fi because he is wireless and you never have to recharge him! My Sphynx is Fluffy S. E. T. I. Sphynx Alien Hunter!! See any Space Aliens? No? That's because she is doing such a fine job.
How did you find your self Sphynx?
Hahahaha I love their names! Flyffy is really doing her job well cause I never even heard of Space Aliens before:)

I just posted lots of pics! My boy is WiFi and my Sphynx is Fluffy. Where did you get your Elf Sphynx? They are VERY cool looking!

F

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I just posted lots of pics! My boy is WiFi and my Sphynx is Fluffy. Where did you get your Elf Sphynx? They are VERY cool looking!

F
Wifi and Fluffy are both very beautiful and adorable.
Jade, the Elf Sphynx, is a retired breeder and I bought her 6 weeks ago. She's almost 2. She's beautiful but more important, she's a sweetheart and my boys love her!