Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I have decided on a Mink

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So after debating between a Black or a Mink Sphynx I have decided on a Mink. The aqua eyes melted me :BigSmile:. I think I want a little girl as I am the only female in my house. So if anyone knows of any Sphynx breeders in Texas that has any Mink kitties let me know :BigSmile:

gizmo6370

Banned
So after debating between a Black or a Mink Sphynx I have decided on a Mink. The aqua eyes melted me :BigSmile:. I think I want a little girl as I am the only female in my house. So if anyone knows of any Sphynx breeders in Texas that has any Mink kitties let me know :BigSmile:

Better news for you...you can have both...if you get a seal mink kitty...you've got a genetic black kitty with aqua eyes :BigSmile:
Good luck in your search:ThumbsUp:

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hi! What is a seal mink Sphynx? I have a sealcolorpoint, with aqua eyes. She has a fine downy black coat, nearly fully coated, which is odd. My other Sphynx is a tortipoint with green eyes & is bald as a rubber ball!

gizmo6370

Banned
What about Jack's sister? Isn't she a seal mink? Posted by Jacksmom think the post is "Jack's sister SOOO cute!"

She is gorgeous and in TX!

Like Niles!! Thank you for educating me gizmo :ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

Jack's sister is a seal mink with white...just like Niles...and like my Flora...it's great also...but maybe she wants a seal mink without the white ?

You are very welcome:Wink::BigSmile:

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Jacks sister is soooo pretty but I think she is spoken for. Does anyone have that breeders info though? She might have others?

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Jacks sister is sold and going to canada.
Pointed sphynx can only have blue eyes.
Minks have Aqua eyes.
I came so close to having a mink from Cleo and Polars breeder but the kitten was not show quality.

holly_savage

Banned
Maxt mill...

a Seal Point (or color point) would have the light cream colored body with the darker (seal) extremities (ie...face, ears, paws and tail) A mink is similar, the lighter parts darken as they get older, not as dark as the "points" but darker than a the cream color.

And Jacky is right, the pointeds have blue eyes and the minks have aqua eyes.

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Maxt mill...

a Seal Point (or color point) would have the light cream colored body with the darker (seal) extremities (ie...face, ears, paws and tail) A mink is similar, the lighter parts darken as they get older, not as dark as the "points" but darker than a the cream color.

And Jacky is right, the pointeds have blue eyes and the minks have aqua eyes.

Thanks for the information! My tortie has green eyes & my "Seal colorpoint" has aqua eyes - she is very dark colored all over, with her ears being slightly darker. I wonder if she is more correctly a seal mink, rather than a seal colorpoint?:Woo: I am hoping to adopt the tortie's mother as a retired breeder soon - she is a chocolate colorpoint with blue eyes. I also have 3 Ragdoll cats, 2 of whom are colorpoints - in Ragdolls the pointed cats always have blue eyes as well. I still have much to learn,:Dizzy: & I thank everyone for the info!!:Smile:

gizmo6370

Banned
Does the mink refer to a coated spynx, & how is it different than a seal? Thanks!!

Mink refers to the eye color...not the coat color...the coat color is seal ( what means black....if my Flora wasn't a mink...she be a regular black and white with green or yellow eyes ) but because she is mink...she's called a seal and have the aqua eye color...
There are 3 sorts of point :
Point....like the siamese with the blue eyes ( is always born all white )
Mink...with the aqua eyes ( born white but will start to color in a few days....and getting darker in time )
Sepia....with bright yellow eyes ( already born with color ) :Smile:

Back