Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I haz a sad

NakedNinja

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Totally non-feline related.

I've been planning for months to make the 12 hour drive from Tacoma, WA to Rexburg, ID for the birth of my new grandson, due on New Year's Eve.

My daughter just called. Her water broke, she is in active labor, and there is a bad snow storm coming in so it would be suicide to try to make the drive tonight.

She'll be fine. Lots of friends and support, second baby, and I'm just a phone call away, but I so want to be with her to welcome the newest member to the family!

I'll just cuddle up with my nudist and my phone, and be there in spirit....

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh how exciting! Tell them to take a lot of pictures for you. I am glad you are not going to take the trip. Congratulations. Let us know how it goes.:BigSmile:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's too bad about the weather, I can imagine how much you want to be there. Hopefully the storm will end soon and you can make the journey then. Best wishes to your daughter and pre-congratulations to you on your new grandson:BigSmile:

NakedNinja

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
After only 2 1/2 hours of labor, welcome to the world little boy! 7 pounds, 15 ounces. 19 1/2 inches long. Great set of lungs. They put me on speaker phone so I could listen in for the birth.

No name yet. They're still deciding.

Thanks for your support and good thoughts!

TotenEngel

Banned
Congrats!
My sister in law was stuck in the snow 3 weeks before xmas while in labour in the back of the car, they had been on the motorway for 3 hours and not moved!
Luckily some men with 4x4s and shovels helped her and my brother in law out and drove them both to the hospital! They named their baby James after their rescuer!

NakedNinja

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Congrats!
My sister in law was stuck in the snow 3 weeks before xmas while in labour in the back of the car, they had been on the motorway for 3 hours and not moved!
Luckily some men with 4x4s and shovels helped her and my brother in law out and drove them both to the hospital! They named their baby James after their rescuer!
What an awesome story! You see that sort of thing on the TV, but you're got a "real life" version in your family. Fortunately, Kate lives VERY close to the hospital, so she made it in just fine :BigSmile:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Congratulations on the birth of your grandson. Snow storm or not, it doesn't sound like he was going to wait around. I'm glad you were in a place where you could safely hear him on speaker phone. The first time you meet him will be awesome.

Gizzymom

Banned
Congrats, grandma!!! So glad your new grandchild made it into the world safely, even if you couldn't be there to share in person... On the phone and in spirit are the next best thing!!!:Laugh:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congratulations! Try to look at the bright side: By the time you get there everyone will be settled in at home and you can relax and spend lots of time with your grandson while helping Mom around the house. :BigSmile: