Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I just can't keep a secret any longer

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Long story short, I've been watching this darling since he was born, and I just couldn't resist. His breeder and I have been talking about what it takes to show a cat, so I'm buying this baby as a show prospect :) She wanted to keep him, but she treats her cats like family members, and worries about her current stud causing problems as he matures, so she's letting him go to me, under the understanding I'll keep in close contact with her and show him. She wants me to keep him in tact for now because she may want to use him in a breeding program later, which I'm happy to do - for now! If he starts marking in the house or having other undesirable tom cat behavior then the breeder said as long as I talk to her about it first, I can get him neutered, so I'm ok with it :)

Anyway, he's only 6 weeks, so I've got another 6 weeks still before he comes home, but I just couldn't keep it a secret any longer!!!! His name is Piglet right now, but I'm probably going to change that - any suggestions?

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Just for fun - Here's some pictures of my new baby.
Piglet1.jpg

Piglet.jpg

PigletsLitter.jpg

PigletsLitter1.jpg

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thanks! No, I'm probably not keeping the name - I'm looking for ideas on a new name for him, any suggestions (other then Butterball LOL)?

Brooke

Banned
Oh, he's so cute. I want to kiss his little nose!! I wouldn't be able to keep that secret either!

You don't want a name suggestion from me...I had a dog named Virgil, and my cats Harold and Walter...haha!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
What a cutie! He looks like a solomon, but Admin is a really cool name too! :Cool:LOL
Good luck , keep us posted!

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
What a cutie! He looks like a solomon, but Admin is a really cool name too! :Cool:LOL
Hahaha, I don't think he looks like an Admin, either :LOL:

His breeder is suppose to be sending me some new pictures tomorrow - Will post them as soon as I get them!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member

What A nerd he is:Woo:
What A cute kitty I am not good with picking names Admin picked all out Sphynx our older dog and the kids, I named the puppy Delilah but no one likes it.

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
How bout Michael Jackson. He's black and white and he's got a little spot on his nose.
:LOL: Now that's funny!!! You know what - I think I might actually go for that, even though my boy is mostly white his siblings are black - Just like Michael ROFL :Cool: Can just call him Mikey.....or Peter Pan for short LOL

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
UMM I did love MJ so without sounding nasty he was more white than black in the past few years! So MJ or Mikey is still my vote.

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I also liked Michael Jackson - But honestly, I don't want to name a cat after him, just simply for the fact that I have a strong feeling there's going to be ALOT of animals named after him in the next little while!!! He was a great musician, I really liked his earlier stuff, and watching his little girl on the memorial yesterday nearly broke my heart - I feel bad for his kids!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
He is pretty.
Are you going to show in TICA or CFA?
I have a secret also. lol
The answer I posted on facebook.

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
He is pretty.
Are you going to show in TICA or CFA?
I have a secret also. lol
The answer I posted on facebook.

I'll have to go on Facebook and see! I'm going to start in TICA, maybe go to CFA later - Do the papers cross register? I believe he only comes with TICA papers.

Lydia

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm quite biased but I'm glad you're not keeping the name Piglet....that's my sphynx's name and there can't be more than one Piglet here on Sphynx Lair...LOL!

Your little guy is adorable, though! He's little but has a tough guy look about him. Here are my name suggestions, for what it's worth:

Joe DiMaggio (you can call him "Joey" for short)
Mickey Mantle (another baseball hero)
Stuart Little (from the Disney film)
Spanky (from "The Little Rascals")
Alfalfa (can't you tell I love the "Little Rascals"...LOL!)

I personally really like "Spanky", because that's who your kitten reminds me of the most! :LOL:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You need to send the blue slip you get with the cat to TICA then after you get the Tica number you send a copy of the TICA papers to CFA.
TICA is fast but CFA takes forever to send the reg number.
I mostly show in CFA because there are not many TICA shows that are less then 3 hours from here.
I will be showing in TICA in October for the first time.

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I could see him as a Spankey, but I also think Mickey would be a cute name for him..... I'll have to see if any of these names fit him! I'll go see him in a week and a half, I'm out of town right now, but can't wait, he'll be 8 weeks then (he was born 05/24), and only 4 weeks away from being able to go home with me!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I could see him as a Spankey, but I also think Mickey would be a cute name for him..... I'll have to see if any of these names fit him! I'll go see him in a week and a half, I'm out of town right now, but can't wait, he'll be 8 weeks then (he was born 05/24), and only 4 weeks away from being able to go home with me!

I like Mickey, too....very cute boy's name. Good luck with your first visit with the baby....I bet you are so excited right now! :BigSmile:

Moonstone

Lairian
I love "mickey", but I would prefer a name like:
"catch me", "hot boy", or "Dartagnan" or BW (beewee)
:LOL:

he's cute anyway....I hope to see pics soon !

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I think if your going to show him he has to have a real regal name something like
Sir Finaghan-Fin for short

Boy is he cute though and so is his sister and brother...just want to take them all home:Laugh:

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ya, that's my problem - I do want to take them all home! But for now, 3 is enough LOL I do want something more elegant since he'll be a show cat. But, as we all know, a 3 month old Sphynx kitten is anything but elegant - gangly bunch of untamed trouble maker is more like it LOL

Back